“Best Place to live in”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Place to live in”
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I stayed in this very beautiful place while I was in Lincolnshire. The best part is I ended up staying there for more than 5 months. I liked everything in this place, say courtesy of their front desk and house keeping staffs. I simply loved my room, it had everything in it from wireless, king size bed, work table with a revolving cushion chair, focus lamp, couch, refrigerator, dish washer. I always felt my room had lot of space and not congested as in other hotels. Since I had to work almost all the time, I had everything that I wanted, say I had the shuttle to my work place when I needed (had to call them just 5 minutes before and they had it for me), my rooms were always cleaned that I always felt it is a new room for me each day. I love their big breakfast menu. For me, they are simply the best people in lincolnshire area and easily out-stand everybody else.
Truly it was a home outside home for me.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This isn't a brand new hotel so it does show it's age a bit. However, it's still in very good shape and everything is clean. I thought the best part about the hotel was it's location to the interstate. The interstate is literally right around the corner. Don't worry about traffic noise because I didn't hear any. Easy access to the interstate allows you to get to downtown Chicago relatively quickly. If you can't find a hotel in downtown Chicago or the prices are too outrageous give this place a try.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The everyday breakfast and dinner ( M-Th ) was not all up to par, compare to other Homewood Suites I've stayed at before. I was very disappointed. I won't be staying here again. The hotel was an older building that was updated and the layout of the hotel was an U - Shape.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Huckledee
ArthurJones5, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Huckledee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us. I hope you will accept our sincere apologies that you had to experience anything less than superior from our evening social and breakfast. We strive to provide the highest quality of service and amenities to ensure all of our guests endure a wonderful experience. We have taken steps to ensure that our reception staff is continuing to provide elite service while serving high quality food for all of our guests.

Should you allow us the opportunity to rectify your past experience with us, I hope you will allow me the pleasure of attending to the details of your reservation. Again thank you for your review!

We genuinely wish you a Prosperous New Year and Happy Holidays!

Direct Line (847) 943-2343 Email: ajones@csmcorp.net
Cherokee, Iowa
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I just spent a week in Lincolnshire and stayed at this establishment. This establishment has suites which were very nice when making an extended stay. This is an older establishment but in excellent condition. The suite had a kitchenette with a full size fridge. A living area with flat screen TV. A bedroom, also with a flat screen TV. A bath area with separate sink. The suite was very clean and neat. The couch and easy chair were comfortable but dated. The bathroom sink area was very pleasing to the eye but the sink is large and you are quite a distance from the mirror. There are a number of small cosmetic issues but they had been repaired as best they could be. This is a fairly large complex and there is only one entrance, but there are fire exits of course. This could be an issue for those who don’t walk well for long distances. There are elevators, a pool and a small exercise room. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is large and spacious. They have hot items as well as the traditional continental items. They even have a free dinner w/drinks on Monday through Thursday. The corridors were always clean and in great shape. There is a real furnace/AC as opposed to the typical wall unit. But my bedroom which was on the north wall was quite cool especially around the window even with the drapes pulled. Overall though this was a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it. And a great value for the cost.

Room Tip: If mobility is a problem youshould ask for a room close to the entrance.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
ArthurJones5, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Mr.Wundirboy,

Thank you kindly for such a thorough review of our Property. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations with us. We thank you also for informing other prospective travelers who are looking for accommodations in our area. We are fortunate to have an amazing crew in which we count on to deliver exceptional service to all of our guests. We are honored to be an Award-winning hotel chain for the third consecutive year and we plan on keeping it that way.

Our newly renovated rooms are now being showcased and there is already good buzz about it. We hope the next time your in town, you allow us the pleasure to host yet another great experience for you. Should you need reservations, please allow me to attend to the details.
I can be reached through email at ajones@csmcorp.net.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 November 2012

A very friendly and accommodating staff help make up for leaking ceilings, seeping walls and floors and beat up furniture.
The rooms are otherwise clean and the beds are comfortable. But the sofa is more appropriate for a flop- house or college dorm room.
For now, the deals are appropriate for the problems associated with an aging facility.
We would stay again because of the staff but really hope some work is done to update.

