“Awesome sweet spot.”

Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Libertyville
Marengo, Illinois
“Awesome sweet spot.”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Four of us stopped here for some take-home dessert after eating at Mickey Finns across the street. There are so many wonderful items that it was really difficult to make a decision. We ended up purchasing a Kings Cake and was little disappointed that the little plastic baby was set loosely in the box and not inside the cake. I understand the reason for this is due to the choking hazard, but customers should have a choice...baby in the cake or no baby in the cake. Part of the fun of a Kings cake is to see who gets the piece with the baby inside.

Overall this is a great place to get your sweet fix. We'll be back.

• Visited February 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“delicious”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We bought some items here as a thank you gift for friends and some goodies for us. The gifts were well received and our choices made us very happy! Individually the items aren't too pricey ($2 to $3 maybe) but the cookies are around $16/lb. I much prefer this bakery to Deerfield's or the one inside Mariano's.

• Visited January 2014
Libertyville, IL
“Only Bakery in Town”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

With no competition, it's easy to say that Lovin' Oven is the "best bakery in town". It's not that I don't like it - I'm just not "lovin" it.

I find their cakes extremely sugary - especially the icing. Yes - cakes are supposed to be sweet - but these are over the top sweet. And, everything kind of tastes the same.

I was excited when I learned that they have Paczki at Easter. I think the owner may have some Polish ancestry..... but these really aren't traditional Paczki. More like a powdered donut filled with cream or jelly. Nothing like what you can get if you venture down to Chicago.

The only thing I would purchase here would be a danish or maybe a donut. However, I prefer Lee's Donuts over on 137. (I will go out of my way to go to Lee's - whereas I won't do that here)

On the upside, it's a clean establishment with good coffee.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Janice P
Gurnee, Illinois
“DELICIOUS!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I went to Lovin' Oven Cakery in hopes of finding a specific type of cake. We were blown away by the selection! They had about 20 different types of individual cakes of all different unique flavors. We each took a piece home and they were amazing! My husband chose the Sweet and Salty Cake and I had the Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake. We could not believe how flavorful and fresh both were. In addition to the cake selection, they have huge selection of cookies, pastries, danishes, and tarts. I'm glad we don't live closer.....I'd go there every day and gain so much weight! Lovin' Oven Cakery is a definitely a place we will go to again...and probably even take a trip or two specifically to go there.

• Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“This is what a bakery should be!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My youngest was feeling a bit down when her sister went off to college. A trip here perked her up immediately! The woman waiting on us was so patient as my daughter debated what to get. She picked the chocolate mousse boat and the apple fritter. It came to around $4 and change. The mousse was huge and she ate it from it all day long. She loved the apple fritter and the apple pieces in it.

When anyone tells me they need to get some bakery items I tell them to go to this bake shop.

• Visited August 2013