“If they only had wireless in the rooms!”

TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Virginia
“If they only had wireless in the rooms!”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I had a great one-week stay at this property. However, I misread the website and thought there was wireless access in the rooms. Why wouldn't there be? Marriott in 2011, right? But on arrival, the very kind Mark (manager, I think) let me know that was not the case. He tried valiantly to find a Marriott property nearby with similar rates AND wireless access, but no luck. So I ended up staying, and except for that one glitch, everything was fine. (I had taken a "tablet" with me instead of my laptop, or I would have been able to use WIRED access in my room.) There IS wireless access in the very small (and chilly) lobby, or in the breakfast room.

I had a "studio" room on the 3rd floor, and found everything quite clean and in good repair and working order. I requested a quiet room, and the one I had fit the bill nicely. I was never disturbed by guests or housekeeping, or by noises from above or below. I actually LIKE that they only "freshen" your room a couple of times if you are there a week, since I don't really make the kind of mess I need someone cleaning up after on a daily basis. I used the kitchen pretty extensively, and it was stocked with everything I needed (with a little improvisation on some things). There was a separate can for recycling (yay!). Bathroom was in good shape, though not the most modern or "upgraded". Flat screen TV and heat/ac worked fine. The only little gripe I have about the room was that the sleeper sofa was pretty uncomfortable for sitting; somehow the cushions shift back and your legs are left in contact with a hard metal rod that I assume is part of the unfolding mechanism.

Every employee I came in contact with was pleasant, courteous, and helpful. There is plenty of shopping nearby, including a Target with some groceries just off the back of the parking lot. A major area mall is also very close by, and plenty of good restaurants within just a couple of miles.

Free breakfast is offered; I can't eat much of it due to dietary restrictions, but the coffee was always good, and the area seemed spacious enough for the use it was getting.

I visit this area a few times a year, and I'll check back to see about the wireless upgrade before deciding to stay again. Mark did say that Marriott is in the process of adding wireless in rooms at all its properties and they hope to be upgraded soon. He was very apologetic about the inconvenience.

Room Tip: They accommodated my request for quiet, but the whole place seemed pretty quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank roadripper
Eileen L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard.

I wanted to take a moment to let you know that we have added wireless internet to all of our guest suites as well as all of our public areas. In addition, we have doubled our bandwidth to insure that our guests have the speed and efficiency they need to get their work done.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Lombard area, you will again choose TownePlace Suites for your accommodations! We'd love to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. When I arrived I had some problems with my credit card all I had were my Marriott Rewards points. The operations manager, Mark Paprocki, let me check in without putting anything down for incidentals and gave me food. I will never forget that. I would recommend this property to anyone that wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of Chicago.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Jimmy J
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard and Mark, our Operations Manager.

I am so excited to hear how you were treated and that your stay was definitely a pleasant one. We have also added wireless internet to all of our guest suites as well as all of our public areas. In addition, we have doubled our bandwidth to insure that our guests have the speed and efficiency they need to get their work done as well.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Western suburbs that you choose the TownePlace Suites for your hotel accommodations. We'd love to see you again!
Pampa, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We stayed here as a family, if you don't need all the frills and just want a clean comfortable room at a great price this is it.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank FEMAtraveler
Eileen L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard.

I am excited to tell you about some of our recent improvements. We have added daily refreshes to our housekeeping services and these have made a significant impact on the overall cleanliness of our suites.

We have added wireless internet to all of our suites and our public areas. In addition by increasing our bandwidth, it allows our guests to work much more efficiently.

And lastly, we have added a variety of yogurts and hard boiled eggs to our continental breakfast to offer some healthier options.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Lombard area, you will again choose the TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard. We'd love to see you again!
Dublin
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Spotlessly clean. Nice cold buffet breakfast, plenty of choice. Friendly staff. Quiet hotel. Exercise room. One minor gripe - could not get wifi in room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank pgbDublin
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites in Lombard, Illinois.

