“The food is good but over priced”

Onyx Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Rockford, Illinois
“The food is good but over priced”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stopped in with my father during the Stanley Cup playoffs. Great atmosphere but the food was over priced. My father ordered a burger which was alright and I ordered a panini which came out very greasy, but still yummy. The only issue is I believe they're over priced for what you get.

• Visited May 2014

Roscoe, Illinois
“Very nice and clean atmosphere.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Food very good. Management always walked around making sure everyone is happy. We had a new waitress but she worked thru it. We will be back!

• Visited April 2014
Roscoe, Illinois
“Not bad for the area”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I will start by saying that the whole Rockford area has very little to offer dining wise. For the most part, you might just as we'll hit subway or McDonald's rather than spending more money at a sit down restaurant. Having said that, the wife and I went here for the first time last night for some drinks and dinner. The service was very good. No complaints on the beer and wine selection. We shared an order of potato skins, jalapeño poppers, and a fried Cod dinner. Basically the food was good, given that I knew what to expect. I'm pretty sure most of it came out of a box in the freezer and went into the deep fryer. If you come to this place expecting typical, non-impressive bar food, you will like the place fine. I will give them a very good rating because the drink selection and service is good, and there isn't much for them to compete with in this area.

• Visited January 2013
Machesney Park
“Consistently good food and service!”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

This is an absolute "go to" place when my husband and I want to relax and get a nice bite to eat and a cocktail! We have had many of the items on the menu, and have never been disappointed. The garlic and olive oil marinated ribeye was really tasty and the veggies were a perfect balance to keep the meal on the lighter side. The Chicken Bandito and the Americana paninis are also quite tasty! The express "ready in ten minutes or less" lunch can't be beat when you are on the go and don't want to visit the usual fast food places. The atmosphere is also really nice! The drink specials are pretty good and their Big [--] Vodka & Redbulls' are fantastic!

• Visited December 2012
Machesney Park, Illinois
“Satisfied”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I went there last night with a friend. The service and food was wonderful. I got the Chicken Fettucine Alfredo while my friend ordered the pizza. It was deliscious and I thought the prices were reasonable. I would recommend this place and will be going back again. Again, the service was great even while the place was packed.

• Visited March 2012