“Special occasion dinner that turned out to be not so special” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wildfire

Wildfire
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Lincolnshire
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Aptakisic & Milwaukee
Description: Step back in time to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Long Grove, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special occasion dinner that turned out to be not so special”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Went there on 11/8/13 for my dad's birthday for dinner. Had reservations for 7 people. They were finally ready to sit us 15 minutes after our scheduled reservation at a table that sits 5 not 7. We refused had to wait another 10 minutes for another table. Two in our party ordered steaks and both steaks were cooked incorrectly - a restaurant who specializes in steak should know how to make them. Manager not understanding, not sympathetic. All she offered us is free dessert for my dad's birthday. Horrible customer service. Our server was not at fault just the management. Last time I visit Wildfire, there are plenty of other incredible restaurants around Chicago.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Elena1926

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“My favorite steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I love wildfire! The food is great, the atmosphere is great. It is probably the best steakhouse in Chicago, and I have been to them all.

Visited October 2013
Palatine, Illinois
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This place has awesome food. We've been here a number of times and never left disappointed. The chopped salad is one of the best around.

Visited August 2013
Ohio
“Awesome Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Our children took us here last year as our Christmas gift. Oh what an experience we had. The food is great. Add to that, spending time with family, and our experience was excellent. The servers are very good. This is a very expensive restaurant, but for the money we enjoyed every bite. We will return for another special occasion but would not eat here otherwise. It is very expensive!

Visited January 2013
Libertyville, Illinois
“Nearly excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

The ambiance, service, and food has always been top rated. I had my first bad meal there last night. Their roast duck was a special last night. Unfortunately, it was charred black. I mean charred. Always trained to eat what was on my plate, I slowly picked thru the meat looking for good areas. The waitress came over and asked if everything was okay. When I told her I was disappointed with the duck, she brought over the kitchen manager with a replacement half duck. Unfortunately, it was the same charred creature. I told her I appreciated her concern but even she could see the ducks spent too much time under the broiler. I went ahead and finished my meal and was pleasantly surprised to see I wasnt charged. Other than this one time experience, I would give this restaurant an excellent rating.

• Visited October 2013