“Never in your Life would I stay here”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
Karlstad, Minnesota
“Never in your Life would I stay here”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Booked this hotel with Hotel.com for my husband an hour before he arrived after 18 hours of driving. The Hotel room was confirmed minuets after I booked it while still on the phone with the assistant that set the room up for me. { I was very please at how fast they were in booking this room}
My Husband arrived a little over an hour later and went to get his room key so he could begin to relax and was told that there was no room reserved for him by Hotel.com. So he went out to get something to eat before he went to sleep, came back and was left to stand around in the Lobby of the Hotel, while the desk clerk sat behind a desk and let his phone rang and rang never answering the phone.
I called and talked to an assistant from Hotels.com and asked them to find out why Alan was not given a key for a room and they would get back to me in a few moments after they talked to the Hotel. I was on hold for so long it went back to the main recording when calling Hotels.com I then got a hold of a gentleman and he said he would call me back one he got a hold of this Hotel. Never happened since the clerk at the counter just let the phone ring and ring instead of answering it.
I was then called back and told that the reservation would be moved to a Better Hotel so he could get a good nights sleep when all of a sudden the clerk said that the room had been confirmed. Excuse Me !!!! It had been confirmed hours before ... No I will Not recommend this hotel nor Refer to this Hotel .. with this type of treatment and this amount of Disrespect .. Inexcusable

Room Tip: Comfort Inn
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Largo, Florida, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our trip was a 6 day vacation. We stayed at a variety of hotels, but this was by far our favorite. It felt like we were coming home! We are planning our next vacation now ~ a 3 week trip to California. We will be staying at as many Extended Stay Hotels as we can. Thank you for being the best line of hotels out there!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I went to this E.S.A. Lansing Chicago as per the reviews on other sites. The hotel along with the staff is excellent but the only problem is that the people who came here to stay had made the hotel so messy and hell lot of smoke smell around the lobby as well as in individual floor lobby also it's has smoking rooms too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ruturaj B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating to your needs. Still, I deeply apologize for the cleaning conditions. It is truly regrettable and we will use this experience to improve our cleaning procedures as well as inspection policies moving forward.

Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would wish to stay in the area. The rooms are always clean and presentable. The staff is friendly and understands urgency. I have never had any problems here and I always enjoy.

Room Tip: Second floor tends to be a bit quieter. No sure if it's just me being picky.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was very disappointed with the quality of this hotel. We stayed for over a week and never received new linen. Although they are supposed to change it every 5 days I believe. The beds were hard and the room had some maintenance issues. My husband told the front desk 3x about the maintenance issues and nothing was done. On the last day I received an online survey and completed it, it was only at this time that they decided to address the issues. The front desk staff was not too friendly, I wanted to extend my stay and I was told I had to wait to speak to someone else. Also, I couldn't even get a paper receipt, they had to email the receipt to me. The rooms are extremely small. We could barely fit 2 adults and an infant comfortably. After staying there I have been seeing the tv ads and this location is nothing like the ads.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank drmmj
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the hotel didn't meet your standards.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lan@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Lansing, Illinois
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Housekeeping was poor, room smelled, it was understaffed and the front desk was often unable to answer questions. At one point the woman behind the desk told the man " I don't know where the other extended stay is, I think it's 3 hrs away. maybe she can help you" pointing to me and then she disappeared. It was also very loud in the evenings with people yelling and slamming doors. I later found out the several families were living there as government housing.

There are many conveniences nearby and it was close to the job site but is the worst Extended Stay I have stayed at.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank janeway14
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the service you received at the front desk. In response to your feedback I have shared your review with my Staff and will use it as a training tool to continue to improve the service we provide to our guests. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lan@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Lansing, Illinois
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I recently stayed at this location for an overnight trip. The check in person Brandon was friendly and made the check in process quick and painless. I slept comfortably and no complaints other than the limited amount of soap, lotion and a hot breakfast in the a.m. Other than that the other staff members Michelle and Dan were pleasant :) I will book again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We continually work to improve our hotels, so I really appreciate your feed back on the comfort of our beds and the quick and frienldy check in process.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond
Ramada Hammond Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing? Share your experiences!