“Ok Stay”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
Indianapolis
“Ok Stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night. We reserved the smoking King Size bed. First the lobby was beautiful. You can tell remodel has taken place since and the pictures of the lobby are not shown on the website. That was a plus for me. We got the 4th floor. As soon as you stepped off of the elevator you could tell it was the smoking hall. The smell was very very strong of cigarette smoke. Since were smokers we didn't mind it, but for non-smokers you would def have an issue. When we opened our door to our room it smelled like someone had just left the room with a lite cigarette (yes that strong) but again we were smokers so we were able to deal with it. The room seemed clean minus the cigarette smell, but I wasn't very comfortable I could say. The bed was ok, but it just didn't feel warm and inviting I guess. We only stayed for one night only because that was our plan. When we woke the next morning breakfast was from 6:30 to 9AM. I got down there about 7 or so to find the orange juice and apple juice machine was broken. The coffee tasted scrotched and the biscuit and gravy was aweful (the worst I'd ever tasted). Honestly folks, I left out of breakfast with only a bannana. They did have other things such as oatmeal, fruit, bagels, water and cereal. Overall, would I stay here again yes, in a non-smoking room on levels 1-2 and I'd travel for my breakfast the next time.

Room Tip: Stay on levels 1-2. The smoke may not be as strong from level 4. Even if your a smoker, smoke outs...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WilliamsT
traveler8881, General Manager at Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
First of all, thank you for your feedback. It's great our guests are noticing the changes we are making. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. While we still have some smoking rooms, they are only on the 4th floor. The entire floor is smoking so non smoking guests will not have to worry about being put on this floor. We regret to hear about the issues you had with our breakfast and are making changes to better serve our guests. We greatly appreciate you and are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Calene Echevarria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
CT
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Clean parking lot and lobby. Room was average Sleep Inn, and bed was new and comfortable. A/C was quiet, but room and entire hotel were humid - the AC systems seem unable to keep up - and it was only the second day of summer... Breakfast was Sleep Inn standard and the breakfast room was clean. The hotel was somewhat noisy from 8 pm until after midnight - thin walls and lots of late arrivals.

Room Tip: Suggest you get a room as high up as possible to avoid noises.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
traveler8881, General Manager at Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and for sharing your experience with other travelers. Looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 June 2013

As a Choice gold member I found this hotel to be not as good as the better Sleep Inns. Room 301 is in need of revamping esp. the exterior wall and the window was filthy. The new lobby was very nice but I don't sleep in the lobby. Breakfast was average at best. I had stayed in this motel appox. 13 years ago when it was fairly new and very nice. Needless to say the past decade has not been kind to rom 301.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences. We strive to make your next stay an overall better experience.

Anoka
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My wife and I both found our room comfortable and clean. The walls were thin and there was noise in the halls until about midnight. The area wasn't the greatest but the help seemed very nice and the breakfast was ok.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. It is always our goal to ensure that each guest has an excellent experience. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Gary, Indiana
Reviewed 14 April 2013

all around good stay clean quiet and comfortable helpful front desk quick check in friendly staff good places to eat and shop close by nice breakfast right off I-94 on a easy to find quiet side street close to Chicago for business or vacation entertainment.

Room Tip: the king rooms all have been redone and have new beds
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mike l
traveler8881, General Manager at Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our staff and service. We appreciate your business and the awesome review. I am glad you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I was impressed by the new renovation in the lobby area since I've been staying in the area for quite some time now and at this property & never saw anything done. Its Check in was quick and I was able to sleep soundly after work. Room condition was good, they have flat screen tv and a good work area for me. Good value for the money. I will be referring all my fellow co-workers of this establishment.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Timothy B
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. We have spent a lot of time and effort to update our hotel. By your review, I am glad to see we have accomplished our goal of offering our guests a modern hotel with a comfortable feel. We greatly appreciate you and are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Pickerington, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I was a little Leary about the hotel when my husband gave me the name of the hotel we were staying. When we walked in I was very surprised. It was very clean. We asked if their were complimentary breakfast and the staff said yes. When we woke the next morning we were very surprised how clean, fresh, and inviting the breakfast area was. The cost of the hotel stay was very economical. and right on with our budget. We very much would recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

Room Tip: Really didnt matter. We were satisfied
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are happy that we can offer our guests a great property within a reasonable budget. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one!

Calene Echevarria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Quality Inn & Suites Harvey
Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn

Been to Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing? Share your experiences!