“Can't Trust Your Reservation - I was Forced to Leave for THEIR Error.”

Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Libertyville, IL, United States
“Can't Trust Your Reservation - I was Forced to Leave for THEIR Error.”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Some two weeks prior to my arrival, I made a reservation for a Suite for 3 nights (Arriving Monday, checking out Thursday). Shortly after my checkin, I discovered that my room was not the suite as I reserved and had been charged for (this was my first stay at a Hampton). I called the front desk and was told that they had no Suites available and that they would just lower my rate. As if this would solve the problem of not having a refrigerator to keep the food that I brought that needed to be refrigerated (I'm on a special diet). What's the point of a reservation if you're not going to honor it? But it gets much worse... Then the next morning, I received an express checkout sheet under my door. I called the front desk and was told that my reservation was for only one day and that they had no rooms at all for the remainder of what my stay was supposed to be, so I had to leave. The person at the front desk didn't even act like she cared that she was kicking me out. She claimed that when whatever system I made the reservation in transferred it to the their hotel, it didn't properly transfer the number of days. That's quite funny given that to avoid any of these kind of problems, I CALLED THE FRONT DESK to make the initial reservation. And I'm 100% sure that I verbally confirmed with them that it was a suite for 3 nights. So there you have it. My first stay was ruined by either by three different front desk staff: 1) The person taking the reservation, 2) the person checking me in not verifying all of this and 3) the person who kicked me out the next morning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,
I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of this error. I can't imagine how frustrating that may have been for you. We do see you have future reservations and we look forward to proving to you we can not only meet but exceed your expectations. We did some research on your reservation and it indeed was only made for one evening. Not sure what went wrong if it was miscommunication or a system error. Again I apologize and assure your next stay here with us will be an improvement. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Boise, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This Hampton Inn is fine for a short stay. Rooms are clean and spacious. Fitness room good, too. Steer clear of the breakfast if you have the option to go out. And no alcohol available here. Most of the staff was very good. You need a car if you stay here, though. No restaurants (except a Wendy's) are within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am also pleased to announce we now offering new breakfast items, from Danishes to our hot breakfast. I do believe you would be pleased with the new and improved quality. We are not close to restaurants for walking but we do work with a taxi company that we can have at our door any time of day. We have lots of food options within just a couple of miles. If you are in the area again please give us a call and I would like to personally make a reservation for you and have the chance to win your satisfaction back with our Hot Breakfast.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Our first experience with a Hampton Inn was a pleasant surprise. We were part of a wedding party that had booked a large block of rooms. Every aspect of our stay was positive. The hotel was in excellent working condition and the staff was extremely helpful. We greatly appreciated the assistance the desk staff provided linking us to the reliable and reasonably priced American Taxi service for trips to and from O'Hare.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear guest,

Good Morning! Thank you for your wonderful comments. Our staff here tries their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible, especially when attending such an important event. We want your hotel accommodations to be the last of your worries. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again.
Wausau, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our family highly recommends this hotel for two reasons. First and most importantly, the staff of the hotel is fantastic. Second, it is far enough from the base area that you get a good mix of fellow guests. This hotel is relatively new but the way it is kept up, you would think it was just built. Great customer service experience, the best our family has ever had!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you greatly for your response. It was wonderful reading such fantastic feedback about our hotel and staff. We all strive to make our guest's stay extra comforting, especially when in your case haven't seen your loved ones for a few months. Congratulations on the graduation and we wish the best ! If you are in the area again please give us a call and I will be happy to personally make your reservation for you. Have a wonderful rest of 2013!!
Bolingbrook, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was attending the wedding of my great niece and this was the closest hotel to the reception. The room and the staff were excellent, and the morning after the wedding I enjoyed the breakfast that was served. All in all I enjoyed my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your response. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and most importantly had a great time with family on such a special day. We do our best as a staff to make occasions like this as wonderful as possible. Have a wonderful day and happy holidays.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 October 2013

It was a great hotel, super comfortable in every way. The bed was awesome! Very clean! There are a few nearby places to eat. Not a busy area, very calm and noise free. Everything was tidy, clean, and clutter free. I slept like a baby. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your response. Our housekeeping staff works extra hard to keep our hotel clean and presentable for all of our guests. Again, thank you for making us your choice hotel and we hope to see you in Libertyville again soon! Have a wonderful day.
Denver, United States
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband ran the Prairie State Marathon at Independence Grove near Libertyville, and we wanted a place to stay nearby. This was an excellent Hampton Inn -- very clean, good breakfast with healthy choices and only minutes away from the race start.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your husband running the race! I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you are in the area again please give us a call and I will be pleased to personally make your reservation for you. Have a great day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Comfort Suites Grayslake
Comfort Suites Grayslake
#1 of 1 in Grayslake
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville? Share your experiences!