“This is a beautiful property”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Everything's first class and clean here. When you first arrive you are greeted by Doreen, who is as friendly as she is efficient. Se was so helpful and thanked us for being Priority Rewards Club members.
The breakfast area was very clean with good food. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.
I would definately want to return here.
Of course, the morning cinnamon rolls are worth waking up early for!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrandMrs5

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel June 10 - 13th and it was wonderful. The hotel was clean and well kept. Staff were excellent. Breakfast was good and coffee was really good. Even after we left they were still looking after us. My hubby didn't check the closet before we left and therefore the clothes in there were left behind. I called the hotel Saturday morning and they called me back within 15 minutes to say that his clothes were there in the lost and found and that they would be sent to us. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and will stay here again on my next trip to Chicago...whenever that will be...hopefully soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was the teaching a class for a local company. When I checked in, Doreen at the front desk asked me the name of the company for which I was speaking. When I told her, she reduced my room rate! I was thrilled. What great service. Fran in the breakfast area/meeting room setup was very courteous and checked on our meeting throughout the day. The manager also greeted me and checked to make sure everything was okay with our meeting room.

Room Tip: There are sleeping rooms on the first floor across from the meeting room - I'd ask for something...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here on a Friday night intending to travel to U.S. Cellular Field early Saturday morning for an event. This worked great. Less than half an hour to the field in the morning and much cheaper than staying nearer the city or around Midway. This hotel is newer and was very clean and comfortable. The rooms were well appointed with nice firniture, linens, BIG TV, microwave and refrigerator. Had a restful night's sleep and it was quiet. Nice breakfast buffet. Front desk agent was pleasant and helpful. Great access to/from the interstate with enough restaurants and services around. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I will like to recommend miss Lupe for a higher responsibility. She displayed so much enthusiasm towards me and my clients who spent 2 days at the hotel. Unlike a lady that was at the breakfast corner on the morning of 3/31/13. She needs to go for a training in customer relations. Her reception towards us was not too good. Above all, u guys are wonderful. KEEP IT

• Stayed: March 2013
GMHIEXLANSING, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay and staff. We value every guest that walks through our door and value highly the honest feedback we receive. I will take your comments regarding your breakfast experience and take the necessary steps to improve our services in that department. I have also relayed your positive experience with our staff and commended her on a job well done! I'm glad you had a swell time.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We are from Maryland and we already had a Hotel booked about 35 mins West of Downtown Chicago for 5 nights for our vacation during Christmas week. But we were looking for a hotel to stay at for a night so we could go and be close to the Horseshoe Casino. Prices were all over the place. From $52 to $149 a night. Reading some of the reviews on the local hotels and based of prior Holiday Inn Express expericences at other locations we decided to stay here. Upon checking in the woman at the counter was "VERY" nice and friendly. There was chocolate chip cookies out for customers. The outside was well lighted. The inside of the hotel was very clean and organized. Our room was on the 3rd floor. It was very nice and roomy. Have to say it was actually bigger that the room we were currently staying in at the Hyatt. No bad smells in the room or hallways. The busniess was nice size, but only one computer. Free computer usage also. The complimentary breakfast was good. The server was very helpful and courteous. The whole food area and sitting areas we very clean. Based of of what we saw and the time we spent in the room we almost stayed another night, but we didn't since we had the other hotel we were currently staying in. So, kudos to Holiday Inn for striving to be better.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience. My apologies for responding to this late. The staff appreicates a good pat on the back and I can't thank them enough as well as the comments we receive from our valued guests such as you. Every feedback is crucial to us delivering the great service that you expect from our hotel and the Holiday Inn Express brand. Thank you once again and please come back and see us.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

To start with, this is supposed to be a smoke free hotel. Don't be surprised if you smell smoke inside. I was placed in a room directly next to someone who the front desk said they knew was a smoker (after the face, of course). Mind you, I have my 5 yr old child with me. Might I add that I was told the hotel was nearly empty so why would we be placed there? The room was ok..nothing superior. Floors incredibly dirty. Pillows all the same although they say "firm" and "soft". There is no difference between them. All are well used and not comfortable. I stayed in another holiday inn express just the night before in PA and had a marvelous stay. It's a shame some owners take hardly any pride in their business. I was told a manager would contact me about the smoke issue but that never happened. I don't know if they're just having a bad night here, but this is awful!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank User1111
GMHIEXLANSING, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Greetings,

I appreciate you giving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us and advising us of the issues you faced. Although we are a 100% smokefree facility and strictly enforce the policy, we are not able to stop someone from smoking. We take the necessary steps to identify the offenders and charge a fee that is appropriate to get the room back to a nonsmoking status. I assure you myself and the ownership is very concerned when issues arise and do not take lightly to resolve our guests concerns. I would like to personally apologize that you and your child had a bad experience at our hotel. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you regarding this matter and assure you that guest satisfaction is our first priority.

General Manger

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing? Share your experiences!