“FANTASTIC BRAND NEW GREAT LOCATION FOR SHOPPING”

The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
GreenLeadersSilver level
london
“FANTASTIC BRAND NEW GREAT LOCATION FOR SHOPPING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2008

One of the very best hotels we have stayed in for shipping in Chicago! We have family in Downers Grove and really like Oakbrook shopping centre. These facts made this location the best for this trip. We often stay in hotels downtown but decided for ease of travel to stay out of town for this trip. The pool scene was really fabulous! The gym was really clean but not huge. They had fruit and water in the gym. There is also a hot tub and sauna - all very new and clean! The beds.... SO comfy and cozy!!! The people were really friendly and helpful as well. If you are wanting to stay just outside of Chicago you can not get a better hotel and the price is amazing! You won't find a better hotel at this price.

• Liked — pool is really great and beds are so comfy
  • Disliked — it's not IN Chicago.. but we wanted to stay just outside.. so there we were very happy
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mle_webb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2008

The check-in was efficient and the staff was very courteous. The room was spacious and the décor agreeable. We used their pool and hot tub and were pleased. The pool is long enough to swim laps. The concierge staff provided me a laminated route card of running routes in the neighborhood, which I appreciated. The restaurant features Harry Cary’s and the food is excellent. The hotel took us to a local restaurant when we tried to checked in at 12 p.m. and our room was not ready. The staff was first rate throughout our stay. My only complaint is that the room was not properly dusted. In addition, I found a dime on the floor when we first walked into the room, which made me question how clean the carpet was. For a hotel of this caliber, the little details like that should be taken care of.

• Liked — Great staff
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank harrier86
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2008

I've been staying at the Westin for a few weeks now for 3 nights a week as a business traveler. There have been a few minor hiccups (which is to be expected) but the hotel staff has done their best to make things right immediately.

Rooms are what you'd expect from a new Westin property. The comfortable Starwood bed and linens, well appointed modern bathroom with double head shower, large flat screen TV, high speed Internet (wireless and wired) mini-bar and plenty of space.

I'm a frequent business traveler and I'd rate this Westin at the high end of the scale.

The staff seems very friendly and well trained, but some times they seem understaffed at the front desk. Monday evenings when you'd expect most business travelers arriving, and they have sometimes just 1 or 2 front desk persons.

Top floor has a great Executive Club Lounge for Platinum members with appetizers and desert in the evening. Say hello to Bunny if you do stop by!

• Liked — Modern room and amenitites
  • Disliked — Staffing levels at the front desk
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank thoreaut
Wembley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2008

While a lovely new hotel, there were a few problems with the Westin Lombard.

Firstly, the sink plug in our room was faulty – apparently due to poor workmanship on part of the builders. We reported this on our last day of our stay, because we didn’t want to move from our corner room, but it was worrying for such a new hotel.

The housekeeping service was variable. Some days, it was outstanding, but on other days, the housekeeper couldn’t be bothered and the room was very sloppily cleaned. On one day, they even forgot to clean any of the rooms on the 18th floor until we alerted the front desk at 4:00 pm.

While there was a fire-alarm on the first night we stayed, the hotel offered free coffee & continental breakfast in the lobby to say “sorry” the next day. A classy gesture.

On the last day of our stay, they were offering free cocktails in the lobby. They said that they do this once a month.

The hotel is very close to both a Target and a large shopping mall. I would highly recommend the PF Changs in the area – but don’t forget to make a reservation. You can also reserve the free hotel shuttle bus to take you further a field.

• Liked — The comfy beds
  • Disliked — Poor housekeeping.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
4 Thank Wembleygal
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2008

This is a very good business hotel that needs a little work to make it great. This is the second time I have stayed here and the main problem seems to be the front desk. The first time I stayed here, I went to check in and I was told that there was not a room ready for me. I told them that I requested an early check-in at the time of reservation and I was informed that they had me down as a late check-in. This latest stay, I arrived at the hotel at 2:00pm on a Sunday. There was only one person at the front dest and she was new and was having a very difficult time. When I checked out, there was no one at the front desk. I waited for a couple of minutes and then just dropped off my key and left.

