“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING”

Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel and their staff! First off, upon checking in the staff accommodated my request for an exceptionally quiet room even though it was New Year's Eve. The room we were given was PERFECT! It was on the back side of the hotel near the lake and was very quiet. More importantly, it was immaculate! Everything was clean - the floors, the bedding, the towels, the showers, and everything else! Next, room service was amazing. It was reasonably priced, delivered in a timely manner, and delicious! Additionally, we were there when it was snowing 2-3 inches an hour but the maintenance crew worked tirelessly to clean the sidewalks and the parking lot! Lastly, upon checking out we received 2 free coupons for the Starbucks beverage of our choice and a very nice, personable hand written note from the manager! I would chose this hotel time and time again! Thank you for everything and for making the last 2 days of our trip outstanding!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Pack4ever,

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

There are newer reviews for Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband surprised me with tickets to Mary Poppins and an overnight stay at the resort. Not sure which to review but the Mary Poppins musical was superb. The costumes, actors and music was so wonderful. I've been before for a childrens production and they do both adults and childrens theater very well. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel. Our room was so comfortable. Bed and linens so comfortable. The room was clean and I was able to adjust the heat accordingly. There were plenty of outlets for our phones and a tablet. And the room rate was reasonable. This property is a Starbucks hotel. I have to let you know I hate Starbucks. I wish hotels would give guests a choice for coffee. I love my morning coffee and couldn't wait to leave to buy it elsewhere. Also I found it strange that I couldn't locate our room's coffeepot. I eventually found it on the top shelf in the room's closet. I normally expect to find it in the bathroom or on the dress. I'm only 5 ft. so it wasn't a convenient location for me to find it or reach it. I recommend both the hotel and the theater.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear 4redheadsonaroadtrip,

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was a package deal for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day for $375. Arriving with an early check in, Gary at the front desk was great as he offered a glass of champagne and assisted in getting us located. Swam in the pool, rested in the hot tub, all was calm before the evening entertainment. The room was fine with great towels, sheets, bed covers and very comfortable beds.

The dinner ambience was enjoyable as was the food for the most part. However, the prime rib (despite the hip by the waitress) was too thick and therefore leaned to the dry side. Surf and Turf was great. The play of Mary Poppins was enjoyable, We didn't stay for the midnight toast. The next morning's brunch was lovely with great food varieties and, of course, champagne. With an overnight snow fall, Gary again came to the rescue with a snow brush for the car.

This is a very large complex but for New Year's eve it was rather empty which was a nice plus in terms of the pool and other facilities like the fitness room. The staff despite having to work the holiday were positive and responsive.

We plan to return next year though there was two surprises. First, for internet connection you need to a $12.50 per day charge. Second, as the tips are not included in the package price, the meal cost does not match the package price resulting in a higher tip than appropriate. For example, $80 per person for dinner and $35 per person for brunch is the amount you tip on. Of course this is not what you really paid in the package.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Robsy5111,

Thanks for staying with us at the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Gary was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with him. Happy New Year Rosby!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

After an 11 hour trip from Europe to here I was tired and looking forward to a shower and sleeping. Check in was speedy and very friendly. I stayed for 3 nights and our company was having a one day workshop here, which is probably why I was upgraded to the concierge floor (although I am a Marriot 'card holder' so my preferences are known).
The room was 'ok' - not more (but in comparison to the Marriot I stayed in Altanta just afterwards, much nicer and cleaner). I enjoyed breakfast at the concierge lounge and as a woman travelling alone I felt comfortable also in the bar (getting something for dinner).
Service throughout the hotel was excellent, attentive, very friendly and professional.
I had planned on going shopping for one day and I didn't want to rent a car for just one day (which I should have in hindsight as there is a rental car organization IN the hotel lobby and would have been much cheaper) . The reception pointed me to the right malls, organized the hotel shuttle to one of the malls close by (less than 5 miles works with the hotel shuttle) and also organized a taxi. Always with a smile on their face.
I can imagine that the grounds around the hotel are very nice, but it was just so foggy during my stay, I wasn't able to enjoy any of this.
One downside: I had a bit of issues with the heating. The room was rather cold and when I turned up the heater it got very loud.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear SusanneCH,

Thanks for staying here at the Lincolnshire Marriott Resort. We’re glad you experienced our caring service and great hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here while visiting family in nearby Libertyville over the long Thanksgiving weekend.
At check in it was clear I was dealing with somebody either in training or very new to the job. Everything was very perfunctory with little personality or charm. I had to tell her I was a Platinum member which is fine, but still...
Being a lifetime platinum Marriott rewards member I asked for an upgrade room (one of the perks) and I was told there were none available because they are all being renovated. I was put on the concierge lounge level as those, I was told, were the quieter rooms even though the concierge lounge was closed the entire holiday weekend due to low attendance.
I got to my room #3220 and it while clean and comfortable it was a typical Marriott room. The room looks somewhat dated.
Not sure why if the hotel was "virtually empty" as we were told why then we were put in-between two occupied rooms near the ice machine. We were watching tv early Thanksgiving morning and the woman next door started banging on our wall screaming for us to be quiet?! We were simply watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in our bed not even talking with the volume at a normal level.
Later that day I saw the door open to a suite on our floor that housekeeping was cleaning - clearly not all suites were being renovated and were even occupied if they were servicing them.
Being the holiday weekend I kept being told things were closed, luckily the Starbucks was open the whole weekend. Gym was nice as was the pool. This hotel is nice I suppose, but I was expecting more from this place.
There is a Courtyard right next door and Marriott Suites one exit up on 294 as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brklynrider
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Brklyrider,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I apologize that your stay was not 100% to your satisfaction. All of our suites were being updated with brand new furniture and light fixtures during the week you stayed with us; housekeeping was in and out cleaning throughout the week I hope you will consider visiting us again and look forward to showing you our new suites. Thanks again.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Nice hotel with good service. Great shows and good food. Would return again!
Family joined us on last two days of trip. Management was very helpful. Lounge bar was fairly priced and good drinks. Local to shopping and several dining options.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Camilla D

Dear Camilla D,
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Lincolnshire Marriott Resort! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was in town recently for my son's graduation from boot camp in Great Lakes. I had a hard time and decided on the Lincolnshire Marriott after extensive research. What a great stay! I have stayed at many high end hotels and the level of service your staff provided was truly amazing. The courtesy and level of attention EVERYONE provided left me very, very impressed. Not sure what type of customer service training you put the staff through, but the rest of the hotels in the industry should take note. No hotel is perfect, but when you combine a super comfortable bed, at a great value with a top notch staff, one can not ask for anything more. Thanks again for making my stay a memorable experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kelly J
Christine R, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Kelly J,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We strive for excellent customer service and are happy to hear that we have exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you on your next visit to Lincolnshire! Thanks again.

Christine R.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield

Been to Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort? Share your experiences!