“I came for Chicago Pride Parade”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I enjoyed my experience overall at the Homewood Suites. My room was exceptional and clean. I was pleased with my in-room amenities. I was only put off by the breakfast experience. The eggs were overly wet and the texture was undesirable. The starch option was not so appetizing. The room was crowded and I felt as though I were in the way of all the other guests upon crossing the threshold to the dining room. The breakfast stations seemed scattered.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
shannonrychlik, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Kailee,

I'm sorry about your disappointing experience in our breakfast. I know that we have had a couple of very busy mornings as we have had been sold out on our weekends this summer...and we have actually been exploring different possibilities to expand our breakfast setup/selections. We appreciate your observations and suggestions as this helps us to evaluate avenues in which to improve. I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience overall and appreciated our cleanliness and amenities. Come back and see us!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is great. It's about 40 minutes from downtown. All the rooms are suites so there is a living area and kitchen that is separate from the bedroom. The kitchen was stocked with pots and pans, microwave, dishes and a dishwasher. There was also coffee and microwave popcorn. The living area has a pullout which actually wasn't so bad and would easily allow kids to sleep happily. The breakfast was the standard fare but still good. I really enjoyed the indoor pool area as it was nice and open with large vaulted ceilings so it wasn't stuffy like most indoor pools. There were even pool toys for my kids to play with. Outside they had a basketball hoop and firepit in the courtyard area which I saw other guests taking advantage of (firewood was already supplied). I didn't get to take advantage of the complimentary dinner as I was staying on a weekend, but just another bonus for the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

Hi tpitboy,

Wow, thank you for your thorough review! I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, courtyard area (with basketball, a firepit, and a patio), and our indool pool-and happy that your family was able to enjoy our pool toys. :)
We hope that next time you make it to our complimentary dinner (we are even grilling out on our patio on Wednesday evenings!)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was conveniently located for my son's Navy graduation from the Great Lakes Naval Station. It is also just a skip from downtown Chicago. One of the staff members informed us that the worst traffic into downtown was after noon, and the worst returning was before 7, and this was helpful. Also, it is only about 15-20 minutes from O'Hare airport, so we were not far from where we needed to drive to see my son off. The housekeeping staff did a great job each day, and the breakfast was very good. The Mon-Thur evening dinner was not very good, as the "Italian wedding soup" tasted canned to me, and my kids described the pizza as the kind they are served for school lunch. But at least it saved some money in feeding the family. Also, we were able to buy things for dinner and store them in the fridge, so we only had to pay for eating out for lunch. The only problem we had was that our air conditioning went out during our stay. The first night, I hoped it was just temporary. But when we returned the second night and it still wasn't working, we reported it to the front desk. The front desk person tried to fix it himself, as I guess they have no on sight maintenance after midnight, but he was unable to fix it. Since we had a long day out and were tired, we did not want to move rooms, which is what we were offered. We decided to stay in the room and deal with it with a fan they gave us, and the next day they fixed it. We were there in June. Also, if you get a room anywhere near the dining room, be prepared for noise at 8 a.m. Other than that, our stay was pleasant, and the location was good. Also, the staff were very nice and professional. Overall, a good stay.

Hi Elise,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your detailed experience at our hotel. We are grateful to be a preferred location for the Naval Base and a proud host hotel for graduation families. We are conveniently located in between the base and O'Hare airport.
I am so sorry about your AC unit...Illinois had a very hot start to the summer and fortunately we were able to have our AC vendor come in and assess our units and ensure they are all in working order for our busy summer season.
We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and that our team was friendly and professional. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great staff - clean rooms - good breakfast and nicely quiet. Enjoyed the stay. Just a quick jump to Chicago and a lot of places to eat nearby. Staff even helped my daughter log in with her cell phone!

Hi Stanley,

Thank you for your compliments-we hold ourselves to high standards in our service and cleanliness and I'm glad this shows! I'm glad we were able to assist with your daughter's cell phone internet access. :) Hope you come back to see us on your next trip to the Chicagoland area!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We came to the area because our son was Graduating from Navy Boot Camp. We truly felt honored and accommodated by the staff. Our trip was long and our time regimented by the events at hand; so the onsite evening meal and breakfasts were very much appreciated. We highly recommend this motel to everyone. Thank You!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
shannonrychlik, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hi Kurt,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Congratulations on your son's graduation from Great Lakes Naval Base! I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary dinner and breakfast. Please come see us again soon if you return to the area!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The place was spotless and the food was excellent. The pool was indoor heated but no whirlpool. Everyone was friendly. The exercise fitness room was also spotless and the equipment was up to date. We will definitely be back again.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your compliments about our clealiness, food quality, and service. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending us!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

A last minute booking, found on expedia.com. Pleasantly surprised. Couldn't have been more pleased. Very clean, extremely comfortable bed. Reasonably priced for a suite with a king bed. Would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I'm glad that you were able to find us in your last-minute travel arrangements and enjoyed your suite and accomodations. Please come see us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
3 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Forest Mettawa
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
2 mi away
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!