“Underwhelmed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 38 Restaurants in Lincolnshire
Cumming, Georgia
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was looking for a sandwich place, and stumbled across Potbelly. What can I say? The name intrigued me so I went in.

The menu consists of sandwiches, salads and soups. Side items such as chips are available for $1.10. For dessert, there is brownies, cookies and ice cream.

The menu is posted high on the wall. After I had just entered the restaurant, I was asked for my order. I explained to the employee that I would need a few more minutes to decide because I had never been there before. This resulted in an eyeroll and a heavy sigh from the employee. My taking additional minutes to decide should have not been an issue because there was no one behind me in line.

After placing my order for half a sandwich and a soup, I was told to walk toward the cashier's area. Once there, the cashier told me my total, which was higher than I expected. The cashier explained to me that my total was higher because I had chosen chili for my soup, and there is an extra charge for chili. According to the cashier, the employee that had taken my order should have informed me of this extra charge. The employee had not informed me of the extra charge, but because it was less than $1, it was not worth disputing and I paid my total.

As for the food, the sandwich was hot because it was toasted and the chili was hot as well. However, while the food wasn't bad, it wasn't great either. It was not fulfilling. I do not understand how you can serve a mushroom melt with two small mushrooms the size of nickels. The food was underwhelming and I will not be eating at this restaurant in the future. I would not recommend it either unless you want to wish that you had spent your money and eaten elsewhere.

The only positive thing that I can say is that the restaurant was clean.

• Visited June 2013