“Better than expected!”

SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Chicago Lombard
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Got this stay via Hotwire and the photos were a bit on the fence so we weren't entirely sure what we were going to get but we were happily surprised! Clean, modern, friendly, updated soft bedding, friendly staff and a hot breakfast. Not the most comfortable bathtub but maybe it was just our room. Overall nice stay!

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Traveling with a basketball team so needed several rooms. The price was great for the area with is in one of the suburbs of Chicago. Room and bed were a little small (beds are full size not queen). The rooms were every clean and comfortable. We had a twin size air mattress in the room and the maid made that bed up too which I thought was very thoughtful. Lupe and another young lady at the front desk were very nice and helpful in instructing us about the area and good places to eat. The breakfast was great and they kept it stocked. There were lots of people that came down to breakfast which consisted of hot food, waffles, bacon, eggs, etc and it was all very good. Lobby consisted mainly of tables and chairs which was helpful to me because I was able to spread out and do some late night work. If you are planning on going into downtown Chicago and seeing the sites be prepared for a 30-45 minute drive with lots of traffic. There was a train station a few miles from the hotel that one of our parents took downtown and they avoided the outrageous parking fees and traffic in the city. Coffee was available all day and microwaves were available in the lobby. There is no guest laundry available and no pool which would have been nice. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cantweallgetalong
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of this motel. Rooms are smaller but well-kept, clean, and comfortable. We liked having the mini fridge in our room (2nd floor), and there is a microwave available for use in the lobby. The all-day coffee bar and ice water in the lobby were a nice touch, too. Friendly and pleasant staff. We originally had 4 days booked but extended to 6 nights, as we enjoyed our first night so much and decided we'd rather not move motels. Very good price and within reasonable drive into downtown Chicago. Also, the entire motel is smoke-free, which is a big plus for us!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with mini fridge if you want that
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

hot breakfast in the morning, a clean and safe place to stay. It is right on 22 behind the Westin and Yorktown. The room was quiet and the staff friendly. It is about 3 miles from the lombard train station to go to Chicago. I took the LaGrange station (about 7 miles away) because they have better parking and a nice downtown with shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: they have small friges in the rooms, which come in handy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary H
Melissa S, Front Office Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review the Stay Inn Lombard. Please keep us in mind on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Booked to stay at the Stay Inn when visiting the region with family. Basic, mid range hotel, well kept and well located. It is very close to the Yorktown mall with access to shopping and a range of restaurants. It is also near the highways 88 and 355 so well connected overall. They had a basic breakfast included, nothing fancy. Rooms were OK. Good value for money. Courteous staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Venkat C

Thank you.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I refuse to pay the rates for a room in downtown Chicago and with a little research found that the Stay Inn in Lombard was very reasonably priced and not that far a drive into the downtown area and to the local attractions. I noted that many reviewers mentioned the motel was clean, but I was still pleasantly surprised to see exactly how clean it was. The first thing that stood out was the carpet. I've rarely stayed in a motel that didn't make me want to keep my shoes on in the room. But not only was the carpet in the room clean and bright, the carpet in the hallways was too!

The beds were a little strange looking when we walked in and it gave me pause. The comforters had lumps in them from being laundered and it gave a strange appearance to the beds but it turned out the beds themselves were very comfortable. I have some health issues that make it difficult to sleep and I awake often with pain. I had a good nights sleep two of the three nights we were here and I attribute that to the quality of the mattresses. Nice!

There is a microwave and coffee available in the lobby 24/7, which made up for not having a microwave in the room but I did really miss having a mini-fridge in the room. I drink hot tea rather than coffee and they had the set up for tea alongside the coffee, but the hot water wasn't ever really hot except first thing in the morning. Perhaps there aren't enough tea drinkers like me to use it and consequently require it to be refilled during the day? If that's the problem, they need to just dump it out and refill it as it gets lukewarm.

The only thing I would say really needed improving is the breakfast. It was mediocre at best. They did change the menu a little each day, but there wasn't that much of a variety. The eggs were pretty much tasteless. And just once at a motel breakfast I'd like to find the pastries room temperature and not COLD, fresh out of the refrigerator. You can't put them in the toaster so you're stuck with cold pastry. Yuck.

We had a minor maintenance problem that was attended to very promptly. I was impressed with the quick response.

We did miss having a pool. When I booked this location I thought we'd be too busy and too tired at the end of the day to care, but turns out we could have made use of it. Seems most motels in Chicago don't have pools though for some reason.

Overall, great stay and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank picschick
Melissa S, Front Office Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on your recent stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and are always happy to see that our guests appreciate it. Thank you again! :)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am still talking about my stay at this hotel. It exceeded our expectations in every way.

If I had to have ONE complaint - the room was a tad bit small. It met our needs for our extended weekend in Chicago, however I would have liked a little more roaming room.

The room was clean (upon check-in and after housekeeping came in when we left). The breakfast was tasty and I appreciated the variety and hot options (not just your typical bagels & cereal).

We stayed on the 3rd floor right off the elevator and I have no complaints (I've read some about noise from the elevator and was worried a bit at first). The bed?! It slept like a dream. We both said we hadn't slept so well in a hotel in a very long time.

This location is ideal!!! I stayed in Downers Grove (a nearby suburb) a few years ago and was already familiar and Lombard did not disappoint! You are a straight shot into downtown and everything you could need is easily accessible (food, shopping, movies, etc.). I'd definitely stay here again, in a heart beat!

Thanks Stay Inn & thank you Hotwire for making my birthday weekend in Chicago one to remember. ((I also booked a car rental through Hotwire for this trip)) :) I've always used priceline and this was my first booking experience with Hotwire and I'll return, for sure!!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the 3rd floor...no other suggestions.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SmplyAnita619

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Stay Inn Lombard. Your kind words are really appreciated and we are extremely happy that you enjoy your stay with us :).

Please keep us in mind when you are back in the area.

Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Comfort Suites Lombard
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook

Been to SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Chicago Lombard? Share your experiences!