“Most Convenient Hampton”

Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Reviewed 9 December 2013

For years now we have been driving down to visit family in IL and tried out a few Hamptons and Hiltons in the area, since we signed up for points a while back. In the past we passed this Hampton on our way to the others, even though it is a bit closer to our destination, because it showed on the website as more expensive. This Thanksgiving we gave it a shot and found that it is considerably nicer than others in the area; bigger room, great breakfast, quiet area. When we booked a followup stay for Dec the manager was able to give us a rate better than the other locations as well. Great find!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for the wonderful words on our hotel! Were very happy you gave our property a shot and we met your satisfaction. Our staff works great with guest's and we are thrilled we could accomodate you for a future stay. Safe travels back and if you need anything during your stay please do not hesitate to contact the front desk. Have a wonderful day and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The entire staff was dedicated to making our stay pleasant and enjoyable. From arrival to departure, we were impressed with the attentiveness to detail. The coffee was always hot and ready, and the breakfast items were fresh and hearty.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Good Morning!
I want to thank you for taking your time and writing these wonderful words about our staff and property. We are pleased to help make your trip as easy going as possible. Have a wonderful holiday and we hope to see you again in the future! Again, thank you for making the Hampton Inn and Suites your choice hotel.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Staff was very friendly and very helpful. The hotel was very clean and up to date . Only issue was the distance from eating establishments. There was a Wendy's within walking distance, but other places required transportation.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Good Morning,
Thank you for your wonderful response. Our staff works extremely hard to satisfy all of your needs and expectations. If you do not have transportation while here the front desk can order a cab for you at any given time. We have an entire list of great local restaurants all price ranges and lots of different food choices. We hope to see you again soon. Have a great rest of 2013 and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We live in Libertyville, however, we wanted to stay with the rest of the wedding guests. Hampton provided OUTSTANDING, complementary shuttle service to and from the reception. The hotel was clean, and breakfast was included. Worth the $$ we spent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your response. It's great that you wanted to stay with family and friends for the wedding even though you live in Libertyville. It makes us as a staff feel that much better about the satisfaction of your stay considering you were so close to home. If you have family in the area again please let us know and I will be more than happy to help you with future reservations. Have a great day and happy holidays.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Some two weeks prior to my arrival, I made a reservation for a Suite for 3 nights (Arriving Monday, checking out Thursday). Shortly after my checkin, I discovered that my room was not the suite as I reserved and had been charged for (this was my first stay at a Hampton). I called the front desk and was told that they had no Suites available and that they would just lower my rate. As if this would solve the problem of not having a refrigerator to keep the food that I brought that needed to be refrigerated (I'm on a special diet). What's the point of a reservation if you're not going to honor it? But it gets much worse... Then the next morning, I received an express checkout sheet under my door. I called the front desk and was told that my reservation was for only one day and that they had no rooms at all for the remainder of what my stay was supposed to be, so I had to leave. The person at the front desk didn't even act like she cared that she was kicking me out. She claimed that when whatever system I made the reservation in transferred it to the their hotel, it didn't properly transfer the number of days. That's quite funny given that to avoid any of these kind of problems, I CALLED THE FRONT DESK to make the initial reservation. And I'm 100% sure that I verbally confirmed with them that it was a suite for 3 nights. So there you have it. My first stay was ruined by either by three different front desk staff: 1) The person taking the reservation, 2) the person checking me in not verifying all of this and 3) the person who kicked me out the next morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,
I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of this error. I can't imagine how frustrating that may have been for you. We do see you have future reservations and we look forward to proving to you we can not only meet but exceed your expectations. We did some research on your reservation and it indeed was only made for one evening. Not sure what went wrong if it was miscommunication or a system error. Again I apologize and assure your next stay here with us will be an improvement. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This Hampton Inn is fine for a short stay. Rooms are clean and spacious. Fitness room good, too. Steer clear of the breakfast if you have the option to go out. And no alcohol available here. Most of the staff was very good. You need a car if you stay here, though. No restaurants (except a Wendy's) are within walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am also pleased to announce we now offering new breakfast items, from Danishes to our hot breakfast. I do believe you would be pleased with the new and improved quality. We are not close to restaurants for walking but we do work with a taxi company that we can have at our door any time of day. We have lots of food options within just a couple of miles. If you are in the area again please give us a call and I would like to personally make a reservation for you and have the chance to win your satisfaction back with our Hot Breakfast.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Our first experience with a Hampton Inn was a pleasant surprise. We were part of a wedding party that had booked a large block of rooms. Every aspect of our stay was positive. The hotel was in excellent working condition and the staff was extremely helpful. We greatly appreciated the assistance the desk staff provided linking us to the reliable and reasonably priced American Taxi service for trips to and from O'Hare.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Britny P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear guest,

Good Morning! Thank you for your wonderful comments. Our staff here tries their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible, especially when attending such an important event. We want your hotel accommodations to be the last of your worries. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Comfort Suites Grayslake
Comfort Suites Grayslake
#1 of 1 in Grayslake
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville? Share your experiences!