“Enjoyable Family Trip”
Review of Morton Arboretum

Morton Arboretum
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Lisle
More attraction details
Owner description: Only 25 miles west of Chicago, there's something for everyone in all four seasons at The Morton Arboretum. Whether you seek a quiet hike in the woods or an active family day out, The Morton Arboretum offers a wide variety of fun activities, events, tours, and classes for all ages and interests. Here you'll find an oasis of 16 miles of hiking trails and nine miles of paved roads, perfect for hiking, running, biking or just exploring. From a guided tour on an open-air tram to the award-winning Children's Garden and Maze Garden, to seasonal exhibits and lunch in The Ginkgo Restaurant overlooking Meadow Lake, the Arboretum is a unique place to explore, discover, escape, and connect with trees and nature.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Morton Arboretum is a destination that my family and I like to take when we're in the area. It's a nice natural oasis in the midst of the city and allows the kids to get out and enjoy something other than concrete. This trip we took the tram ride around and learned a good amount about the history of the estate. We found a nice picnic spot on the west side and took the scenic drive around. After a nice lunch we walked through the kids area and let the little ones stretch their legs on the play area's, splash through the water play areas and even do a few arts and crafts. All in all, it was a great way to the spend the day. We took a drive around the east side to round out the day. Everyone that we talked to was courteous and very helpful with explanations of plants and history.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Attended the Asia Cultural Festival today at the Arboretum. Very well done with music, Kung Fu exhibition and a native plant sale. The arboretum is a great place to take family and friends. One of the great nature areas in the greater Chicago area.

1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 3 August 2014

One day not enough to see and explore the numerous collections of trees, bushes, and paths. Clean, safe, and very informative for amateur and professional botanical buffs with plenty to keep the little ones interested

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I never expected to see such a beautiful oasis in the midst of a lot of cement roads. I guess we lucked out, since my cousin happened to have the app on her phone, so we just drove through the gate. My review might be different if we'd had to pay $22 for the experience. We walked for a nice five miles through varying landscapes, and I enjoyed seeing all the varieties of vegetation. The only change my cousin says she'd make would be to add some shaded areas to the kids' playing center.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

A beautiful place to escape the busy city streets and get back to nature. The Arboretum covers a large amount of land and each section is equally beautiful, with lakes, water falls, bush walks, or just to sit back and enjoy the view. This was a photographers dream with all the daffodils out in bloom, I wish I could visit in fall I can only imagination the colours.