“Hotel great, breakfast not.”

Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Everything about this hotel is great as is expected of a Hampton, except the breakfast. Hot food items were terrible which is not typical of them - scrambled "eggs" were bad powdered eggs, the sausage and potatoes were obviously poorly reheated pre-made very bland and dry. The food was not replenished the entire time we sat there and we were the about the last ones to get any. This was at 7:00 AM, not when they were about to shut down. I have stayed at other Hamptons and the food was pretty good. If you stay at this one you should plan on a trip to McD's or a Bob Evans for breakfast unless they improve on it. Other than that the hotel is very nice, quiet, comfortable and the staff is pleasant. If I am back in this area I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kyra T, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Hotel Guest,

We are so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our complimentary breakfast. I have informed our Breakfast Host of the concerns that you had left about our breakfast service. We usually get such great compliments about our breakfast so it was a surprise to see how unhappy you were with the service and food. I hope that next time you are in the area you will try our property again so that we can try to exceed your expectations. Feel free to contact me directly at 847-680-8828 ext 5102 before your next stay and I will personally make your reservation and follow up with you to make sure your stay is better than the previous one.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Attended a volleyball tourney at the Lake County Expo Center and found this hotel to be about a mile down the road. Almost brand new hotel. A little tough to get to if you turn on Highway 43? or 45? Heading east, turn right past Wendy's and you are in the parking lot.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Clean, well kept property. The breakfast service was particularly good. The attendant on duty was constantly cleaning and refilling, but managed to never get between any guest and the food. The staff in general was friendly and helpful. I spend a lot of time in hotels, and this one is one of the most well managed I've seen.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

A very nice and new hotel. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable. Breakfast was good and the selection changed daily. The breakfast area was a nice and comfortable gathering place for me and my coworkers. Staff was nice and friendly. The hotel was full but still nice and quiet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed here recently on a business trip. This location is a typical Hampton - I'm not sure of the age, but it seems to be one of the newer properties based on the room style I received. It was one of the 'mini suites' that has the divider wall/desk between the bed and sitting area.

Service was excellent for the limited interaction I had. I arrived later and night and left in the morning early.

Breakfast was typical of Hamptons, with a selection of hot and cold items. The breakfast area was nice and clean - well kept.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

If you are traveling to see your loved one or family member graduate from bootcamp, this is the perfect hotel to stay at. You’re only 15 minutes away from the graduation location and minutes from numerous places to eat. From the moment I booked my reservation until I checked out the customer service was outstanding. The front desk staff was always very friendly and accommodating. Every time you walked by the front desk you were greeted with a smile and a friendly hello. The rooms and the facility were very clean and well maintained. I highly recommend this property and I will be returning to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Libertyville. A HUGE thank you for making the little time I had with my boyfriend memorable!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Great hotel for the family. Pool area was great. Very clean. Breakfast was great food and great service. Close to lots of attractions. Rooms were very clean and staff was very helpful with our needs. Kids were happy so that makes parents happy!! We will be back to Hampton Inn Libertyville.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Comfort Suites Grayslake
Comfort Suites Grayslake
#1 of 1 in Grayslake
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville? Share your experiences!