“Best of the Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Libertyville
Clayton, Ohio
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

WOW, I have been traveling for over 20 years and I usually stay at a long term hotel. I must admit that the Libertyville, Candlewood Suites is the Finest Hotel that I have stayed at in all my years of travel. The staff is very friendly and professional. The building is exceptionally clean and well taken care of. I give it 5 Stars across the board. If your in the Libertyville area be sure to find this place, You will not regret your stay here. Thanks Ellen, I will be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pine River, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

Stayed at Candlewood Suits from March to November and has been nothing but a great experience. The staff was very professional and friendly from the front desk to the cleaning staff. Most of the travelers at this hotel are business people, so the hotel is pretty quiet for the most part. I stayed in a one bedroom suit facing Hyw 45 and there are trains which travel back and forth on the opposite side, which I didn’t even notice and I am a light sleeper. The grounds are kept clean and the hotel provides two gas grills for cook outs. If you have to do laundry there are plenty of washer / dryers available and well maintained.

Plenty of places to eat and socialize with Libertyville and Mundelein close by. People are friendly and made soon good friends along the way. I recommend staying here and I will again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

Stayed at this location for 6 weeks across Oct and Nov. As usual facility was very clean, staff was outstanding, free laundry always welcome. Lots of hot water although the low flow shower head sucked. Bed was comfortable and all amenities were ample. Candlewood thinks of everything but I wish they had ovens. 5 stars all the way around. Don't forget to tip your housekeeper but make sure you leave it in an envelope at the front desk with her name on it to make sure she gets it personally. And please folks, don't come in after 10 pm and slam all the doors. It doesn't take that much to hold the door handle till it closes.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

I have been staying longterm at the Candlewood Suites Libertyville for the past nine months and I have always been treated like family. The front desk and cleaning staff havealways been friendly and professional. In addition, the management staff has been extremely accommodating. The entire building was renovated inside and out this year and it's easy to tell this facility is keep in tip top shape. I stayed in a 1 bedroom unit and having a full kitchen with full refrigerator, microwave as well as a cook top is great. When you are on longterm assignments you get pretty tired or eating out all the time and being able to cook for myself is wonderful. Thanks to all the staff at Candlewood, Libertyville for making my extended stay a wonderful exience.

Room Tip: I always prefer a second or third floor room close to an exit (but not to close)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Cape Cora
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

We were very pleased with our stay here.We came up for our sons graduation from Navy Boot Camp.We chose this place from previous reviews.Bed was very comfy,room was clean,it was very quiet,hey and even the shower was great(lots of water pressure)Not use to that in a hotel.All in all I would recommend this place to anyone needing a place to stay in the area.Very close to Great Lakes Navy Boot Camp.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IamLost413
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

I am the assets mgr for a medium size employer. My responsibilities include arranging living arrangements for my company's long term assignment/projects. The rates offered to our company were both competitive and fair. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the employees have been very satisfied with the amenities offered at this Candlewood location.The surrounding area has a variety of fine restaurants and shopping outlets. I worked directly with the local sales manager for Candlewood and she met or exceeded all my expectations in arranging housing on a long term basis for our employees. Both the local manager and front office staff were friendly and helpful as well. I would highly recommend the Libertyville Candlewood Suites for either business travel or a personal stay in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

I stayed at this Candlewood Suites for two months while my family and I relocated to the area. The hotel is located on the outskirts of Libertyville in a quiet area, with limited shopping/dining in the immediate vicinity. Downtown Libertyville, with its numerous dining/shopping options is a short 7-minute drive away. Mundelein, with additional dining and shopping, is only about 5 minutes away.

I found the room (a studio suite) to be quite comfortable. The kitchenette was well-stocked and very convenient. It had a microwave, cook top, toaster, dishwashing machine, and a full-sized fridge + freezer. The room was nicely appointed with a flat screen TV, desk area, and recliner. The bed was comfortable, and the staff was more than happy to provide extra pillows and blankets upon request. The bathroom had a fine, powerful shower.

The free WiFi was great, as was the free laundry. I occasionally used the gym (though not routinely enough!), and found equipment to be top-notch. Since I was staying an extended period of time, my room was cleaned weekly. The front desk staff made it clear that if I needed fresh towels or linens in-between cleanings, they would happily oblige. Speaking of the staff, when my wife and two kids were joining me for the final week prior to our move, I asked if I could upgrade my studio to a 1 BR suite and my request was graciously accommodated at a discounted rate.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to travelers looking for a clean, comfortable room full of functional -not frilly- amenities, regardless of trip duration.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Libertyville
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Comfort Suites Grayslake
Comfort Suites Grayslake
#1 of 1 in Grayslake
Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Baymont Inn & Suites Gurnee

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville? Share your experiences!