“Needs a freshen up”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
Bartlett, Illinois
“Needs a freshen up”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed here because it was near to where we had an event. Pool was to close at 10pm but was still in operation after that. Big sign says children must be accompanied by and adult. Ha ha!!
The entry floor is dirty and has been during our stay. The breakfast is not up to standards in other comfort suites we have stayed.

• Stayed July 2013
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
I appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experiences. I will be personally going over our rules with my staff regarding the pool guidelines. Thank you for your review and I hope you will try us out again.

Calene Echevarria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed overnight when in the area for a concert. Front desk was very nice and helpful. Facility was clean and served its purpose. Small pool on the grounds. Recommend if you are in the area and need a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments. We greatly appreciate you and are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Petersburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

I tend to be a hotel snob! I don't need to stay in a 5 star resort but I expect the hotel to be above average in all areas. We requested 3rd floor to avoid noise. I am pretty sure it was previously a smoking floor. It smelled stale and was hot and muggy when we got off the elevator. The room was the same. Could not regulate the temp and blower would not stay on all the time. Bathroom was extremely small and so poorly lit that you could hardly see in there. Beds were just ok and the room was newly painted but was just old looking. This hotel is in a bit of a sketchy area. Didn't really feel safe outside the hotel. I would not stay here ever again. Also the complimentary breakfast was awful ! Nothing was hot except the coffee!

• Stayed June 2013
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
I regret and apologize for the misfortune you experienced while staying at our hotel. I want to assure you that this is not the normal quality we offer the many guests who not only stay with us but have also written many positive reviews to TripAdvisor. Let me assure you we take your concerns seriously, and will address them immediately. Feedback, positive or otherwise is our best barometer of the experience we are providing for our guests. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide a great stay for you in the future.

Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I had to work in East Chicago and was trying to find a hotel with a price that my manager wouldn't complain about. This was the one. I was a little scared by some of the other reviews but was pleasantly surprised. Room was normal size and included a microwave and fridge (even though I don't think they were listed in the room description). Check in went quick. Location is great, quick access to tri-state expressway and just off main strip for restaurants, food etc. My only two complaints was that breakfast started to late for me and they did not have coffee available in the lobby. I'll be working in East Chicago again in the fall and this is where I will be staying again.

Room Tip: Noise was not a factor for me but the NE corner is farthest from the highways
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our hotel. I appreciate your business and the great review. I will be reviewing with the management team our breakfast hours to see if changes need to be made to better serve our guests. Also, we do have 24 hour coffee service, but it is in our breakfast area next to the lobby. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Drove off the highway during inclement weather, happen to spot this hotel nestled behind a few buildings. Front desk check in was very pleasant (one of my biggest pet peaves is a bad check in) and breakfast in the morning was more than I expected. Overall a warm and inviting place. Would definitely reccomend

Room Tip: Get the king suite its nice and cozy with a desk area!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank johnsondwayne31
We are delighted to hear that our staff treated you well during your visit. Thank you for the recommendation to other travelers. We appreciate your business and the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Ok never been here before didn't check reviews. Looking for something close. Extremely impressed with room and surrounding very comfy. I did receive excellent customer service. I had a great night. Overall would recommend to all. I will be back!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Unzuet
Thank you for the wonderful review. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal. We have worked really hard over the course of the year to offer guests newly painted rooms, updated bedding, and flat screen televisions in all rooms. You must come back and see our newly add Marketplace. Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

This is an average hotel, that's what you get.
Check-in was swift. Not much around the hotel other than an LA Fitness, which is a below average establishment, when comparing to LA Fitness's all over the country.
If you need to be in Lansing, then I'd suggest this hotel. If you are flexible, try looking for another hotel in one of the neighboring towns.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
traveler8881, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Calene Echevarria-GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond

Been to Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing? Share your experiences!