“A Great Place to Stay”

Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lisle
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had the opportunity to stay here during a recent overnight business trip. As with most Hyatt’s, this hotel and it's rooms are very clean and the service was extremely friendly. I would definitely stay here, again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I always like Hyatt! They have rarely let me down. This location was very clean! Te room was very comfortable! It was a great place to relax after a long day at the office! They had a great workout room and pool! It was a quiet relaxing atmosphere! I will certainly be staying here in the future!

Stayed: July 2014
Amica B, Manager at Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Hyatt Lisle is a good choice for anyone who needs to stay in the western suburbs. It's conveniently located near the interstates, there are coffee spots (Starbucks/Dunkin' Donuts) nearby, and you are close to most of the things that you'd want to be close to... (office parks, malls, tourist sites).

The hotel itself is showing a bit of wear, but it isn't a brand new facility and that's to be expected. It's very clean and well maintained, though. My room had two double beds, a couch and a chair, and a TV that could be used in either the "bedroom" or the seating area. The workout room has decent machines, and their pool is perfect for kids (not ideal for lap swimming). The lobby is comfortable and spacious, and they've got a "store" of sorts near the front desk that carries soft drinks, snacks, and other items you might need on short notice.

The highlight of the property, though, is the staff. I was at the Hyatt for a week due to a death in the family, and the staff was very accommodating (I requested a room with two beds, and a room in a relatively quiet location). If I have to come back to Lisle/Naperville area, then I'd definitely look at the Hyatt as my first choice option for a reasonably priced, comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors have a surprisingly nice view of the area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2014

There's not much wrong I can say about the Hyatt. Rooms were clean & comfortable. I stayed in a room with 2 double beds (I would prefer 2 queen beds, larger people will be uncomfortable on the small ones) and the room was clean. I would recommend requesting a refrigerator for the room, as they do not come with one. I asked the front desk for one and had it 15 min. later.

Pool and hot tub area was great, decent hotel gym, and parking was ample and easily accessible. Hotel is right on the highway so easy to find as well. Great job Hyatt, keep it up!

Room Tip: Some rooms face the highway, noise wasn't horrible but just a heads-up.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2014

As far as mid-range corporate hotels go, the Hyatt Lisle fulfilled its purpose of being clean, comfortable and convenient to where I was working for the week. If you want no-frills and no-surprises in the price range your company accountants wont cringe at, then this is a great hotel. My room was spacious and well equipped, though the desk chair was too low and squishy to be of much use so I resorted to propping my laptop on a cushion on my knees and worked from the large, comfortable sofa. Room service menu contains standard Hyatt fare, reasonably priced and delivered within 30 minutes. The gym and swimming pool were a let down; the former being small and ill-equipped and the latter looking in need of some major repairs. Would I stay here again? Yes, because its convenient to my company's offices and the price is within the range for business travel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors facing the car park are quieter than those facing the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was a very quick overnight stay arriving late, but the room was clean and comfortable, had a separate lounge area and would have been a little cosy if there were two people. The biggest negative is the road noise I was in room 608 and the noise was constant all night.
Is in a good location close to many restaurants and the Morton Arboretum.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've never stayed in outer Chicago and this hotel was fairly close to where I needed to be for meetings the next day in Bolingbroke, and it was less expensive than the couple in the same quality range that were closer.

My son and I didn't check in until around 10 on a Tuesday night. The parking lot was very full but felt safe. The lobby is nice and big with lots of sitting areas. We approached the front desk to check in and no one was there. We stood and probably waited for close to 5 minutes. There wasn't a bell to ring or any sign that said when they'd be back so all we could do was stand there. There were about 5 other people standing and waiting by the time a guy and girl came out of the door to the right of the desk to greet anyone. After a super long day that was a little irritating.

Our room was on the 5th floor facing the highway, so like some other reviewers we had that noise. The room was fine overall, with a little sitting area and desk, a TV in the middle, and two double beds. The area with the double beds was tight. They eached hugged the outer walls with one nightstand in the middle. Overall a Hyatt Place has much more square footage, or at least it appears that way based on how the room is designed. The bathroom was fine, with a rather small vanity, and the tub backed up on both of us while we were showering so we were standing ankle deep in water. I didn't mention it to my son after I showered but he mentioned it after taking his. I was very disappointed, for a Hyatt quality property in a business area, that there was not a refrigerator in the room. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a room without a little mini-fridge. They had large bottles of water in the room....for $4. Ridiculous.

But my least favorite thing was as we were leaving we needed to use the business center to print tickets I had just purchased online for the Willis Tower Skydeck. There wasn't an option to receive them as e-tickets, I had to print them. So we stopped down where I had seen the center, but there was a big sign that said it would be $5.95 for 15 minutes of internet usage, and each printed page was like $1.00 or something similar. So it would have cost me $8 to access my Hotmail and print off those tickets. Absolutely ridiculous. Needless to say I didn't do that, and inside the Willis Tower I found a copy center and he had me forward my email tickets to him and he printed them in about 30 seconds. Cost? $.50. Now that's customer service, unlike Hyatt. I think nickel and diming your paying guests in that way is a bad business practice and I will not be back. It's kind of funny that to not have to be charged for every little thing you have to stay at a lesser quality facility. And there was not a free breakfast of any kind. Also not a good value so we didn't eat there.

So overall the building was nice but the add-on costs for other things you might need make it a difficult choice, in my opinion. It depends on what your priorities are, obviously.

Room Tip: Not facing the highway!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisle
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Sheraton Lisle Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
#7 of 18 in Naperville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville
Hyatt Place Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville

Been to Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville? Share your experiences!