“Not very historic to my eye”
Review of Long Grove

Long Grove
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We live in Illinois and stopped here recently after years of seeing the tollway exit for "Historic Long Grove" and occassionaly articles touting the town in newspapers. As a former New Englander, I don't see this village as being very historic. There are a couple of nice shops and a fair restaurant. But don't venture too far from your path to walk this Grove.

2  Thank TahitiJim

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We haven't been here for a few years, but were in the area last week so we stopped by. We were very saddened to see that the apple haus had closed as with some of the other shops. But everyplace we did go to, the confectionary for chocolate covered strawberries, the popcorn shop for fudge and the bakery, we were welcomed by very friendly and helpful staff. The treats were delicious too.

3  Thank David and Sandi B
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Staff at the hotel recommended this, and the internet said it was open on weekdays until 9:00 pm so we drove over there. It was cute from what we could see from the outside, but all that was open were two restaurants. There were several businesses that had gone out of business, so it must not be doing well. Was sad I didn't get to go in some of the gift shops that were listed.

2  Thank Vanessa B
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We arrived at 10:00 AM on a Sunday morning for the Farmers' Market. We figured that it would attract a lot of vendors who would want to capitalize on overflow visitors to she shops. When we got there, there were 6 pop-ups in the parking lot. Only one sold any produce. Very sad.

A few of the shops were really fun, with lots of unique items. There were also many boutiques, with high-priced clothing. It was OK. I was a first-time visitor. I didn't hate it, but I don't know that there was anything there that would compel me to go back.

2  Thank J W L
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Love Long Grove. Either shopping with the girls, or to walk around and have a romantic dinner/wine with a date....Long Grove never lets me down. Feels like you've gone back in time to a place where people aren't stressed out, everyone is happy, and people say "hello". :)

2  Thank KaiserConsulting