“Great Atmosphere and Food”

Eddie Merlot's Lincolnshire
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's Lincolnshire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Lincolnshire
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Half Day Rd.
Transit: Pace - local stops on Milwaukee Ave
Description: A word from Eddie Merlot's - Lincolnshire Eddie Merlot's Prime-aged Beef and Seafood starts with U.S.D.A. Prime Beef and the freshest seafood. Eddie Merlot's has created one of the hottest concepts today; the wine bar provides more than 75 wines by the glass and a very extensive reserve wine collection by the bottle. The bar is stocked with all of the finest spirits and after dinner cordials and Cognacs. Eddie Merlot's boasts a contemporary but stunningly elegant interior design and atmosphere—where guests can have fun, relax and enjoy listening to up-tempo music, while dressed in business or casual attire.
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Atmosphere and Food”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was impressed with the interior decor. Felt warm and comfortable and most of all welcoming. Overall I found staff helpful and friendly. The bar area was a bit congested but not to the point of feeling uncomfortable. The noise level was restrained so we could all carry on a conversation without straining to be heard. The wait staff was not overbearing but still attentive. We did not feel rushed at all and were able to enjoy our before dinner drinks without feeling we had to order. Both appetizers were outstanding. I had a steak which was cooked to perfection (medium rare). The steak itself was not as buttery soft as I would like it to be. Nor was it overwhelmed with salt and other spices. I must admit I had better. The prices were typical I think for the Chicago area for steak but cheaper than what I paid for in a recent trip to Las Vegas. We ordered two sides: spinach and broccoli. The sides were also very good. My mother would be proud: we finished everything on our plates! They had a very adequate wine selection. Our server recommended a bottle: Cabernet. Although not the best I've had certainly matched our meal with no complaints. This was an overall decent dining experience and I would definitely go back.

• Visited March 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Best High End Steakhouse in the area”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a great dinner here and there are about 3 high end steak places in the area and this is the best. Appetizers were very good we had the smoking shrimp cocktail, the BBQ shrimp, and the pot stickers all were very good, For dinner we had the bone in filet, crab legs, and sea bass again we all enjoyed our meals. As a side we had garlic lobster mash they were great and plenty for four people. Carrot cake for desert was huge and again enough for four people. Great steak house in the burbs. The restaurant was very busy on Friday night but we still had great service!

• Visited March 2014
Fox Lake, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner! Service was efficient and not bothersome ! Our server made wonderful suggestions, try the Sweet n' Spicy rock shrimp ! My bone in rib eye was amazing, my wife's Sea Bass was tasty ! Side dishes very plentiful ! Try the mixed berries, Brandi cooked it table side and it was to die for!!

Round Lake, Illinois
“Amazing Lobster Bisque”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We came here for Valentines Day, as this is a very upscale restaurant. We had 8:30 reservations and we did not get seated until 9:15. I was not mad nor upset about this. I do understand it was Valentines Day and I have spoken with many other people who have dined here and they never had to wait with a reservation, so if you're not planning on coming on Valentines day, do not let that deter you. The hostess', as busy as they were, never dropped a smile from their faces. Even when a woman came up yelling at them that she had been waiting a while, they smiled and said we will seat you as soon as possible and apologized. When we did sit down, our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We ordered the lobster bisque as an appetizer and it was fantastic! It was so good, in fact, we were unable to finish the main course. I ordered the New Orleans mixed grill. It was about a 4oz filet mignon with two jumbo shrimps seasoned in cajun, and sausage and mashed potatoes. My husband had the meatloaf and he said it was very good. This is a rather expensive place, and for the most part everything is al a carte, so we won't be coming back regularly, but I would for a special occasion. When I told my mom about all of this, she suggested an after work drink and a bowl of soup. I think that is the perfect excuse to come back!

• Visited February 2014
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
“The Best Of Three Steakhouses In The Area”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This was our first visit. Valentine's Day 2014. As you would expect, it was packed. We had a 7:00 PM reservation and were seated at 7:15 PM. This is a large place and the tables were close to each other. With full seating and a three piece combo in the bar, the noise level was reasonable. The food was very good and the attention from our server, Brandi, was terrific. Most items on the menu were a la carte. There was a good variety of salads and sides.The pacing could have been a little better because we were offered our entrees before the salads were finished, but that might have been because of how busy it was. The entrees were held and served properly a few minutes later. The 10 ounce filet was slightly undercooked and had to be returned, but came out perfect less than five minutes later. The salmon was pretty good. One of the managers visited our table shortly after the entrees were served to be sure everything was OK, and a different manager visited at the end of the dinner to apologize for the problems. When the restaurant first opened, we had heard of many complaints in the service. Those appear to have been addressed. It is always helpful when the managers are visible and paying attention. There is a Flemings and Sullivans nearby and this restaurant is much better.

• Visited February 2014