“Clean & Simple”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
USA
“Clean & Simple”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

One night stay in this suburban-Chicago property. Located near several good shopping areas. A number of decent dining options nearby.
Reception was quick, pleasant and efficient.
Room was small but adequate. Everything was very clean. The room "smelled" clean.
Beds were comfortable. Bedding/linen were nice.
Bathroom was clean and well-maintained. Basic amenities were provided. The shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Towels were good quality.
Breakfast buffet in the lobby was reasonable, with a good variety on offer.

It was rated a 2.5 stars, but I think it lives up to a higher level. Reasonably priced, compared to the other properties nearby.

5 Thank Rawanoto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bloomington, IL
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We booked this hotel on Hotwire for $65. I think that is about right for what you get. The front desk was very efficient and helpful. I was traveling with my two daughters and a friend. I asked if there were any local parks or children "hotspots" (as we were simply on a quick 3 day getaway). They immediately wrote up a pass to a local waterpark. It was a great waterpark, conveniently located, very clean, and completely free compliments of the hotel. We also found the location to be perfect for suburbia "action." Brookfield Zoo, nearly every restaurant under the sun, and 2 wonderful malls are very close. The room itself was a bit damp. At first (due to the 104 degree heat index), we thought it was just feeling damp b/c it was so much cooler in there than outside. We found over our 2 day stay that it was definitely damp. There was even condensation on the TV. Don't expect this hotel to be anything special. It is nice for the pricepoint, but the room was rather small. We were able to set up the pack and play for my 5 month old over in the corner, but there is no table or any place to eat if you order in. It was close quarters for us. The room was dated, the TV was an older model (which didn't concern us b/c we weren't there to watch TV). The room itself was clean, the bedding was nice white duvets. The breakfast was better than most hotels offering continental. It had eggs, sausage, waffles, and a variety of typical cold items as well. I would recommend it to a friend who isn't planning to spend much time in a hotel and just needs a place to lay their head for a few nights. Keep in mind that there is no swimming pool, and I didn't see a fitness center either. Those are two things that my husband and I enjoy while in hotels. Overall the room was affordable, clean, and the front desk was VERY helpful and friendly. Breakfast was nice.

2 Thank Cublove
North Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Overall, we had a good stay at this hotel. We stayed here and took the train into Chicago for vacation as my son loves train ride. The hotel provides shuttle to the train station only certain time of the day and night. Also, there is no evening service on Friday and none on the weekends at all. It is about 5 mins shuttle ride to the train and cost about $11 for the cab ride. The commute to chicago was not too hard to navigate and the train is pretty clean.
The hotel is clean, the room (135) is big enough with a tub but no fridge or microwave. There is a common microwave that can be used near the front desk. There is only a 1 person business center with printer available. Complimentary coffee/tea available 24hrs. Do not have a pool, provides complimentary continental B/F. I think the TV needs to be upgraded. Can be a bit noisy as the door slams shut with a bang if you just let it close by itself. It is close to the fitness room which we did not use.
Front desk service is just okay as they did not inform me about any of the services they provide nor the times they start B/F. Was told that the shuttle service pick up was available till 9pm but that evening when I needed the pick-up at 8.30p, was told that the driver is not available anymore.
We will stay somewhere else the next time as their shuttle service is not very convenient for going to the train station. It is close to the mall, McDonalds, and restaurants.

1 Thank sparklespan
San Jose, California
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Except for housekeeping I liked this hotel. Front desk staff professional and breakfast was not just continental: included eggs, sausage/bacon, waffles, etc.

HOWEVER, housekeeping has issues. One day I had the "do not disturb" sign and housekeeping banged on the door anyway. Another day much worse: I came back to the room midday and housekeeping was there, which was fine. I told her "don't worry I'll just use the bathroom and leave." While I was in the bathroom I heard my room phone ring. Then the housekeeper ANSWERED MY ROOM PHONE. I came out just a moment later. The housekeeper was gone. My room was not cleaned. She had TAKEN THE TIP MONEY without having finished cleaning the room. I thought she left because I was there and that she would be back to finish the job. But when I got back to my room that evening my room was still not clean. I want my tip money back. :)

WORST OF ALL I sent an email to the manager describing what happened. I waited a month or so...no response from management. Unfortunate because this housekeeping problem combined with no response from manager ruined the initial good impression I had of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank unrefinedpalette
Covington, GA
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Traveling from Atlanta to Minneapolis via a stop in Chicago, booked a stayover night at the Stay Inn in Lombard. Stayed at other nearby hotels before, so was familiar with the area and the local offerings.

It looked like a previous Hampton Inn. Accessible to the major roads and freeways. Very convenient; near a major shopping center and many restaurants. The lobby was very clean and modern, better than expected. Check-in was smooth enough. I booked the room online @ $49.00 per night. The front desk said that rate was in error and was an extended-stay rate, but they gladly honored it. (that was the rate quoted with my dates from their website)

The rooms were clean, not too small. A family of 4 w/2 teenagers. 2 full sized beds, fairly comfortable. The breakfast was pretty good; eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. No pool, but that didn't matter during this stay.

All in all, a good place to stay. I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Cov Traveler
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Stayed here for 3 days and loved it. Staff was very accomodating. Comp breakfast was better than expected. Price was very decent given the area is in a great location with plenty of parking, restaurants and shopping nearby. Had a king size bed that was extremely comfortable. Place was clean as well. Only issue was no mini-fridge and/or microwave available for short term stays. Still, if you are only going a few days and dont mind this then the place is great to stay. Restaurants nearby are excellent.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PartTimeTNTraveler
Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We stayed here to visit family in the surrounding areas for a weekend and found this hotel to have all that we needed. The service was good and always friendly. They offered an excellent continental breakfast that had a few things more than the normal. The location was a little tricky though. You had to actually pass through the extended stay's parking lot to get in if you were traveling East. Over all we were very pleased with the place and will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard? Share your experiences!