“Pleasant Staff and Friendly Service”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Dublin, Ireland
“Pleasant Staff and Friendly Service”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past but since I was last there it has been refurbished. I always find the staff to be friendly and courteous. I am normally at a trade show and it is nice to go back to another hotel away from the crowd. The rooms are clean and there is a kitchen facility which one can use if you choose. They have ordered taxis for me and no problems with any stay there.

Room Tip: Inormally pick a non smoking room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank artistmorourke
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendly and courteous staff. Also, I am pleased that our cleanliness met your expectations you found our fully equipped kitchens to be an added value.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The location was convenient, located right off the highway and walking distance to a variety of stores and restaurants. The clerk, Vicki I believe, was friendly and informative. I didn't utilize the kitchen facilities but they seemed clean and in order.

One issue: This hotel suffers from a growing problem across the country which I refer to as "flourescent white syndrome". This is the result of uninformed hotel managers stocking their rooms with the "pure white" compact flourescent lights. You must understand that these rooms are designed to be lit by "warm white" light, the colors, accents, and atmosphere, as designed by corporate, only functions with the correct color temperature. Using the pure white lights creates a hostile, industrial atmosphere where grime and imperfections become much more obvious. Don't get me wrong, I am all for efficiency, but for the love of god purchase the "warm white" variety of compact flourescent. They cost exactly the same and simulate the warm, friendly, comfortable glow of traditional incandescent.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Dirty_A_1123
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the comforts of the hotel room and convenience of the location. Thank you for the recommendation regarding the light bulbs. We will take this into consideration. Thank you again for your kind words.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Coralville, Iowa, USA
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The bed was neither clean, nor comfortable. The bedding is cheap. The carpet needs to be at least steam cleaned. No shampoo or conditioner. Free breakfast only served cereal bars. The drain of tub not working well. Even the price is cheap, it is not worth the money.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amgen84
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the bedding was neither to your cleanliness or comfort standards. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will strive to make sure your experience is not repeated. Also, we are having maintenance to schedule deep cleanings of the carpets int e guest rooms. I apologize it was not communicated to you during check-in, that toiletries can be picked up at the front desk for all guest.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at obk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was on vacation to Chicago and found this hotel deal through Priceline very cheap. I got it for less than $40 per day. The lobby was very neat and they offered complementary breakfast. We were a group of 11 people on the trip and we enjoyed our stay there. The staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sashokpandian
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that our team provided you with friendly and courteous service. As well, I am thrilled to know that you and your entire group enjoyed your stay overall.

davenport iowa
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Walked in the lobby from the mostly empty parking lot and immediately it just smelled like pet store. Vicki at front desk was very nice. Get up to room, there was FECES in my toilet, PUBIC hairs in my bathtub and hair stuck to the bath towel. As I had passed a housekeeping lady on my way to room, I went and asked her if she could please sanitize my toilet. She told me NO and to call the front desk, because she wasn't doing it. Vicki came up and cleaned my bathroom. I was just getting settled in, pulled my sheets back and there were tiny SPIDERS in the bed!!!! Needless to say I packed up and left. Walls were paper thin, I could hear someones phone ringing and then their conversation. Refrigerator was all dented up, window sill was full of grubby handprints. Awful, awful place. If you are desperate for a cheap hotel, this might suit you, but I'd rather sleep in my car then here.

Room Tip: My tip is to find a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank letitsnow1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Jody - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that you found your bed and bathroom to be unclean. Please accept our apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is working diligently to provide clean and comfortable rooms. As well, I will be speaking with the staff member personally as well as coaching the entire team on how to handle guests requests in a better fashion moving forward. I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs properly.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at obk@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Most of the staff are pleasant and hard working. Maria on days and Jason on nights stand out as reliable and very attentive, pleasant and professional. I've been here a long time.
Mary who works the overnight shift through morning needs counseling on attitude (loud and rude and dose not follow what she says are the rules).
Thank You for the opportunity to express my opinions.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jfjtoday
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that we provided you with an overall great experience during your stay. We apologize for the standard of customer service you received from other staff members. We are addressing your concerns with the staff to ensure that guest do not run into this issue in the future. We are sorry for this issue however; we are happy to read that Maria and Jason provided you with reliable and professional service.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Been hotel hopping all July with my fiancee in Oak Brook area because of work. Priceline has turned out to be a very helpful thing this summer with there new "Express Deals." We stayed at the hotel under $50 each night we did stay there. I wouldn't pay more than that though. The front desk ladies always have bad attitudes and you can tell they hated our guts. The first time we checked into this hotel they tried to put us in a smoking room. Didn't ask, just put us there. So, once we complained they did give us another room, but it was a hassle. They try to put "priceline customers" in the less nice rooms. Which is complete bull, if you ask me.

Stayed a couple days and went and came back several times throughout July. Staff always seemed to have problems with us. And we are NOT mean/whiny people. They just need an attitude adjustment. Otherwise, I would say it's an okay hotel. The little kitchen is nice if you're staying a long time. Hot showers. Laundry room is expensive. Hard beds. I would stay again, just because it's cheap.

Room Tip: ALWAYS ask for NON-smoking room if you are a non-smoker. They try to put you in smoking rooms if you...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MelissaSNe
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the staff attitude is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience and I am very sorry for the smoking room that was assigned to you.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that the ladies will be more welcoming and accommodating to smoking and non-smoking preferences to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at obk@extendedstay.com.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.