“Great location”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin
“Great location”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed here in 3 rooms for a family birthday celebration. Rooms were roomy and nicely redone. In our room, there had been a water leak in the corner of the bathroom area and we had some gnats/fruit flies around. A bit of black mold was seen on the wall above the sink. I contacted Marriott and the property contacted me about the issue. We were given 10k Marriott points for the issue. Everyone was friendly and the breakfast was great. I would stay here again while in the area, no questions asked!

Room Tip: Stay away from the street side as it can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Management36280, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you so much for your review on the Lombard Residence Inn. We have taken care of the leak issue in the washroom right away. We are very glad to hear you and your family had a wonderful time and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Maryland
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed in Building 15 July 13-15. I cannot complain about anything! The room was modern and roomy, breakfast extensive, great housekeeping, and very helpful staff at the front desk. I didn't use the pool, but it looked very inviting. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank yogagirl143
Management36280, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Lombard Residence Inn. Maybe next time you visit you will have time to enjoy the pool!
Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The Residence Inn in Lombard is a wonderful place. The entire staff is the friendliest, hard working group that goes beyond expectations at all times. My family and I are long term stays as we suffered a house fire. The property is always clean. The staff is always friendly. My children are enjoying what could have been a hard adjustment due to the fact that there is so much to do here. A great heated outdoor pool. A tennis court just their size. Basketballs available at the front desk to shoot hoops on a summer night. I highly recommend this property whether you are a business traveler or a family.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review of the Lombard Residnece Inn. We are very happy to take care of your family during a very tough time. It has been a pleasure!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I had moderate to high expectations when I booked this hotel. The first thing that I noticed was the musty odor when I walked into the room. The drain from the air conditioner was very noisy, and I suspect the closet, which housed the compressor was the culprit. There was a used bar of soap that was still in the shower and the carpeting was not vacuumed well after the last guest. The shampoo bottle appeared it had either not been replaced from the last guest because the outside of it was dirty. The coffee table and desk surfaces were smudged and sticky, which was rather gross.
The grounds were rough and not very well kept and bags of linens were set outside the rooms, which stayed there all day-I'm assuming waiting for the houseman to pick them up and take to the laundry.
When I called the front desk, they were indifferent and didn't offer another room. Very disappointing stay.
I don't think this property represented the Marriott name in a positive way.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We will be reviewing our processes at the hotel to make changes to ensure we do a better job with picking up linen from each building on the property. We will also be working with our housekeeping team to reivew our cleaning and inspection processes. What you experienced is not how we want any guests to feel while staying at any of our Marriott properties.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I liked this hotel. Friendly staff. Good, hearty free breakfast with lots of options. I know they do a free food thing at dinner too, with soda and cookies as well as dinner foods, but I didn't have a chance to try that, but nice that its there. Water, coffee, and tea always available in the lobby. Nice pool, basketball and tennis courts, and a grill. Felt like an apartment complex. Good sized rooms. My only complaint was the tiny gym. One treadmill, one elliptical, one stairmaster, a few weights. So it was hard if there were people already on the machines.

Room Tip: Stay in the back, off the street, its quieter
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Management36280, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you so much for your review of the Lombard Residence Inn. We agree the work out room needs to be enlarged and are looking into options. We hope to see you again next time your travels have you in the Lombard area.
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I had to stay in Lombard for business for a day. From check in til check out, the service was top notch. Staff went out of their way to be helpful, I was blown away! The rooms have been updated since I stayed there 7 years ago. They look beautiful. Stainless steel appliances, flat screen TV's just really nice. I almost didn't want to leave! Oh, and they had a shuttle that would take you around to local places. Used it to shuttle to the office and back. Great service to have.

Room Tip: I always choose a room away from busy streets, cause I have a hard time sleeping with street noise...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Judy B
Management36280, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to seeing you again at the Lombard Residence Inn.
Chicago
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Residence Inn in Lombard is recently remodeled and in a convenient location for shopping at Yorktown, Oak Brook and other area malls. The suite was nicely decorated and roomy. The buffet breakfast was a standard buffet with scrambled eggs and waffle maker. We enjoyed the yogurt parfaits with blueberries and granola...kind of like McDonald's. Staff were friendly and even delivered a toothbrush to our suite after 11pm. No complaints...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelhutjo
Management36280, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you and your faimily again at the Lombard Residence Inn.