• Stayed November 2012
ArthurJones5, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I do want to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. Every member of the hotel does pride itself on the customer service that we provide to our guests on a daily basis. I did however want to point out that slowly but surely our rooms are being renovated and enhanced, in addition to the renovation we have augmented new big flat screen televisions with all high definition channels. We are very proud of our property and do encourage feedback as it is a valuable source to ensure we are providing the highest quality possible to our guests, thank you!

I hope you would consider staying with us again and giving us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional experience and showcase our newly renovated rooms.

san diego
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We travel the US for business and stay in 3-4 hotels each month. We are Hilton honors where we stay if possible. Marriott is our second choice. Homewood suites a generally a very good value for the cost. Usually these hotels are very well kept and efficiently run. The Lincolnshire Homewood Suites looks to be converted from another hotel. The room we had, although spacious, had a strange configuration of entry way, bathroom and bedroom. Also, the closet doors were bifold and rather cheap looking. The hallways, room and elevator doors were marked up and had chipped paint; maintenance more like what you might expect at older Holiday Inns. This hotel has a pool which attracts children and teenagers (like all hotel pools). The weekend we were there the pool had been taken over by four or five teenage boys playing with a large beach ball making the pool unusable by others (It would have been nice if the reception desk people (just a hallway away) had been more attentive to this situation). Most irritating was the 15 minute lockout on the business center work center. This is not the typical good Homewood Suites hotel.

Room Tip: Have a look at the room before you register, looking for a room configured to your satisfaction.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
ArthurJones5, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of everyone on the team here at Homewood Suites, I apologize for the inconvenience you endured during your stay with us. Feedback is always welcomed here as we strategize to include suggestions and make changing decisions as needed. Our hotel has undergone an extensive renovation when it was acquired back in 2006. Meticulous detail was put into the renovation and has earned us the Award-winning property we are today. We are also excited to announce the enhancement project our hotel is currently undergoing, both in the exterior grounds and in the rooms. Our front desk staff has been reminded to check the pool area consistently as it is required to ensure the safety of our guests. Due to the size of the property, our business center computers are limited to a 15 minute use in an effort to allow all of our guests to do the necessary printing and emailing.

We hope that you will allow us the pleasure to earn our reputation and present to you a new fresh touch to our suites the next time your are in the area. Should you need accommodations in the area, I hope you will allow me to personally attend to the details of your stay. My email is ajones@csmcorp.net.

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed 4 nights whilst attending Ryder Cup, handy for O'hare 20 mins away. Nice and clean, no bar which was a shock to us europeans, however a short journey took us to Milwaukee Avenue where abundanrt eateries and hosteleries were to be found. i had booked three rooms which were pre-paid with our European travel agency some months before, we were asked for our credit card details on check in and after several phone calls back to the UK a fax was sent to the hotel confirming payment had been made. I checked with the reception the evening prior to our check out, as we were leaving very early, that all the accounts were settled, I was assured that they had been. On arriving home I recieved my c/card bill to find that I had been charged by the hotel. To date this matter has still not been resolved but I am assuming it will be very shortly.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
ArthurJones5, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
FORE!!

What a great event it turned out to be, we were fortunate to have been hosts to some very talented players. Our convenient location was key for those who attended the event, being close to some of Chicago’s best restaurants, attractions and recreation parks it's no wonder we continuously get to enjoy the presence of people wanting to have a good time. We are glad you and your traveling companions joined us in this occasion. Although we may not have a permanent bar on property, we do offer our complimentary Manger's Reception Monday through Thursday (5p-7p) where you can enjoy your choice of an ice cold beer or a glass of wine.
We regret that you had issue's with your billing, after reviewing your billing I have identified the issues over the advance payment not being sent thoroughly and they were corrected immediately, we are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused for you. Should you need further assistance please feel free to contact me at ajones@csmcorp.net

At your Service,

Guest Service Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!