“Wonderful 1st visit @ Candlewood Suites”

Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This was my first visit to a Candlewood Suites. I expected good, but I got GREAT!! Everyone from management to the front desk clerk and even housekeeping staff was exceptionally friendly and made me feel very welcome. The room was nicely decorated and extremely clean. Free Wi-Fi and coffee was a bonus. The coffee was good and I am extremely picky about my coffee. I am actually looking forward to my next visit and would like to bring my family as well. I would highly recommend a Candlewood Suites to my family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 October 2010

Wonderful staff, great prices, fantastic room. The room has everything you need, including food storage containers and spatula. They have a beautiful pond where lots of geese like to hang out. The staff goes above and beyond imagination to make you comfortable. I feel like family. In fact Ellen, the director, took my number and is keeping an eye on my daughter who is staying here until Jan. 2012. Where can you get service like that?

They have a very nice free laundry facility, gym and even stock frozen dinners, drinks and snacks you can purchase. I will be booking at Candlewood Suites from now on.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank TheParrotLady
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Great staff, clean hotel and room. The one bedroom suite was well thought out for layout. They have washer and dryers for guests to use for free. They have an exercise room. They have a little 24/7 store for you to purchase things you need, and they have free coffee.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I stayed with my wife and toddler, on a stopover through the Chicago area. Room was big, clean, and kitchen area was a big help to us. Appreciated the conveniences of having a suite, and would stay at this location again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

The location was nice just north of chicago, bed was comfortable. One room had no issues at all.

But other had stained bed cover and hair on bed as well as Bathroom . Not sure whether they were changed at all/

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2010

When I first saw the price, I was really concerned. Once we arrived, I was really happy with the hotel. If you are looking for a good value in a place to stay, save your $$ and give it a try. Small kitched was nice since we stayed all week and it is close to the the Great Lakes Navy Base (10 - 15 minutes). We didn't find too many places to eat in the immediate area, so be prepared to travel 5 - 10 minutes to find a good resturant. But for the price, it was a great deal. Our only issue with the place was the night front desk staff, he really liked to stay hid back in the back office with the sign saying "Out, be back in a moment".

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2010

This is my fourth stay at Candlewood Suites in Libertyville, Illinois. This time I reserved a queen sized one bedroom suite and am impressed at the difference with the regular rooms. I can't hear the train or much noise at all from neighbors. In a regular room, you'll either hear the train (rooms facing the west) or have an unexciting view of a factory from rooms facing east. The suites face either north or south. For the outstanding price (AARP prices), I am willing to say that Candlewood Suites offers the best price in the area. Service is only offered on a weekly basis but laundry is free, high speed internet access is free and parking is free. A winner for me!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Comfort Suites Grayslake
Comfort Suites Grayslake
#1 of 1 in Grayslake
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville? Share your experiences!