“Terrible”

Residence Inn Chicago Lombard
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
“Terrible”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The first night we stayed it seemed like the perfect hotel. It was definitely perfect for the getaway myself and 3 of my friends had planned. The morning we woke up to make breakfast there was ants everywhere on the stove top, corner, kitchen table , everywhere. Something told me to check my bed , there I found a dead brown bug. Im still not aware if it was a bed bug or not. The manager , Odell Banks was extremely nice he apologized for the mess and compensated us a free night. Also , offered us a refund. We asked if we can have some guest over , he said that was fine as well. The night was looking like it would be la good night until Karen "The MOD" clocked in. The night resulted in us being escorted out by police because glass where broken outside of our room. Even though all of our provided glasses where still in our room untouched. I am disgusted with how we where treated after waking up to a bug infested room. The Lombard Police and Hotel Security were also outraged with the way Karen reacted and treated us. We had nothing to do with broken glass , or the complaint that was filed. Karen the MOD of the Residence Inn in Lombard will be the downfall for the success of this hotel !

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Kbostic
Management36280, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your review of the Lombard Residence Inn. This is not how we want any of our guests to feel at our hotel. Please contact me/Odell if you would like to review this issue further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A group of 5 of us stayed here for the week of July 27th. We stayed in the 2 bedroom Bi-level suite, which had 2 bathrooms. Overall the hotel grounds is well kept and is in a nice neighborhood, directly across the street from the local fire department, which can on some mornings be your alarm clock. The hotel itself is located near major roads, two large malls, and the I-355 I-88 interchange, both of which are toll roads. The Forest Park blue line station is a short 15 - 20min away and for $5 for 12 hours of parking is a good way to get in to downtown without the hassle of traffic, finding parking, and paying dearly for it when you do find it.
With three TV's, a kitchen, and sitting area, the room was nice and had more then enough room for 5 of us. The beds were very comfortable. We did have a few minor annoyances. The person who made the room in the afternoon failed to restock many of the items they should have such as coffee, shampoo, soap, and washcloths. I think we only saw two washcloths the whole week. At one point we had to call the front desk to have them deliver us some of the stuff we needed. The hot water heater in all rooms is only 30 gallons and the temperature setting is set relatively low for safety purposes. This is the case even in the two bathroom suites. This has got to be the worst design Mariott has ever come up with. With two people taking a shower at same time, water got cold in less then 10 minutes. After spending some time at the front desk and promising them I would not burn myself, I got them to turn up the temperature so the hot water would last a little longer.

We had breakfast 5 mornings. There was always food (nothing was ever empty), even right at the end time of 9:00 and it was always hot. The lady who was running it worked very hard to keep everything stocked and looking good. There was a variety of food items through the week.
The pool, even though I did not use, was good according to a couple other people in my group.
It should be noted that the entrance to our room was on the second floor and due to the type of property this is, there are no elevators. This was not an issue for us, but could be for some people. Check ahead.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wizzzkid
Management36280, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments about the Lombard Residence Inn. I have reviewed you comments with my housekeeping team and we are doing some retraining to make sure we restock as we clean. We are at a great location near many attractions and an easy location to travel. We hope to see you again the next time you travel in the Lombard area.
DuBois, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Nice kitchen with granite and all SS appliances, a good bed and a nice large flat screen. I love Residence Inn's even when I travel myself because of the full sized fridge and more apartment like feel. Only 3 minor complaints, 2 of which are miniscule. The small ones were no garbage can in the bathroom, and no moisturizer provided. The larger one was a lot of road noise. I'm not used to city noises, and though Lombard is a suburb, Chicago suburbs are still loud. The hotel is right across from a fire station and I heard fire sirens quite a few times. Nothing a little White Noise app on my cell phone couldn't handle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Management36280, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Lombard Residence Inn. Our full size kitchen appliances are great for those extended stays at the hotel. Our Lombard Fire Department is very respectful at night and only use the lights on the trucks at night so the guests of our hotel can sleep. We hope to see you again with your next visit to the Lombard area.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I spent a single night here recently and would definitely recommend the property. My large suite was well-appointed with kitchen, flat screen t.v. and divided bathroom. The hotel staff was extremely gracious, providing the hotel shuttle to take me to a nearby business appointment since I did not have a car.

A bountiful buffet breakfast is included in the room price. The workout room is miniscule with two treadmills and an elliptical machine. The only free weights are kettle bells, which seemed rather odd -- and potentially dangerous -- given the room's dimensions.

My only quibble was the entry of my suite: the front mat was littered with cigarette butts and candy wrappers, and the suite was reached through a dark exterior corridor lined with HVAC units. (I've stayed at many Residence Inns, and have never seen this architecture before.)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CoolAZMom
Management36280, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your review of the Lombard Residence Inn. We do apoligize for the trash left outside your room and have put a better plan in place to make sure we walks several times a day to pick up trash left on the grounds. We are a unique property with a town house design as the original Residence Inn design. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Lombard.
Lincoln, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

When I arrived I was greeted warmly by Abel Ramirez. This young man did everything he could to help me when I arrived and to make my stay as good as possible. He should be rewarded for having such a "can do" attitude.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lloyd R P
Management36280, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about Able. We will make sure he is recognized for taking great care of you while staying at the Lombard Residence Inn.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights recently. It's a nice place to stay for a family vacation. Kids love the pool and the small sports court. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and well equipped. Kitchens are nice, but bathrooms seem outdated. If you're going to stay there, try to avoid the rooms that face the intersection of S Highland & E 22nd as there're lots of road noise in the night, and WiFi signal is very weak (especially for the room in the first floor).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike X
We are glad to see your family had a great time while staying at the Lombard Residence Inn.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Pool, grilling stations, tennis court, picnic tables are all nice for the entire family. With the condo layout it was extra handy. Staff is very helpful. Full size fridge and stove in the rooms are wonderful. Our dogs were welcome and we easily fit the crate in the room. We have visited this location in the past and always keep their number handy for future visits to the Chicago area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jessica g
Management36280, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We are so glad to see you are able to relax and enjoy yourself while staying at the Lomard Residence Inn!