“Love It”

Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Huntley, Illinois
“Love It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I love Zarapes. My favorite is Pollo Zarapes (chicken on cheesy rice), and I love the chips and salsa/queso. They started small, and it wasn't long before they had to move into this larger location. That pretty much says it all.

• Visited March 2014

mahomet
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The food was over salted and we all know what that means. When we told them that the food was not edible, they didn't care. We left it on the plate, paid the bill and left. Will not return.

• Visited November 2013
Mahomet, Illinois
“Prefer it to ones in Champaign”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I tend to eat out more often when I'm in Champaign--Urbana than when I'm home in Mahomet. However, I actually prefer the food at Los Zarapes to any other Mexican restaurant. Even when the place is busy, I prefer the atmosphere there to other Mexican restaurants.My favorite is fajita quesadillas.

• Visited September 2013
Mahomet, Illinois
“Great food, and friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

One of our "go to" restaurants, we eat there about once a week. Not sure what you want? they will create a special dish-just for you. Polo Zarapa is a favorite. The salsa is always fresh and the chips are hot.

• Visited February 2014
Austin, Texas
“Favorite Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Having lived in Albuquerque, Los Zarapes reminds us of the great authentic Mexican food we had there. This is not your fake-overly-spiced-up-Americanized Mexican food. This is the real deal and we love it. There have been times that we've eaten here 4 or 5 times a week when our schedule is too hectic to cook at home. I've tried nearly everything on the menu by now and enjoyed every meal.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Los Zarapes? Share your experiences!