“People dont know what they are talking about”

Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 5 September 2008

I am a regular at this hotel and I stay for business all the time, I would like to point out the reviews on this hotel was false in every way. I stayed here the night of the tornado, sure it was uncomfortable but they did what they could under the circumstances, the power went out on the whole intersection including walmart so it wasnt the genrators that went out the whole neighborhood went out, and I would also like to point out that everyone in the hotel recieved a discount for that night. And for the housekeeping they are excellent they get the job done I can promise you no ones room got cleaned after 6:00pm since housekeeping goes home around 3:00pm because they have to be finished before check in which is 3:00pm. So coming from a person who stays here very offten I promise you will love this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank baynesj18
traveler8881, Owner at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2010

Thank you for your opinion on how we handled the situation. We appreciate your support, and we have also learned how to take better care of our guests. Now in the future, we will be able to deal with guest complaints more efficiently and work to come to a compromise. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 August 2008

The only reason we chose this Hotel was because they had a POOL. I called to make sure! when we arrived there was a sign on the pool door that said IT WAS CLOSED for "MAINTENANCE"! The lady failed to tell me that on the phone of course! I saw the manager and asked about the pool. He said it would be open in the next hour. We went for dinner and came back 3 hours later and it was still closed! They told us They couldn't find the key! They finally opened it at 9pm, right when a big storm was starting with tornado warnings so they told us not to get in! then the power went out (no back up generator of course!) and was out all night and up until we left at 11 am the next day! We paid 130.00 For 2 rooms, had no air, no tv ,no lights, nothing! Not very comfortable! Of couse we understand the weather was not their fauld but they could have at least gone to the open donut shop down the street and got coffee and donuts for their guests who were supposed to get a CONTINENTAL breakfast Under the circumstances, they could have tried to make their guests a little more comfortable. And the fact that we paid so much so we could have a pool- should have been compensated for! as for the cleanliness, it was not! it looked like they never vacuumed the corners and edges and their was dried up urine around the toilets, not a first class hotel! Definately not worth 130.00 a night. This is the worst hotel experience we have ever had!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank ginacourtney180

I'm sorry to hear about your incident at my hotel. The pool was indeed open when you called, but my maintainence man reported to me later that day that there was a chemical imbalance in the pool. Hearing this I would never risk anyone going in so I had it closed. We did in fact tell you it would be open the following hour and I know when you came back the pool was still closed. It's because the water was still not safe to swim in, I kept it closed for the safety of my guests. The dillema of weather I have no control over, and not a single hotel in the area has generators, im sorry . I'm sorry if we didn't attend to you like we should have, I was not there, and there is only one employee on shift after 3pm so he can't just leave the hotel front desk unmanned to go buy something for the guests. Had I been there I assure you things would have been different. If you plan on staying with us in the future we can definetly talk about making your stay more pleasant in the way you see fit. I hope to see you in the future, and hope we can work things out together. Thank you

Reviewed 17 October 2007

I just want to say this hotel had a very nice management and cleaning staff. The check in process was quick and through. I got the right room I booked and it was perfectley clean, which sometimes dosent happen with other hotels ive stayed at. I had a nice sleep and in the morning i went down to have some breakfast, which i have to say has a very nice variety of diffrent foods, my favorite being the sausage and eggs. I didnt go into their pool but i bet it would have been nice. Either way i had a nice time here and i will be coming back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank Zchbrff
Reviewed 3 August 2007

Well It was the end of July that i stayed with my family at the Comfort Suites in Lansing,Ill july 30. When i First saw the building i was not That suprised, but ill tell you this, when i walked in , it looked like a real swell place. Very nice lobby with the plasma tv... Gotta have that! checking in was really no problem the front desk was really polite to me , lets get to the point , i reserved a Presidential Suite for my family, and boy was it nice. but the Pool And exercise room was better. But the real reason for writing this is because i never expected a breakfast from a hotel like this. it wasent the biggest hotel iv seen but it was a very nice one. the breakfast was unforgetable. i might sound like a pig but i eat a little bit of everything, hears what i ate- Sausage, Egg, Bacon, Ham , Half a waffle and some Bananaa nut muffins and a good cup of black coffe. they also had ceareal, fruits, bread,bagels,hardboiled eggs and lot more. ill tell you one thing, thats one hotel breakfast i will definetly not forget. For sure im coming back to the Comfort Suites Lansing, Ill no doubt about that

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Hoteltraveler13
Reviewed 16 July 2006

We've stayed in this hotel before, but didn't like it much then, buttt..........
This time was different and we loved everything about it and were very pleased with all the changes. New management doing outstanding job on deep cleaning rooms and everybody was so friendly. Already booked this hotel for the next year family re-union. I also want to point out very friendly and Customer Service oriented Sales/front desk/ housekeeping manager - She is going out of her way to insure customer satisfaction in all departments.

• Stayed: July 2006
6  Thank Travelworldwu
traveler8881, Owner at Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2010

Thank you for appreciating my hotel and more importantly my staff. We are in business soley because of people like you. I really hope to see you and your family in the future and try and serve you even better than last time. Thank you for your business!

A TripAdvisor Member
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 1 December 2005

The cleaning staff is terrible. Sheets were not tucked in, just thrown on the bed. On the 2nd day of our 3 day stay, our room was not cleaned until after 6 pm & even then the surfaces of the night stand & dresser was not wiped clean. Empty plastic cups were not removed. No extra blanket or pillow and no staff to bring them up if you needed them. They even failed to leave washcloths in the bathroom & when I discovered this at 6am, I was told that I needed to come to the desk to get them. They left 1 flimsy, not even bath sized towel per person. The cleaning staff did not even leave a full box of tissues in the bathroom, on 2 days straight they tucked 1 kleenex into an empty box. The window was broken & the shower curtain was moldy. None of them spoke English. The only good thing about this hotel was the Jacuzzi bath. Thanks, but no thanks. $100 per night. I don't think so.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lansing
Red Roof Inn Chicago Lansing
Sleep Inn Hotel - Lansing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing
Quality Inn & Suites Harvey
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#1 of 4 in South Holland

Been to Comfort Suites Hotel - Lansing? Share your experiences!