“One word...clean!”

SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I refuse to pay the rates for a room in downtown Chicago and with a little research found that the Stay Inn in Lombard was very reasonably priced and not that far a drive into the downtown area and to the local attractions. I noted that many reviewers mentioned the motel was clean, but I was still pleasantly surprised to see exactly how clean it was. The first thing that stood out was the carpet. I've rarely stayed in a motel that didn't make me want to keep my shoes on in the room. But not only was the carpet in the room clean and bright, the carpet in the hallways was too!

The beds were a little strange looking when we walked in and it gave me pause. The comforters had lumps in them from being laundered and it gave a strange appearance to the beds but it turned out the beds themselves were very comfortable. I have some health issues that make it difficult to sleep and I awake often with pain. I had a good nights sleep two of the three nights we were here and I attribute that to the quality of the mattresses. Nice!

There is a microwave and coffee available in the lobby 24/7, which made up for not having a microwave in the room but I did really miss having a mini-fridge in the room. I drink hot tea rather than coffee and they had the set up for tea alongside the coffee, but the hot water wasn't ever really hot except first thing in the morning. Perhaps there aren't enough tea drinkers like me to use it and consequently require it to be refilled during the day? If that's the problem, they need to just dump it out and refill it as it gets lukewarm.

The only thing I would say really needed improving is the breakfast. It was mediocre at best. They did change the menu a little each day, but there wasn't that much of a variety. The eggs were pretty much tasteless. And just once at a motel breakfast I'd like to find the pastries room temperature and not COLD, fresh out of the refrigerator. You can't put them in the toaster so you're stuck with cold pastry. Yuck.

We had a minor maintenance problem that was attended to very promptly. I was impressed with the quick response.

We did miss having a pool. When I booked this location I thought we'd be too busy and too tired at the end of the day to care, but turns out we could have made use of it. Seems most motels in Chicago don't have pools though for some reason.

Overall, great stay and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank picschick
Melissa S, Front Office Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on your recent stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and are always happy to see that our guests appreciate it. Thank you again! :)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am still talking about my stay at this hotel. It exceeded our expectations in every way.

If I had to have ONE complaint - the room was a tad bit small. It met our needs for our extended weekend in Chicago, however I would have liked a little more roaming room.

The room was clean (upon check-in and after housekeeping came in when we left). The breakfast was tasty and I appreciated the variety and hot options (not just your typical bagels & cereal).

We stayed on the 3rd floor right off the elevator and I have no complaints (I've read some about noise from the elevator and was worried a bit at first). The bed?! It slept like a dream. We both said we hadn't slept so well in a hotel in a very long time.

This location is ideal!!! I stayed in Downers Grove (a nearby suburb) a few years ago and was already familiar and Lombard did not disappoint! You are a straight shot into downtown and everything you could need is easily accessible (food, shopping, movies, etc.). I'd definitely stay here again, in a heart beat!

Thanks Stay Inn & thank you Hotwire for making my birthday weekend in Chicago one to remember. ((I also booked a car rental through Hotwire for this trip)) :) I've always used priceline and this was my first booking experience with Hotwire and I'll return, for sure!!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the 3rd floor...no other suggestions.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SmplyAnita619

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Stay Inn Lombard. Your kind words are really appreciated and we are extremely happy that you enjoy your stay with us :).

Please keep us in mind when you are back in the area.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked this room via Hotwire and it was about $60 after taxes. The room and bathroom were all really clean. The location is great because you're close to all the highways and across the street from Yorktown mall. The breakfast is free and is tasty with a lot of options. I would stay here again. The only thing is they don't bring anything to your room, so if you need shampoo or an extra pillow, you have to go get it yourself which seemed kind of odd to me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank YumMT2013
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was a little concerned about making a reservation at Stay Inn. It was a great low price, but I had expected the quality to be lower. It was not! It was a great deal and super accommodations. At many places I would have had to pay much more for the same atmosphere and amenities. Good job.

Room Tip: I don't know which room would be better than another. I always like rooms on the first floor so...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here in all of our visits to Chicago. We find it is central to things you need.

Close to Chicago premium outlets, malls, restaurants, target, Costco. Saves us money on breakfast with the awesome breakfast they serve.

Warm breakfast, bacon, eggs, yogurt, sausage, waffle maker, donuts, bagels, English muffins.

Room was always clean, no smells, Washroom clean.

Free parking. Free wifi.

Will alway come back here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LRG710
Melissa S, Front Desk at SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about the Stay Inn. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our amenities. Please keep us in mind when you are back in the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I went to this hotel last summer for a vacation to see Chicago for the first time. From the clean room and excellent customer service and very well done breakfast! My experience at this hotel help make my first visit to Chicago a great one! I am planning a trip to Chicago again next year and this will be the hotel I will stay at!

• Stayed: July 2013
Melissa S, Front Office Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our hotel. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests enjoy their stay with us and will return.
We are looking forward to see you again :)

Thank You!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was a return visit to the Stay Inn over Mother's Day weekend. We were still very pleased with the cleanliness of the facility, the courtesy of the staff and the great location. Our room was large, clean and had everything we needed. I love the clean white duvet covers and clean white towels. And, they even had fresh baked cookies in the evenings! We used the small exercise facility this time and it was clean and had very nice equipment. We visit family in the area once or twice a year and will definitely make this our home base next time. It is a remarkable value for the area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joan C

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. We appreciate your input as it helps us to provide the highest quality of service to all our guest. Please come and visit us again when you are back in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center

Been to SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard? Share your experiences!