Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed here only because I prepaid and couldn't change it. I never stayed in one before and this will be my last time.I did come a day early, so I centrally them for nothing room available. So I asked the lady, what she suggested I do considering I have children with me and just drove from Detroit. She said, you can check into another hotel. Little did she know, I know the area well. I also know another extended Stay 5 mins away. I had to ask here to do her job and call and see if a room was available there for me that night. Then she did and I stayed at the other one. It was just as bad!!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Chris R
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Chris – I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the booking issues during the check-in process. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, obk@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is garbage! My fiancee and i have stayed at this hotel(off and on) through priceline and paying the direct full price for over a year. The hotel(and priceline im sure) have collected over $1200 per month from us in that time period. This hotel DOES NOT respect their priceline customer base and has made that very clear throughout our stay. When we first got to the hotel it was a very beautiful and pleasant place to stay and now it has gone downhill and is garbage! You have have Bob!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I lived at this hotel for almost a year using pricelines express deals. They however would change the location of hotels,which is a priceline thing, but we enjoyed this location a lot. We got to know the staff and most of them were very nice and helpful. The only person we had a problem with was a girl who would trash talk other guests and brag about how she slept with certain guys that stayed at the hotel. Also we have a dog the the hotel knew about, the do have a pet policy that states its an extra 25 dollars a night up to 150 dollars. We paid the full 150 to the manager at the time Adurey who then told us that we were good and didn't have to pay it again even if we checked out and came back. Since then they got a new manager Brandy who was nice at first when we ckecked in. My boyfriend went out and we get a phone call from brandy stating that another hotel we stayed at wanted us to pay their pet policy. She then said that we had to also pay her hotels pet policy. We told her that we had already did before. Long story short she wouldn't listen to what we had to say and she said that that was the old manager and that if we don't pay it we can leave. Well we left. Which I guess that was a good thing since that hotel is filled with drug deals, pimps, and prostitutes. The cops are constantly there and arresting people. Not once have we complained at all about this but they want to make a big deal about a pet policy that we already paid for.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Samantha_Burke
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I reserved with a coupon, which they didn't use when I checked in, which was disappointing. The room itself was fine, although my shower drain was broken, as well as the shower feature itself and there was dust caking the heating unit (very bad considering my allergies). The microwave was dirty and there was soap provided but no shampoo. I didn't much appreciate the young kids running up and down the hall and slamming doors at 1 AM, but that's not really the hotel's fault.

The staff was very friendly, and the bed was comfortable enough (enough blankets and pillows, and clean). There were plenty of towels as well. Would've been much more pleased with my stay had I gotten the price that I was promised with the coupon when I reserved.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayla S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Kayla – I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly during your stay. Still, I am sorry to hear that there were maintenance and cleanliness issues with your room. I will be meeting with our maintenance and housekeeping staffs to ensure these problems do not continue in the future. As well, I apologize that you experienced some noise disturbance from other guests during your visit. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at obk@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past but since I was last there it has been refurbished. I always find the staff to be friendly and courteous. I am normally at a trade show and it is nice to go back to another hotel away from the crowd. The rooms are clean and there is a kitchen facility which one can use if you choose. They have ordered taxis for me and no problems with any stay there.

Room Tip: Inormally pick a non smoking room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank artistmorourke
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendly and courteous staff. Also, I am pleased that our cleanliness met your expectations you found our fully equipped kitchens to be an added value.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The location was convenient, located right off the highway and walking distance to a variety of stores and restaurants. The clerk, Vicki I believe, was friendly and informative. I didn't utilize the kitchen facilities but they seemed clean and in order.

One issue: This hotel suffers from a growing problem across the country which I refer to as "flourescent white syndrome". This is the result of uninformed hotel managers stocking their rooms with the "pure white" compact flourescent lights. You must understand that these rooms are designed to be lit by "warm white" light, the colors, accents, and atmosphere, as designed by corporate, only functions with the correct color temperature. Using the pure white lights creates a hostile, industrial atmosphere where grime and imperfections become much more obvious. Don't get me wrong, I am all for efficiency, but for the love of god purchase the "warm white" variety of compact flourescent. They cost exactly the same and simulate the warm, friendly, comfortable glow of traditional incandescent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dirty_A_1123
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the comforts of the hotel room and convenience of the location. Thank you for the recommendation regarding the light bulbs. We will take this into consideration. Thank you again for your kind words.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The bed was neither clean, nor comfortable. The bedding is cheap. The carpet needs to be at least steam cleaned. No shampoo or conditioner. Free breakfast only served cereal bars. The drain of tub not working well. Even the price is cheap, it is not worth the money.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amgen84
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the bedding was neither to your cleanliness or comfort standards. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will strive to make sure your experience is not repeated. Also, we are having maintenance to schedule deep cleanings of the carpets int e guest rooms. I apologize it was not communicated to you during check-in, that toiletries can be picked up at the front desk for all guest.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at obk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.