“Not so great.”

Four Lakes Ski Area
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Only tow rope lifts here; they get really tiring after a few runs. There is VERY poor control of the skiiers here. Sure, there's rules but they aren't enforced at all. I got kicked in the back of the head by someone being reckless and I almost got knocked over several other times. I got a great deal going here with a groupon, otherwise I would have been really upset if I paid full price.

Also, absolutely no gluten free options for food. I know that's a lot to ask for a food place, but it just was a bit of a bummer for me.

1  Thank Sarah E

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Parents are not allowed to enter the area. They had no one at the tow rope to assist any small child. The mentality is buy a lesson or buy a ticket if you want to help your child. My daughter came back crying with one ski on and one ski off. I didn't know if she was hurt and this guy at the gate keeps telling me i can't cross the line. I asked him if he could assist her and he said no he could leave his post. I then told him I'm going in to help my daughter to see if she is ok. He starts screaming, " call the manager", " call the manager", and storms off into the office. I follow him in with my crying daughter in tow. Needless to say I am livid. The manager handled it well. Any ace I have gone to a lift ticket is just that a ticket to get on the lift or tow rope. Not this place, if you are a parent and can't ski your child is on her own.

3  Thank jjbigs17
Reviewed 2 March 2014

First, I am not a skier. Second, I am looking forward to getting better and going again. I would def recommend coming here and I will be coming back next year at least once. My son, 12, learned quickly from Dallas and he and I had a great afternoon together. Thanks! Glad I found this spot.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The bottom of the hill is fenced off to anyone without a ticket, I found out the hard way, that my 6 year old kids had to fend for themselves on the rope tow. When I asked the gentleman checking the tickets at the gate check if I can help my kids learn how to use the rope tow, he told me that I would be a liability and he wouldn't let me go, asked if someone is there to show them, he said they should have taken a class. Then when my kids skis fell off, he made me stand and watch as my kid walked with one ski to the gate.
Save your $28, just give it to your kid, he'll be much happier.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I used to live in Four Lakes. Their skiing area is fine for the extreme beginner or for somebody who doesn't want to drive north four hours. There are always lots of kids in the snow boarding area. If you go through the park district in Naperville you get (4) one-hour group lessons plus ski and boot rental for around $100.

2  Thank WorldTravelers34