“Great all-around value”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
“Great all-around value”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Red Roof Inn Lansing, Illinois is a great place to stay for the money, offering good value, location--within minutes of shopping, dining, and local entertainment--and GREAT customer service. The managers like Bina and Ava are top-notch when it comes to customer service; from resolving issues which arise to making sure you have a wake-up call, they always make me feel welcomed. The house-keeping is good, (and daily, don't assume that all places are) they are flexible and willing to accomodate your schedule (I usually request late service because of work), and they always do a good job... ESPECIALLY Kim. I've been here in Lansing since early January, and have stayed at a couple of the other places nearby: HoJo, DaysInn, ect. And the verdict: RRI is waaaaayyyy better, even though those other places may be a little cheaper. The old adage holds: you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for Kim in housekeeping, you'll never be disappointed. Wi-fi signals strongest on south side...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof. We always enjoying hearing about the positive experiences our guest have at our hotels.

I will be sure to share your comments with Kim and Bina and the rest of the staff regarding your stay. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Ava Adediwura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 March 2012

red roof inn-lansing,illinois is in a great location for travelers with dozens of restaurants, from fast food to sit down, within a mile of the hotel. there is even an irish style pub within a 2minute walk should you want to go for a coctail without having to drive. hotel staff no matter what time of day, from bina to mike to adriana to brenda, is always polite and courtious while making you feel very much at home, seeing to it that your stay is enjoyable and problem free.
i stay here once a week and upon leaving in the morning any of the housekeeping staff if you see them outside of a room makes a point of saying "hello" or "have a nice day". i would highly recomend red roof inn-lansing,ill for any business traveler.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
RedRoofLansingIL, Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at the Chicago Lansing location. We were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with Bina, Brenda, Mike, Adrianna, and the rest of the team. Feed back from our guest is always welcome as we strive to make each stay and enjoyable and memorable experience.

Genereal Manager
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I've seen recent reviews and I wonder where those people are staying because it's not red roof trust me the hojo or sleep inn is waaaaay better! First of all the manager or who ever is in charge has these big 1931 tvs in the rooms that could easily tip over I have an 3 yr old and I kept my baby as far away as I could from that tv. SECOND they'res litterally only 20 cable channels and out of the 20 is FOUR news channels 5 sports channels and the rest is country garbage. The manager at this place must be a cheap chump because theyres nothing good here! Not to mention the room carpets are nasty beyond nasty they're filthy! Your socks are bound to be filthy within one hour. I stayed here for three days and the manager was never there! OH and let's not forget the power went off for a minimium of 2 hours and guess what I didn't get a refund nothing! Trust me as a recent reveiw even your one night stands shouldn't be here, STAY AWAY! -Tiana P.S the coffee's great.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Tiana32
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Chicago Lansing Red Roof Inn. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the brief power outage as this was out of our control but we worked dilligently to restore the power within a reasonable time frame.

At Red Roof, it our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Although we cannnot guarantee a similiar situation will not occur we will continue to strive for excellence to build your confidence in our product and abilities. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your buisness.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and allowing us to address our areas of opportunity. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve and accomodate your needs the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I'm currently stayn@RRI located in Lansing,Il.Due2 home repairs from hell I've been here 4long period of time. I have seen lot of staff come&go.There is a new manager here that has really changed morale of staff&guest comfort. The hotel is a economic hotel,howeverG.M.Ava A. Take her responsibilities seriously,she assist her staff with cleaning&evenworkn n the. Laundry room. She addresses all issues immediately regardless of how mediocre some can be. She has made my stay here better&she is fair 2her customers.I observe how courteous staff interact with rude guests.House keepn staff will do watevr u ask them, withn reason.CC,Diane,Lance, Kathy have been good2 me&they all make sure I hav toiletries&keep room clean even when I tell them not 2clean room bcause I hav no problm wit keepn my own room clean.Bina has been great 2me as well even though there rtimes I'm frustratd bout sumthn.Mike is overnite staff that will ensure guests r safe&hapy during late hours.He put guests first as well. This place has been my home away from home&id recommend it 2any1 guest r first here,place functions well bcause of G.M. Ava A. RRI upper management made good choice regardn hiring her,it is just that simple.RRI runs well under Ms. A.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank MeMeZTE
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time tell all of our potential guest about your lodging experience at the Red Roof Inn in Chicago Lansing. We value you as a cutomer and appreciate your feedback. I will share your comments with the staff as all feed back from our guests are welcomed.

