“Adventure Trip”
Review of Shawnee Adventure Guides - CLOSED

Shawnee Adventure Guides
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer guided hiking, backpacking, rock-climbing, rappelling, kayaking & canoeing throughout the Shawnee National Forest and surrounding areas.
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My son and I just got back from our trip down to southern Illinois. We had a blast, we did the rock climbing adventure with Matt. It was amazing we couldnt have ask for a better guide. Yes some of the climbs were challenging but thats what we went for, With Matt our safety was his biggest concern. We new Matt had our back!! Then we went on a kayaking trip with Kelly as our guide. What an amazing place the Cache wetlands. Who knew that was there!! It was incredibly beautiful and full of life every where you turned. We saw a mink and thousands of dragon flies even one on the indanger species list and they even have flying fish there!!! It truly is magical. Thanks Kelly and Matt for our great trip we will never forget it!!!

2  Thank Laura M

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Had a great experience rock climbing with my husband. We did the "Rock Climbing Basics" trip, which was perfect for us. We are pretty active people so the guide let us try different climbs. The only draw back was having to wait for him to anchor in new lines :o)

1  Thank thetrouts
Reviewed 30 June 2011

My son and I took the guided rappelling trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our guide explained the purpose of all the equipment and steps to ensure fun-falling. If we return, we will do the climbing.

2  Thank pulpo11
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Me and my boyfriend used a Shawnee Adventure Guide to show go rock climbing and paddeling. It was the most fun I have had in a long time! Rob was our guide and he made rock climbing so interesting! I came away from the trip learning a lot more about rock climbing and wanting to do it more, and my boyfriend Cam'ron felt the same way... He and Rob got along well and loved talking about all the adventures they have both gone on. The trip was great! On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 10 for sure. I would love to come back and it was definitly worth the two in a half hour drive.

2  Thank AprilTrip21
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We have been boulder and bluff-climbing, kayaking on the Cache River, and will go rappelling in two weeks with the Shawnee Adventure Guides. They have so much knowledge of pursuing what some might consider extreme outdoor activities safely and with expert-level instruction. They gear activities to the skill and fitness level of the participants, so at 60+ my husband feels like a kid again. Thanks for creating a business so in harmony with nature and experiences with so many thrills and excitement!

3  Thank ShawneeForest