“Really enjoyed the food.”
Review of DOC Wine Bar

DOC Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
DOC Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 190 Restaurants in Lombard
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highland Road & Butterfield
Description: Welcome to D.O.C Wine Bar. We are elated to serve you as your neighborhood wine bar and bistro. We believe that wine is the "nectar of the gods" and should be enjoyed by all, novices and connoisseurs alike. While we take what we do seriously, first and foremost, we believe drinking wine should be fun. It is our goal to offer a large variety of wine spanning the globe without any of the factors that may cause intimidation and hinder your enjoyment. Established in 1963 and implemented in 1966, the Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC) ("Controlled Denomination of Origin") is Italy's equivalent to France's APPELLATION D'ORIGINE CONTROLEE. DOC's are defined by the geographic area of production for each wine, the varieties that can be used, the minimum alcohol content, the maximum yield, and the specifications for aging.
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The restaurant was smaller than I expected, but was big on the food. I did enjoy a cocktail called the toasted almond. I couldn't tell you what was in it but it was really good. Delfina potatoes were really good for the appetizer. Chicken saltimbocca was great with sides of sauteed spinach and mashed potatoes. Dessert was equally as good banana beignets! Nice for couples and get togethers with friends.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My sister took me here for a birthday lunch. The menu had many interesting items and the selection of sides was great. My sister had a bloody Mary which was delicious as was my Malbec. It you stay away from the wine, this restaurant is reasonable -- my roast beet salad and generous cup of soup was only $11. My sister's roast turkey Panini with side were more than she could finish.

The restaurant has a great atmosphere and I would highly recommend it for a romantic dinner.

The service was great. When I revealed it was my birthday they brought a hot cookie in a skillet that was way overboard in sugar, but absolutely delicious.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were here for a wedding rehearsal dinner in the back room. The room, because it was set up for about 40 for dinner was a bit tight for cocktail time, but the bar was adequately staffed and the appetizers were very good.
We had a choice of entrees for dinner. The crab cakes were very good. Lots of real crab. We had broccoli and a potato cake which was very tasty. The only disappointment to an otherwise nice dinner was the dessert, flourless chocolate cake which was rather dry and not special in any way. The main bar/restaurant area was quite full (it was a Friday night) with mainly women and a few smaller groups.
Because it was a rehearsal dinner, I am unable to comment on pricing.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Lovely wine bar with extensive options and a knowledgeable staff. Menu ranges from small plates to full entrees. Has a patio for outdoor dining when the weather permits. The chicken saltimbocca is really good - check their website prior to visiting for specials that night -

Reviewed 3 July 2013

The "butcher's plate" is different but give it a chance! All I will say is that I ate here with a friend one evening and was really impressed with the quality of the butcher's plate offerings. So I took my in-laws here when they visited. My mother in law literally has never said anything nice about anything I have planned EVER... and she LOVED this place. I think that's all I need to say. Savory, European, mother in law pleased with me for first time in history.