Please continue to keep us in mind for all of your lodging and hospitality needs.

District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Stayed in a Superior King room with my wife and dog for a few days while visiting family in the area. The housekeeping staff were friendly, the room was clean and spacious, and the rates -- a little over $60 a night including wifi, a fridge and microwave -- were great.

The location is perfect for traveling. It's right off I-80/94, and has shopping and services nearby.

Red Roofs can vary greatly in quality -- see my other review of the one in East Peoria for evidence of that. But this one worked just fine for what it was -- budget hotel that's safe and comfortable and doesn't charge extra for dogs.

• Stayed December 2011
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I am glad that you found the room to be comfortable. I will be sharing your review with the staff. All of us here at the Red Roof Inn in Lansing strive to make our guest stay as enjoyable as possible.

We appreciate and look forward to your feedback as we strive to ensure quality and great service to all of our guest. Thank you again for taking time to post a review and we look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Lansing area.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Staying at this location made me re-research the meaning of hospitality. According to dictionary.com hospitality means "the quality or disposition of receiving and treating guests and strangers in a warm, friendly, generous way." After reading that definition I can truly say that this Red Roof Inn 300% fits that definition.

I have stayed at this location several times prior to my current stay, starting in October 2011. I would come into town once a week every month for a doctors appointment. My first time staying their I had a real bad seizure and my nephew who travels with me went the front to inform them of what happened and we needed to extend our stay. He was so amazed with the reaction of the young lady (Bina) at the front desk because of the genuine concern and worry she showed about my well being. Anyone that can amaze my nephew that much I had to see who this young lady was, when I went in the door without her knowing who I was greeted with a warm radiant smile that brighten my day. Just that incident started my new found relationship with Red Roof Inn.

During my current stay with started back in October 2011, it has been more than a hospitable stay. Words can't explain the feelings that I have in my heart about the management and staff. The General Manager Ava has on several occasions gone beyond the call of duty on a few situations had them fixed with no questions asked. Something that I don't see many general managers in hotels do listen to the guest, normally you speak to the front desk manager never the general manager. This particular general you can see on the grounds going door to door checking on guest and rooms. I was even amazed one time when I saw her in the laundry cleaning linens. Also, if you see her you can stop her and she will listen to any complaint or concern. I truly have to take my hat off to the her!!!

Earlier this year I was told by my doctors that I had 8-10 months life expectancy with the end stages of the form of leukemia that I have. One day I so down everything looked bleak I went into the front office and Bina was there and saw something was wrong. I begin to explain to her what was going on and gave me some very encouraging words that I have been running with ever since. Also, I have to say that even the housekeepers have the spirit of the general manager. Especially Diana one morning she came to the door and I guess I wasn't looking the greatest as we were talking I mention to her that I hadn't taken my medication yet that alarmed her ever since that morning if she's working my side of the building or it run into here, she would make sure to ask me did I take medication.

So much can be said about this Red Roof Inn, I can go on and on about this location the great front desk staff Bina, Mike, Brenda, Adriana, Manny and Christina. The housekeeping staff Diana, Cecillia, Mary, and Kim. Maintenance staff Lance and Paul.

This RED ROOF INN gives a new meaning to the Word Hospitality!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelingmanPHA
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I am glad that you found the staff to be courteous and friendly. All of us are here to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Chicago Area

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Red Roof in Lansing IL is a great place to stay. They are very attentive to your needs and I look forward to staying there every week. I travel to Chicago weekly and they always make me feel like I'm at home.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bert L
RedRoofLansingIL, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your lodging experience at the Red Roof Inn in Lansing Illinois. It is always an absolute pleasure to have you staying at our location and your review will be shared with staff. I am extremely delighted to know that your stay was a pleasant one and we encourage you to continue to stay at our location while traveling in the area. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other potential guest and we welcome your continued feedback at our location.

Ava Adediwura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#1 of 3 in South Holland

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing? Share your experiences!