“Good location for north Chicago suburbs”

SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Near Deerfield and Lincolnshire this hotel is on a quiet street near beautiful north Chicago estates. There is a Marriott resort across the street. My room was very quiet. There are 6 floors. Expect bright green colors common at Spring Hill Suites. The guestroom itself is a very plain white with an odd room shape and bland furniture. As noted in other reviews there is no dresser. The configuration makes it difficult to get to the closet and difficult to see the TV from anywhere in the room. The sofa is uncomfortable. The desk has a nice chair, good lighting, and ample plugs. Wireless Internet worked well. There is not much space on the vanity. The room does include a small refrigerator and microwave. Complimentary breakfast includes the usual scrambled eggs, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, coffee. Nothing extraordinary. The hotel was very clean during my visit and front desk staff friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Hello LoveCarmel42,

On behalf of the entire team at the SpringHill Suites Lincolnshire I would like to extend a sincere “Thank You” for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay. We are consistently working to improve our hotel and make the necessary upgrades needed for our guests and the reviews we receive assist us in ensuring we are targeting the correct items for future projects.
Please know that we always have additional dressers and storage available upon request as we realize there are sometimes instances when this is needed for our guests. We are also excited to let you know that the SpringHill Suites brand is upgrading our complimentary breakfast this summer to introduce a variety of new options which include healthier choices for our guests.
Thank you again for choosing our hotel as your home away from home during your visit to Lincolnshire. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Solid business hotel with nice suites that have microwaves and refrigerators for longer visits.

Rooms are always clean and it appears they spend some effort on making sure the hotel gets updates fairly regularly (I've stayed several times over the last 4 years due to business in the area). Downside is that the decorations result in minimal dresser space--I ended up using the closet shelf, one of the night stands (the other was against the HVAC), and the small drawer under the TV. I would believe their primary visitors are short term stayers--unfortunately, all of my stays have been approximately 1 week to 2 weeks in duration.

Breakfast is about what I expect for a business hotel, so nothing incredible.

Location is good at about 20 to 40 minutes drive from O'Hare and quick access to the expressway and area trains for travel into Chicago (a huge bonus for vacationing in Chicago, or touring the city on foot on the weekend if your business trip runs over the weekend).

Room Tip: All the rooms are fairly quiet, and I've never had a problem with the room being too cold or two...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Hello Tom T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I truly appreciate the feedback and compliments regarding our cleanliness and hotel upgrades. We are continuing with some great projects this summer which include a new parking lot, new exercise equipment, and a new breakfast program.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Marriott and our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Lincolnshire

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Meh... that really describes this hotel. Nothing special. The staff was great and helpful but the rooms were very plain and boring. My room didn't have a dresser to put my clotes in. I was staying a week on business and basically had to put all my clothes on a tiny shelf in the closet. My room was freezing cold at night if I turned the fan on to circulate some air. The roadway had potholes in it that they were fixing. they gave me a handicapped room and I am not sure why. I did not request one. Check your options before booking. Like I stated nothing special there are plenty of hotels in the area. Its fine if you have to stay here but if you don't you may want to consider somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Hello Macman217,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. It is due to these reviews that we are able to go back to our team and ensure we are making any necessary changes for a more positive guest experience. I truly appreciate the compliment concerning our staff and will be sure to share that with our entire team.

We are undergoing some great changes to the hotel in an effort to make our hotel even better for our guests. The parking lot was a much needed project and will be free of potholes by May 11th. We also have been in the process of replacing heating and air conditioning units in almost all of our suites.

Please know that although all of our rooms are not equipped with dressers due to different ADA requirements we do have dressers available and would be more than happy to provide them to any of our guests. By law we have to provide a specific number of accessible rooms and sometimes when not needed, our guests do end up occupying these suites. If there is ever a chance of a return visit please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure that your room is one that has all the amenities you need to ensure a pleasant stay.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to a lacrosse tournament my son was to play in the next day. The building looks to be a newer property upon approach. The front desk person was very pleasant and helpful. The room we were assigned was handicap accessible although we had no need for accommodations.

Beds were comfortable, but too short for me. The HVAC was on heat even after I dialed the thermostat way down and actually turned it off at one point. The bathroom was very large since it was an accessible room, but it appeared there were updates done in the recent past that were not quite completed in terms of visible and unpatched holes in the plaster in several locations in the bathroom.