Other small problems: a long black hair on the bathroom floor and missing wine glasses. The thing that amazed me the most was that a Westin 4 star hotel uses plastic wrapped cheap plastic cups in the bathroom. I thought I was in a Motel 6!

Upsides: very cool lobby, plasma HD TV, free parking, reasonably priced mini-bar and Starbucks for the in-room coffee maker.

• Liked — Top notch suburban business hotel with everything you need.
  • Disliked — Service needs polish.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank FrodisIL
chicago,il
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2008

The bed was the best part. Harry Carey's was at best non-attentive and loud. Waitresses milling about, but no one to serve you. My wife and I were "relaxing" in bed when the house keeping manager decided to, without knocking or anything, open the door and then immediatly close the door. She was quite startled when I confronted her with asking for an explanation. She mumbled something in broken english about looking for a room number which did not exsist. Upon calling downstairs, another attempt at an excuse was she was looking for a room that needed housekeeping. Although we were assured that this was not acceptable and should not have happened and that it would be reported to the manager, we had out doubts.

For the extra forty dollars that we were charged for the excecutive level, the "extras" did not live up to expectations. After eventually finding the hidden room on the 18th floor (no one told us where) the snacks were really not worth it and we left disappointed.

And even though it says you can get turn down service "if requested" in their in room brochure, be advise that housekeeping will go into your room whether you requst it or not. My advise, if you don't want them in your room, you better warn them not to. I of course think this is somewhat confusing and can be startling if not expected.

I would have to say there are better values out there for your hard earned dollars.

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank silcapnordstock
Chicago Suburbs, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2008

When my husband and I walked into the hotel lobby, we were just blown away at how beautiful it was. Very colorful and bright, with a large "waterfall" taking up one entire wall. Check-in was smooth and quick, we were on our way to our room in just minutes. Everyone was so professional and helpful at this hotel. We stayed in a king suite. The room included: the heavenly bed (and was it oh-so-heavenly indeed) it had 5 pillows and a down comforter, 32" plasma TV with a VERY large variety of cable channels including HBO, a desk and chair, an extra table and chair, 1 large dresser, 2 night tables, a full-length mirror as well as a mirror over the desk, a bathrobe, iron and ironing board, refrigerator with mini bar (stocked full with SEVERAL types of hard liquor, 4 types of beer, juice, water, and a variety of snacks such as M&M's, nuts, granola bar, gummy bears, etc. all for purchase), a safe, a corkscrew and 2 wine glasses, ice bucket and coffee maker with Starbucks coffee. The bathroom was HUGE and included the heavenly shower (incredible), large bathtub and plenty of towels, a "real" hair dryer (not the ones that are attached to the wall, but a good strong hair dryer), marble flooring and the usual shampoo/conditioner/soap. We did not like the smell of the shampoo and conditioner (it was sort of a pine scent) but it did work very well and didn't dry out my hair. I booked the "indulgence" package which included sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room and breakfast via room service the next day. The breakfast from room service was OUTSTANDING and so fresh! I never wanted to leave, I swear this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Anything we needed, if we just called the front desk they took care of everything. We also ate at Harry Caray's steak restaurant downstairs and we were blown away at how delicious everything was. I recommend eating at this restaurant if you stay at the Westin. Overall, a great experience! I have uploaded several pictures including: the mini bar and stocked refrigerator, heavenly shower, bathroom, bed and strawberries/sparkling wine we received with the indulgence package.

• Liked — Everything for the price!
  • Disliked — Nothing, this was the best hotel experience we have had in a long time.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VivaLasVegas06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Lombard/Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Residence Inn Chicago Lombard

Been to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!