“Overnight stay”

Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lisle
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was a very quick overnight stay arriving late, but the room was clean and comfortable, had a separate lounge area and would have been a little cosy if there were two people. The biggest negative is the road noise I was in room 608 and the noise was constant all night.
Is in a good location close to many restaurants and the Morton Arboretum.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've never stayed in outer Chicago and this hotel was fairly close to where I needed to be for meetings the next day in Bolingbroke, and it was less expensive than the couple in the same quality range that were closer.

My son and I didn't check in until around 10 on a Tuesday night. The parking lot was very full but felt safe. The lobby is nice and big with lots of sitting areas. We approached the front desk to check in and no one was there. We stood and probably waited for close to 5 minutes. There wasn't a bell to ring or any sign that said when they'd be back so all we could do was stand there. There were about 5 other people standing and waiting by the time a guy and girl came out of the door to the right of the desk to greet anyone. After a super long day that was a little irritating.

Our room was on the 5th floor facing the highway, so like some other reviewers we had that noise. The room was fine overall, with a little sitting area and desk, a TV in the middle, and two double beds. The area with the double beds was tight. They eached hugged the outer walls with one nightstand in the middle. Overall a Hyatt Place has much more square footage, or at least it appears that way based on how the room is designed. The bathroom was fine, with a rather small vanity, and the tub backed up on both of us while we were showering so we were standing ankle deep in water. I didn't mention it to my son after I showered but he mentioned it after taking his. I was very disappointed, for a Hyatt quality property in a business area, that there was not a refrigerator in the room. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a room without a little mini-fridge. They had large bottles of water in the room....for $4. Ridiculous.

But my least favorite thing was as we were leaving we needed to use the business center to print tickets I had just purchased online for the Willis Tower Skydeck. There wasn't an option to receive them as e-tickets, I had to print them. So we stopped down where I had seen the center, but there was a big sign that said it would be $5.95 for 15 minutes of internet usage, and each printed page was like $1.00 or something similar. So it would have cost me $8 to access my Hotmail and print off those tickets. Absolutely ridiculous. Needless to say I didn't do that, and inside the Willis Tower I found a copy center and he had me forward my email tickets to him and he printed them in about 30 seconds. Cost? $.50. Now that's customer service, unlike Hyatt. I think nickel and diming your paying guests in that way is a bad business practice and I will not be back. It's kind of funny that to not have to be charged for every little thing you have to stay at a lesser quality facility. And there was not a free breakfast of any kind. Also not a good value so we didn't eat there.

So overall the building was nice but the add-on costs for other things you might need make it a difficult choice, in my opinion. It depends on what your priorities are, obviously.

Room Tip: Not facing the highway!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

There was a time that the brand Hyatt implied a 5 star property with the consequent 5 star room prices. So we were surprised to find, for the second time in a year, that the Hyatt Lisle offered a room rate +20% less than than its competitors in the surrounding area. In the past the name Hyatt connoted a stylish, upscale property - a place where children in soccer outfits would not be found on the lobby floor with there feet in the air, nor families with coolers and plastic bags of clothes be seen checking in... times change however. That said, we found service at this hotel to be professional, competent and always delivered with a smile... from the front desk to the bar. Rooms were spacious and though dated in design, very well maintained. WiFi was free and fast - during our week's stay we logged our devices in but once at arrival, after which they ran without a hitch. The hotel's location allows convenient to access several major highways, however there is little in the way of food or entertainment within walking distance. We found that a 10 minute drive east on Ogden Avenue brought us to an outstanding breakfast at The Baked Apple Breakfast Company in neighboring Downers Grove, and an even shorter drive to Main Street Lisle to an excellent Mexican dinner at Yerba Buena. In summary, this is a solid choice for a stay in the Chicago western suburbs if you wish to maximize value for quality and room size, as well as convenience in location.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor on the south side facing away from the major expressways.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhileasFoggII
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We spent this last weekend at the Hyatt in Lisle, IL. I did read some of the reviews before I came and I will have to agree with the ones about the small double beds. The sofa sleeper had more room than the beds. However, that was probably the only thing I would have to say was uncomfortable about the room. I did like the idea of a couch and desk on one side of the room and the beds on the opposite. One plus we also like is the toilet/ tub was in a separate room from the sink part. The closet was huge compared to the hotel/motels I have stayed in before. There is plenty of room for one to keep clothes or personal items in the drawers. I did request a fridge before I came and we were able to receive one so that helped as we had need to keep food cold. The room was clean and the hotel workers were very nice and helpful. I didn't use the pool but my nieces and nephews had fun in it. They do have an exercise room with ample equipment. If your looking for a place to stay and need somewhere clean this will work for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trina H
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a very well run property with a well trained staff. On our first evening a room service waiter mistakenly knocked on our door. I went to the door and told them we didn't order room service. They were polite and went away. My wife and I never said a word about it and came back to the hotel the next evening to find an exquisite cheese and fruit tray with a bottle of cabernet. Along with the tray was a heart felt note apologizing for the disturbance from Bertha Espinel Restaurant Supervisor.
I have traveled extensively throughout my career. What a well trained staff Ms. Espinel has that they would report on themselves to her about this minor inconvenience. We were very impressed. This property backs up there desire to deliver a quality experience with the action required to earn it. Rarely do I see gestures of this kind. It is refreshing and makes me feel like they want me here. Thanks to Ms. Espinel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kristopher K
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stay here 2 to 3 times a year just to get away for the weekend and love it! We always get the panoramic room on the west side and the view is beautiful. The hotel/rooms are always clean, the staff is always helpful and accommodating and the bar/restaurant is is great when you don't want to go out.

This also seems to be the place for weddings and from the looks of the set up, they're a hit! If you book a room 14 days in advance, you can always get a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great. We stayed the 4th of July weekend, and they even specially put us on the south end so we could see the Lisle fireworks! The pool was the perfect temperature, but the hot tub was too hot for my liking. The exercise room was nice (they even had chilled towels). The beds were a bit small, but I slept on the pullout couch. There is no fridge, but we asked, and they brought one up for free with a microwave! The wifi in the lobby is free and the fountain is nice. Besides the price, everything here is great. Overall, this was a wonderful stay.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Anika W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisle
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Sheraton Lisle Naperville Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
#7 of 18 in Naperville
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Been to Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville? Share your experiences!