“Painful extended stay!”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After watching several commercials on this hotel, I decided to give it a try. I was in town from Michigan for a friend's open house. I was extremely disappointed! No housekeeping services at all! You had to bring your linens and towels down every day to be washed. You were given 2 rolls of toilet paper to start. Each day I had to request another roll. They rationed it out like it was gold. I felt like I was in a dorm again! You had to request coffee maker, dishes, etc. I had to go to the store to buy cleaning products for the bathroom. It was very noisy! There was noone at the front desk after 10 pm. You had to call a number to request assistance. I had to go and confront a guest upstairs because they were stomping so loud. There were people in front of the hotel until the wee hours of the morning, partying, smoking, gabbing, etc., it was hard to sleep! When I removed the sheets, there were nasty stains of all kinds on the mattress pad. I will never stay here again. I will pay the extra $25.00 per night and stay at a Holiday Inn

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BitsnBytesmom

Reviewed 28 July 2014

A new hotel that met our basic need for rest. However, not to many amenities. No fitness center and the breakfast was a grab and go affair. Room had plenty of space and was clean. Dishes were not in the room but not a problem if one needed them.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs. The staff and I are proud to have provided you with a spacious, clean room. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I are from Chicago.But we live in Arizona.We come back for the Holiday.We had a very nice stay.The room is clean,the king sized bed is way comfortable and the best I hop in South Chicago is fifty feet away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was great. I am glad to read that your room was clean and to your liking, and that your bed was comfortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We got this hotel by chance through Hotwire- we got what we paid for. Nothing is excellent here by any means but it's not terrible. Bed isn't comfortable, lots of hallway noise as well. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your bed was not comfortable and that your stay was average overall. Your feedback on these issues will be useful to my staff and I as we continually work to improve our hotel. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lan@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I made a reservation online, on the way from Minneapolis- to Lansing, Hotel manager called saying they had a new reservation system and "corporate" overbooked the room, The manager here helped resolve the situation and made everything right. She even gave me a discount on the room we were switched too. VERY!!!! Clean room. Friendly customer service. When we make the trip to chicago again Will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We arrived late and were greeted by a friendly young lady. The elevator was not working so we received a first floor room. The room is what you normally receive that these hotels. I would recommend a room away from the elevator.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was the worse experience of my life! The room had an odor, the bed and linen had an odor. The room was cold, the staff was rude, kids running in the hall, the maintenance guy was ok. The towels were hard and rough. The tv only has 5-6 channels. Horrible

Room Tip: Find another hotel. Comfort suites is across the street