The WiFi worked well. The breakfast was average with the scrambled eggs ovecooked. Thank goodess they had some fruit and yogurt or my light breakfast would have been taken elsewhere.

Overall, it was an average place at a decent price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Hello jlsheff,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We hope your son’s tournament was a successful one and hopefully his team won. Thank you for your kind words regarding our Guest Service Representative as well.

In regards to the HVAC units please know we are in the process of getting half of them replaced this year and the remaining next year as we are aware we are due for an upgrade on our current units. I also appreciate the notes on both the updates that may have not been complete along with the breakfast so that we can look into ensuring both are addressed by our leadership team. As a brand, SpringHill Suites is rolling out a great new breakfast program in June which will continue to be complimentary for all of our guests while upgrading to new healthier options.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Lincolnshire and we look forward to future visits.

Maria Jones and the Team at the SpringHill Suites Lincolnshire

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We traveled to Chicago for a wedding and stayed in this motel because it was recommended by the couple. We were very happy with our room. The cost was very reasonable and the room was clean and comfortable. There was a small frig to store snacks and a sofa for watching TV.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Hello Kathleen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review of your recent stay with us. We hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding, we always enjoy having wedding guests stay with us during the celebration.

I am excited to share your review with our team and we look forward to future visits.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

The SpringHill Suites in Lincolnshire was spotless inside and out. I stayed five nights in April 2013. My room was very clean and the staff competent and polite. Breakfast was very good all week with a wide variety of options, including scrambled eggs and sausage every day. Their decaf coffee was consistently excellent.

I’m not a big fan of the room layout. Getting in and out of the closet in a room with a king bed was a bit of a problem, especially gaining access to the ironing board. The ironing board cover itself was very cheap. The towels in the bathroom were thin and rough – similar to what you would find in budget hotels, and the couch had definitely seen better days, as it sagged deeply in the middle.

The SpringHill Suites van was kept parked under the overhang. When a guest is checking in or a taxi is waiting, anyone else is unable to get through, making it difficult to pick up of drop off passengers at the door.

While it is a reasonable value located in a safe area, I can’t say it would be my first choice if returning to the area.

Room Tip: Only one restaurant is within walking distance of the hotel (a bit pricy, but excellent), and the fo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Good Afternoon Demy181,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate the great feedback on our staff service, cleanliness, and breakfast options. We know service and cleanliness are our top priority for our guests and it's great to hear that you were pleased with both of those during your stay.

I understand your concerns about our room layout as we sometimes hear that some areas are more difficult to access than others. Please know for any potential future visits that some rooms are more accessible and a bit larger than others and we would be more than happy to see if those rooms would be a better fit for your travel needs. I also agree with your comment about our van being accessible under our overhang. We try to make sure it is readily available for our guests for pick up and drop off but I agree it may need to be moved in order to accommodate more vehicles arriving at the hotel. I will be sure to share this feedback with our team so we can come up with an alternate option for our parking.

The great news is that we are changing over to a new brand of towels for all of our guest rooms and have already begun implementing them in the hotel. This has been a concern of ours so I am happy to report the changes are being made.

I again thank you very much for your kind words and feedback. I hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Lincolnshire.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

The decor was very modern which I appreciated. There was no restaurant or bar which was disappointing. The room appeared to be very clean at first glance, but I found a lot of short black hairs-on the faucet, on the sink under the amenity tray, & on the toilet... totally disgusting. The towels were awful, so stiff they felt like sandpaper. If it weren't for these issues, I would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
SHSLincolnshire, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Hello Sonya S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I can't apologize enough for your experience with us concerning your room cleanliness. Please know that I agree that it is unacceptable for you to discover any remains in our rooms from previous guests and I plan on addressing this with my leadership team as well as the housekeeper that cleaned your room prior to arrival. If there is any chance you can contact me directly via phone (847-793-7500) or via email at maria.jones@marriott.com so that I can confirm your room number it would be greatly appreciated. Also, in regards to our towels I am happy to say that as a brand, SpringHill Suites, is implementing a new towel for our guests and we have already begun ordering and having them available for future visits.

Marriott, as a company, puts the primary focus on a positive guest experience. We know that building the relationships and keeping our repeat guests happy is our first priority. Rest assured that I will address the obstacles that prevented us from providing you with the service and accommodations that we pride ourselves on.

Maria Jones

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire

Been to SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!