I am so excited that you were pleased with the accommodations. Since your visit, we have added wireless internet to all of our guest suites and all public areas. In addition, we have increased our bandwidth to insure that our guests have the speed and efficiency they need to get their work done.

We have added some healthier options to our continental breakfast to include a variety of yogurts and hard boiled eggs.

Should your travels bring you back to the Lombard area, I hope you choose TownePlace Suites for your accommodations!
Hiawatha, Iowa, USA
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This hotel is really designed for extended-stay business clients, but it is OK for families as well. We stayed here one night during a recent mini-vacation. We chose the hotel because it was fairly close to the Oak Brook Shopping Center and because they offered a two-bedroom suite with full kitchen for a reasonable price.

The room was nice and roomy, the beds were very comfortable, and the staff (including the housekeepers) were exceptionally friendly. My only serious complaint is that WiFi is available only in the lobby area, not in the guest rooms. Network cables were available in the rooms, but the data transfer rate was disappointingly low. Hello, this is 2011!

The breakfast was also a little skimpy compared to other hotels in this class, but they probably assume that many extended-stay guests will opt to cook their own breakfasts.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NerdyButNice
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard.

We have made some improvements to our extended stay property. One significant change is the addition of wireless internet to all of our guest suites and public areas. The bandwidth has been increased also to insure that our guests have the speed and efficiency necessary to get their work done!

We have increased our breakfast offerings to include a wide variety of yogurts and hard boiled eggs to satisfy the needs of our healthier guests. I am confident that you will see even more improvements in the breakfast area ini the months ahead.

I hope that if your travel plans bring you back to the Lombard area, you will once again choose TownePlace Suites for your accommodations. We'd love to see you again!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Overall the place was above average with a very helpful staff. Room was pretty large with a very nice desk and great wi-fi for those interested. Kitchenette was nice. Room was clean This is a Marriott that is a step below the Residence Inn but, for the price it was decent. Hotel has great restaurants nearby, a Targets next door and tons of shopping within walking distance. Appreciated the front desk service calling and asking how my stay was. The complimentary breakfast was a little bit of disappointment, but not an issue. You could do worse. Would recommend this for short to mid-term stays. Didnt try out the pool, but it looked well kept. They also have grills available for guests.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PartTimeTNTraveler
Eileen L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard.

I would like to take this opportunity to share a few recent upgrades with you. We have recently increased the bandwidth for our wireless internet which allows our guests to work more efficiently from the comfort of their suite.

In addition we have added some healthier options to our continental breakfast with a variety of yogurts and hard boiled eggs.

And lastly, we now offer daily refreshes as part of our housekeeping service. This has made a signficant impact on the overall cleanliness and upkeep of our suites.

I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the Lombard area, you will again choose the TownePlace Suites. We'd love to see you again!
Fort Worth
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Stayed one night here. There is a Target and a mall very nearby. Close to the mall are a lot of restaurants. It was a good overall experience. I prefer this brand to the Candlewood Suites brand. The advantages are that the rooms are a little larger, they have a sofa in the room, and they offer breakfast. I left too early in the morning to have breakfast, so I can't comment on that. They do have free coffee and tea in the lobby, so I had some of that before I left. I did have some problems connecting to the internet, but that may have been a problem with my computer. There is not much in the workout room, but they did have a place to work out. When I walked into the building for my room, I did smell an awful smell. I think it must have been someone cooking a meal. That's one disadvantage to a place that offers kitchens - you do have to smell what other people cook. In addition, I could hear someone's dogs barking during the night. The rooms were very clean, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mrjanto
Thank you for your comments regarding our TownePlace Suites Chicago Lombard.

We have recently added wireless internet to all of our guest suites and our public areas. In addition, we have increased the bandwidth to insure that our guests have quick connectivity and efficient service to help them get their work done in a timely fashion.

We have also increased our breakfast offerings to include a variety of yogurts and hard-boiled eggs giving our guests some healthier options.

In addition, we have added daily refreshes to our housekeeping schedule. This has made a significant improvement in the overall cleanliness of our rooms.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Lombard area, you again choose the TownePlace Suites for your accommodations. We'd love to see you again!