“old outdated marriott”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Pasadena, CA
“old outdated marriott”
Reviewed 4 August 2007

Hotel is very outdated and some of the staff is very mean. ON a friday night it seemed like they have about 20 security guards not making me feel very secure, every corner you turn they are there. Security manager seemed like an idiot after i complained.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank robert543

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Chicago
Reviewed 3 August 2007

My sister hosted her wedding at this hotel. The hotel was nice, but I
did feel like I was in a Vegas hotel with how long the hallways were.
My 94 yr old grandma had to walk forever from the elevator to her room. The pools are nice, the service in the hotel resturant for lunch on a Friday was very very slow.

The staff during the wedding was great, bus boys were quick and nice. Marteen, I think he was head waiter, was awesome. So nice and helpful.Then there is Kelly the wedding coordinator. She was not in the least bit helpful to anyone, but my sister. As she was the bride thats great, but the rest of us were basically doing what the coordinator should have been. I'm bitter about it and won't go into anymore details.

The hotel is nice I hear the golfing is challenging and the course is well taken care of. Not bad all in all.Thanks

• Stayed July 2007
West Covina, California
Reviewed 27 July 2007

We stayed at this hotel 5 nights for a church conference and we found it to be quite satisfying. Our conference needs were met with great ease and with smiling faces. Ate dinner at the restaurants and enjoyed them both. I really liked the Wharf restaurant, the food was delicious with a great view. Overall had a good time.

• Stayed June 2007
USA
Reviewed 6 June 2007

This has to be the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in (and I travel a lot), outside of NYC. I've now stayed at this property six times in the past 12 months (business travel), so my opinion is based on repeated visits. Sounds seem to travel right through the entry door to the room: loud people having conversations in the hallways, doors slamming, and (particularly annoying) the housekeeping staff conversing on their Nextel walkie-talkies beginning at six AM. You'll also hear the sounds of water running and phones ringing in neighboring rooms. I am a very heavy sleeper, so if sounds disturb me, there's a good chance they will disturb others. (I'm very intrigued by the reviews of this property that do not mention noise, as noise is the defining feature of this hotel for me.) I should note that I've never said anything to the staff about this issue; I wonder what they'd do if I did?

Noise complaints aside, however, the property itself is nice. I cannot comment on its value for the money you'll spend, but it's clean and seems safe. There are many amenities onsite (pool, tennis, golf, restaurant, shop, theater), and it's within a very quick easy drive to good restaurants, shopping, and a movie theater.

Bottom line, on my next few business trips, I will be checking out other hotels in the area. If I ever stay at the Marriott Lincolnshire again, I will bring earplugs.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank idolem66
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 7 May 2007

Overall, this is a nice property, and impeccably clean and quiet, with a friendly and welcoming staff. Although, it was a bit pricey for my tastes and the expense of the amenities was irritating. Immediately next the the bed are two ridiculously expensive bottles of "European" water, and a filter of Starbucks coffee is in every room as well, at a silly price. I'm annoyed at how many hotels these days seem to decorate your room with junk to buy, as this one has. Whatever happened to a mini-bar in the corner and a room service menu in the drawer? It makes, me, for one, feel very taken advantage of, after already paying for the night's stay. Room service was appallingly expensive. Anyone who would order food here are either terribly rich, or terribly numb in the head. But, that said, the complimentary apple tea in the lobby was a really nice touch.

There isn't much in the vicinity to see and do. The hotel does have its own theatre, with acts such as "Grease." If you are looking to see Chicago, you will want to stay in the city. Lincolnshire is much too far away for Chicago tourists. This hotel is fitting for those visiting the North Shore, a conference, or looking to catch a flight the next morning out of O'Hare.

Overall, I could take it or leave it. But it was clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean hotel
  • Disliked — Obnoxious prices and items for sale
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 August 2006

This is a beautiful resort with manicured lawns, lovely walking paths, a small lake, indoor and outdoor pools, excellent restaurants (including poolside service), a well-equipped shop with everything from basic necessities to elegant luxuries, an excellent theatre-in-the-round, a golf couse, and a staff that were uniformly pleasant and helpful. Our room, in the Concierge area, was spacious, well-equipped, and quiet. The bed was exceptionally comfortable, and the air-conditioning was quiet and worked well during a terrible heat wave. Staying here is a real vacation.

Our one complaint, and it was quite significant, is that when we arrived no rooms were available, in spite of our having made reservations several months earlier. Our reservation was acknowledged, but we were told that a large party had not checked out as scheduled. The only reason we were staying there was because a cousin's wedding was being held there, and we wanted to spend time with the family and friends who had come from all over the country to clelbrate together. The manager was sympathetic and helpful, and eventually comped a room for us at a nearby property, and gave us an upgraded, comped room the following night at the Marriott Lincolnshire. However, it took a great deal of persistence for us to get those results, which we feel should not have been necessary.

Nontheless, we loved the resort and would definitely stay there again, but would make a strong effort to reconfirm or reservation.

5 Thank kurseni
Central Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2006

I enjoyed the stay. The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were very nice and the food was good. The room was a little loud, but it wasn't intolerable. You could hear the nearby room doors slamming.

The beds in a Marriott are second to none. I always get a super night sleep at Marriott, and this was no exception.

The resort is in a very nice area, and the grounds are beautiful.

I definitely recommend this hotel.

I give it 4 Freddie stars.......

• Liked — Beautiful rooms
  • Disliked — Hearing nearby room doors slam
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank bigdaddyhill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Courtyard Chicago Lincolnshire
SpringHill Suites Chicago Lincolnshire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield

Been to Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort? Share your experiences!