“I Really Tried Hard....”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Rayme's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rayme's
Ranked #13 of 71 Restaurants in Lisle
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“I Really Tried Hard....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

...to like Rayme's. I expected there to be a wait even early Saturday evening, but I dislike being the first customers in a restaurant. I do not want day old food. We went at 6 and waited at the bar ordering to martini's/rocks. They do warn you they are the home of the gigantic cocktail on the sign outside, but if you have one of these and drive you're could be in trouble.
OK, here goes the rest. The bread was warm stale sandwich style french bread, crackers were ritz and club. Soup or salad with meal. The only soup offered was clam chowder that I have no doubt was from the night before (Friday). Our salad lettuce was transluscent (old and water logged-from the day before at least) cucumbers were curled from being dry, the croutons full of grease. My catfish order was two small whole fish, way overcooked in old grease. The fried shrimp the same, stringy from being overcooked. I forgot that the fan from the kitchen spews out into the parking lot and I smelled the old grease while walking in. Wish I remembered. My loaded baked potato was a half of potato that had a thick piece of cheddar on top of hard as a rock bacon. The cheese had long sinced cooled and had become a gross glob. Waitress was way too busy to flag down, for a complaint or wine. Our drinking water was melted ice and you could taste it. Busboy was busy changing tables so they could herd in more customers. Screw the current ones. Never offered coffee or desert. Waited twenty minutes for the check, which we had to hunt the waitress down to get. All thumbs down.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank tulu

Chicago
“Could be much better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

This old time supper club with the best Long Island Ice Teas in the world should be able to prepare decent food, but falls flat. As this is in my hometown, I am very hopeful they will improve and therfore, I try them every 6-8 months hoping they have got their act together (this has been going on for 15 yesrs) but they always fail to produce a decent meal.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank tjtravelerChicago
Wheaton, IL
“Excellent steaks and fish selections.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Loved the specailty cocktails. Cant wait to go back again.

Visited October 2011
“What a nice surprise. I would suggest a different type of bread for dinner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Took my wife here for our 45th wedding anniversary because she had a taste for prime rib. We weren't disappointed. The steak was done perfectly. The service was excellent and the cocktails were great.
Jim & Sandy from Bolingbrook

Chicago, IL
“Could be fantastic, but misses the mark.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

This place has great martinis with hand stuffed blue cheese olives. The smoked salmon is wonderful, but the presentation is an embarrassment. The chopped onions, capers, etc come in little plastic cups! This is not a cheap place to eat... I expected better.

This is where you should go if you want to feel really young...I'd say the median age is about 65.

Although our food was good, our waitress spoiled the entire evening with her rudeness. With so many great places to eat in the western suburbs, it's hard to choose one that makes you feel bad as you leave.