I had a great one-week stay at this property. However, I misread the website and thought there was wireless access in the rooms. Why wouldn't there be? Marriott in 2011, right? But on arrival, the very kind Mark (manager, I think) let me know that was not the case. He tried valiantly to find a Marriott property nearby with similar rates AND wireless access, but no luck. So I ended up staying, and except for that one glitch, everything was fine. (I had taken a "tablet" with me instead of my laptop, or I would have been able to use WIRED access in my room.) There IS wireless access in the very small (and chilly) lobby, or in the breakfast room.
I had a "studio" room on the 3rd floor, and found everything quite clean and in good repair and working order. I requested a quiet room, and the one I had fit the bill nicely. I was never disturbed by guests or housekeeping, or by noises from above or below. I actually LIKE that they only "freshen" your room a couple of times if you are there a week, since I don't really make the kind of mess I need someone cleaning up after on a daily basis. I used the kitchen pretty extensively, and it was stocked with everything I needed (with a little improvisation on some things). There was a separate can for recycling (yay!). Bathroom was in good shape, though not the most modern or "upgraded". Flat screen TV and heat/ac worked fine. The only little gripe I have about the room was that the sleeper sofa was pretty uncomfortable for sitting; somehow the cushions shift back and your legs are left in contact with a hard metal rod that I assume is part of the unfolding mechanism.
Every employee I came in contact with was pleasant, courteous, and helpful. There is plenty of shopping nearby, including a Target with some groceries just off the back of the parking lot. A major area mall is also very close by, and plenty of good restaurants within just a couple of miles.
Free breakfast is offered; I can't eat much of it due to dietary restrictions, but the coffee was always good, and the area seemed spacious enough for the use it was getting.
I visit this area a few times a year, and I'll check back to see about the wireless upgrade before deciding to stay again. Mark did say that Marriott is in the process of adding wireless in rooms at all its properties and they hope to be upgraded soon. He was very apologetic about the inconvenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended stay property with many of the comforts of home. Flat screen tv's and free high speed internet make it easy to relax. Our Studio Home Office Suites make it easy to spread out and be connected. Our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast gives you just the right start to the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Chicago Lombard Hotel Lombard
- Towneplace Suites Lombard
- Lombard Towneplace Suites