“good business hotel”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lisle
Los Gatos, California
“good business hotel”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Staff was attentive. Assigned first room next to ice machine. Moved me quickly. Stayed two nights. Pleasant hotel. Restaurant doubles are bar, so it's a bit odd. Overall a quality Starwood stay on a business trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Let me say they try really hard and they have made huge improvements in this facility We stayed here last October the day/night they switched over from wynhdam to Sheraton and that was a complete nightmare of a stay. We wrote letters to the Gm and he did respond and he even met us this time while we were there and had very productive discussions. The hotel has made changes in bedding, very comfortable, the overall décor of the hotel is still dated but most of the improvements that have been made are the behind the scene type. New roof etc One of the biggest improvements I noticed were the employees and customer service. Front desk personnel were very friendly, accommodating, and went out of their way to resolve issues. The bar area was mostly the same but the two guys behind the bar were courteous and friendly. House keeping was spotty as we had to ask twice for either more coffee or shower supplies and we suspect they went thru my wife's personal makeup bag to put a few things in there that were left out intentionally, totally unacceptable. We did go down to the pool area as it was closed due to renovations( we were not informed ahead of time) and fitness center (closed also) to find a slew of workers updating it painting ,fixing etc so that made us feel good that the improvements are continuing. The restaurant onsite is severely overpriced, we went offsite and ate breakfast for the price it was going to cost us for one person to eat at the hotel. And hotel employees smoking in front of the entrance. Really isn't there a service door they could do that at?? Overall the place still a a way to go but I feel it will make a turn around. The price we paid (priceline) was a good value but some simple things need to happen in order for us to go there again. We will look at other locations next time we go to visit the kids and grand kids...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This property turned into a sheraton recently, my last visit was when it was still a whyndham.....it was much better then. Most things are the same, except for the room service menu (which is terrible) gave the place a higher rating because of the service, in particular TONY the night time front desk manager, he is awesome! He was the only person I spoke to over the course of a weekend that actually address my concerns and had a clue as to what I was saying ( i think hes been there since it was a whyndham), The hotel itself is much the same, save for some fancy new room keys...meh. Big thanks to Tony. All in all a good stay.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I just wanted to say "Thank you soo much" to Dmitriy and his staff.
It was the first time that I have come to US(I'm from India) and I had to stay in Sheraton Lisle for 10 days.
Initially I was little worried because everything was new to me. But glad that I was asked to stay in this hotel and Dmi and his staff were just amazing.
I would definitely recommend this hotel because
1)Room was clean and spacious
2)Room service was great
3)People at the front desk were just amazing(Fernando,Maria,Shiva and ofcourse Dmitriy)
4)Breakfast was very good and would like to say thanks to Pete.
5)Shuttle service was good.

I'm just thinking if there are any -ve points.. but NO.. I dont think there are any.
Definitely 5/5.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I had a reservation but was told that there were no rooms when I arrived pretty late at night. I guess there was some water damage due to storms in the area. At first I was really angry. I mean I had a reservation. Tony at the front desk quickly put me at ease. He went above and beyond making call after call until he found me a room at a near by hotel. He even arranged for a taxi to get me there and to my destination the next day. He took a very bad situation and turned it around! Great customer service.

• Stayed May 2014
Dmitriy_Khimchak, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Lisle Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Shane K

Thank You so much for being so understanding. We were not expecting such a heavy down pour. I am glad to hear that Tony was able to relocate you to a another local property. We always go above and beyond to satisfy our guests. Thank you again and do hope you get to see our new improvements soon to come. We are installing new lock systems,upgrading the entire property and pool renovations should be done by mid June.
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Room was clean, staff friendly and breakfast was good. Was disappointed the gym was being redone since this was important to us, however we were shuttled to another hotel with a gym we could utilize. The staff went out of their way to accommodate everything a person would need.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. Our pool and fitness center should be complete come mid June. I apologize for the minor inconvenience and glad to hear we were able to accommodate you with our second option of going over to Life Fitness across the street. We hope to see you back soon to enjoy our newly renovated facility.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I was really worried after reading reviews. Our room on the 7th floor was very nice. Great beds! Perhaps recently remodeled? Very comfortable and clean. No foul odor as so many reviews mentioned. Location so-so. Nice wine reception in lobby for $5. Staff very accommodating. Husband enjoyed pool. Said there were a few loose tiles but mentioned it to manager and he sent someone to fix it pronto. Under new management and seems they want to provide good service. Said the lobby will be remodeled soon.

• Stayed April 2014
Dmitriy_Khimchak, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Lisle Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Ruth G

Thank you for the great review, We're glad we exceeded your expectations.With the new renovations on the way we hope you chose our facility for all your future events.

Special Thank You from

Staff & Management.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisle
Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville
Hilton Lisle / Naperville
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
Chicago Marriott Naperville
#8 of 18 in Naperville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville

Been to Sheraton Lisle Hotel? Share your experiences!