“Very nice for extended stay”

Residence Inn Chicago Lombard
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed at this RI for an entire month after moving to IL. The RI was very clean, accommodated our very large dog, had full kitchenettes, a good breakfast and wonderful staff. I even left a family heirloom in my room and it was returned to me 2 months later! I would highly recommend this location as a great family option and pet friendly for guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Management36280, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on your stay at the Lombard Residence Inn. We enjoy being able to spend time and take care of you and your family while in transition. Hope all is well in your new home!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Chicago Lombard

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had a penthouse suite and the lay-out was wonderful for our family of four adults. It afforded us a lot of space as we were spending time in the room between activities surrounding a family funeral. The staff was very helpful with printing items and were always friendly. The beds were very comfortable. The only reason I did not give this an Excellent rating is everytime I used a towel they never replaced it and finally had to call to have towels delivered. The weekend cleaning was not as good as the weekday staff. We were there four nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Management36280, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your review of the Lombard Residence Inn. We thank you for staying with us during your difficult time. I will follow up with our housekeeping team and appreciate your feedback. Safe travels in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

When I arrived, parking was a little difficult due to what seemed to be a lack of spaces and snow. Once again like another review of mine, I think the facility could have been better prepared that night and had someone maintain the lot, and the walkways. I didn't enjoy hearing someone shoveling snow at about 6am when I didn't have to be awake until 9am.

The unit was clean, spacious, and overall great; however, the one thing I did notice was that there wasn't any soap for the dishwasher available. The reason I mention this is because it makes me wonder if the dishes I used were actually cleaned with soap prior to my arrival.

Upon check out, the staff was friendly and courteous. I would actually rate this place 3.5.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Management36280, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us at the Residence Inn Chicago Lombard. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. The safety of our guest is very important to us and due to the weather conditions it was necessary for us to clear the hotel ground as soon as possible. We also keep in stock dish washing liquid at the front desk per request. We hope you have safe travels in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Christopher was great we appreciate his quick action to get the heat working in our room. I was glad he was on duty to deal with out problems all so minor he corrected it all. Thank you again for being our home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2014
Management36280, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your Awesome review of the Lombard Residence Inn and Chris. I will make sure he is recognized for his great follow up and service. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Lombard area.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We would to first thank the Assit. General Manger Ordell Banks for his polite and kind customer service. We love the main suite deluxe suites it feels like home, but a more peace atmosphere
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Pastors Lonzo and Amia Harris

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank monyette1938
Management36280, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will make sure our Assist GM is recognized for his great service while you enjoyed your stay at the Lombard Residence Inn.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent a night here in Dec. 2013. Free brkfst.,free parking and free wifi. Large well decorated rooms with a fireplace.Fully stocked modern kitchens and in close proximity to mall and restaurants.Great spot for romantic getaway minutes from the city.

• Stayed: December 2013
Management36280, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

We are so glad you and your husband were able to have a nice time away from home! Thank you so much for your review of the Lombard Residence Inn.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This will be my last time staying at this property. I have stayed at a number of Residence Inn properties over the years and like this Marriott brand, but have been disappointed with this one. Who wants to trudge through snow to walk up stairs with their luggage in winter? Who wants to go outside to get to the main building to workout or get breakfast in the dead of winter? This is Chicago, it snows and is cold for several months of the year. The property is ill-conceived. The doors allow wind and cold to seep in keeping the front part of the suite barely warm. In one room I had a few weeks ago, the pots and pans had been jammed in the pull out draw under stove and were impossible to take out - not to mention the horrible smell emanating from the kitchen sink drain. And now, this latest stay. No more. The floor in the bathroom clearly shows signs of water damage (that gray in the floor is not in the lino, it is mildew/mold) and needs to be replaced!

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside edges of the buildings are very noisy. The property is at an intersection to tw...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Management36280, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your stay at the Residence Inn Chicago Lombard. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that occurred throughout your stay. I understand that our property lay out can make walking to rooms or our lobby difficult during the winter season. However, it is really nice during the summer season with our outdoor pool and outdoor sitting barbeque area. We hope to see you again during our warmer months.