“Horriffic.”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Dim, dusty, dirty looking atmosphere. Filet mignon tasted old, was tough, and smothered in rock salt or sea salt...practically unedible. Red snapper...took one bite and should have spit it out. Tasted like it was in the freezer for five years. Unidentifyable bright red garnish on the plates...marinated pear slice maybe that smelled like Ben Gay. Shameful, nightmare worthy dump.

3  Thank Ingodwetrust23

Reviewed 31 March 2013

...they actually say that in the advertisement. We've gone for drinks (never dinner, but sometimes a few appetizers) and they are pretty large and pretty good. I like the Brandy Alexander and the Old Fashions are good too. One complaint would be that it's a very small space, and almost never have actually been able to sit at the bar.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I was traveling from central Illinois to Lisle for a 1pm meeting, and passed this restaurant. Something told me to turn around and try it - and my husband and I did! What an amazing place. Small, quaint, outstanding service. We were surrounded by others that knew everyone by name - you could till this was a favorite among the locals. We were not dissapointed! I had the special of the day which was a patty melt - cooked to order, and a cup of the most delicious french onion soup. My husband had the open faced meatloaf sandwich - both of our orders were enough for two people to share! Next time I would recommend the 1/2 sandwich option. Skip the chain restaurants and stop at Rayme's - you won't regret it!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I've been to some of the best restaurants in the country and, although different than most in atmosphere, Rayme's provided a unique and much appreciated blast from the past.

My wife and I took our neighbors out for a quick bite before catching an 8:00 PM performance of Neil Simon's Rumors at the Village Theater Guild in Glen Ellyn (just 2.5 miles away). As there is no assigned seating, we were told by the theater to arrive 1/2 hour early to insure that we could all sit together.

Upon our arrival at Rayme's, the place was wall to wall at 6:00 PM on a Friday. We talked with the owner and told her our predicament in trying to be at the theater at 7:30.

She made us comfortable at a high top table near the bar where we sampled the truly KING SIZE COCKTAILS. For the size they are a genuine bargin!

In less than 15 minutes she had us seated in the dinning room and had told the wait staff about our impending show.

The service was friendly and professional. All of our dishes were fresh, crisp, savory and absolutely beyond reproach.

With a cozy atmosphere, genuine, friendly management/staff and the best food in the area...this place is a real diamond in the rough.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

My wife and I were out shopping and decided to stop for dinner. It was a Friday night. We chose Rayme's in Lisle. I've been going to this location since before it was Rayme's, 1971. It became Rayme's in 1974 with infamous large cocktails and the special butt steak on the menu. It was created with a local neighborhood flavor to, friendly waitresses and an owner at the edge of the bar talking to customers and seating those that waited.

Several years ago when Ray passed away, the local meeting place was expected to be no more, but because a patron loved the place so much, he bought it from Ray's family. What has happened since, is the place was refreshed. New paint, awnings tables and chairs, but the name remains the same with the legacy created by Ray. The large cocktails and but steak remain with new items and the same service. The owners are there to great you and welcome you to there place in a supper club atmosphere.

I order a giant gin & tonic, but could have had the standard supper club brandy Manhattan. I had blue gills that where unexpected and very good. My wife had the butt steak which was also very good.

In conclusion, Rayme's is a great supper club type restaurant that has many regulars and continuity that make it an excellent choose for a neighborhood treasure.