“Needs some updates”
Review of Blue Sky Vineyard

Blue Sky Vineyard
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Makanda
Blue Sky Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 3 Makanda B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2012

As I write this in the Tuscany Romance Suite, I struggle to sit up straight, as my back is KILLING ME. The bed (which I now remember from last time.....wish I would have remembered sooner) is so hard. Even my wife is hurting. The couch (which we really didn't use, but......) is like an old quilt on top of some nasty old springs, on a base. I'm serious. This thing is old and nasty. But again, thank god my wife didn't kick me out of bed, or I would have had to sleep on the floor.....which is as soft as the bed. The shower head doesn't shoot out streams of water. Only big flows...like 3 of them. That should be replaced, too. Add all those up and what could it cost? $500? Maybe $700? At $195 a night, I think they can afford it. The toilet room is tiny, too.
But, I gave this place a 3-star average for a reason. The room is spacious, with a sink, microwave and mini fridge. Beautiful view out of the balcony. They bring a nice breakfast for you in the morning. And, being able to just walk upstairs to your room after an afternoon of drinking is great. The whole atmosphere is very nice and the food we ordered was pretty darn good.
So, with a few bucks, this place could be really first class. I don't think we will be coming back, as we found some other B & Bs that seem nicer, with better beds (one of them has tempurpedics). But if you like "Tuscany Romance" and can handle a stiff back, this might be the place for you. Gotta go. I have 4 Ibuprofen with my name on them.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I have visited all Southern Illinois winery's and by far Blue Sky Vineyard is the friendliest staff and tranquil scenery in the area. The wine is amazing. I can only hope that travelers will stop and pass the word along.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denise C
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This is a nice winery. Very nice views from the tasting room. If you are ever in the area stop by this place is nice the wine is very good as well at a cheap price.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian5982
Reviewed 29 December 2011

A little commercial for me, but enjoyed our visit the sangria was great and we enjoyed our visit!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kadykel
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Me and my fiance were traveling down to southern illinois for his sisters graduation and all the hotels were booked. We decided to look a little farther south and came across blue sky vineyard. For the same price as a hotel in carbondale, we stayed here. it was so cozy and decorated beautifully. We stayed in the smaller room, which was still plenty big enough for us. We were brought breakfast in bed the next morning. It was a wonderful and unexpected romantic night and we couldnt have asked for anything better.

Room Tip: There is no pool at this place. Only two rooms to choose from. You have to walk up to second floor...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WrmWthr
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed for an evening in the Tuscany Romance Suite. It was a beautiful room and the bed was extremely comfortable. The dining room/tasting room is a fun place to sit and enjoy a bottle of wine and have a light dinner. The place is very open and airy, and the grounds are well kept. The setting is very peaceful and the service was excellent. They also had live music the night we stayed and it was very good. The only critique I would give the place is the that the room had a balcony that overlooked the restaurant, which is neat, but the noise from the evening crowd can be heard in the Tuscany room at night through this door. No big deal unless you go to bed early. But overall a great place! Check it out.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We stayed at the Blue Sky B&B for one night as we made our way to explore the Shawnee National Forest. The Blue Sky Suite was as lovely as the rest of the winery and grounds. We shared a pizza and a bottle of wine and it was perfect to walk upstairs to relax and end the evening. The next morning we walked around the grounds and really enjoyed the quiet surroundings and the beautiful views of the pond and estate. The breakfast was very good and we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Been to Blue Sky Vineyard? Share your experiences!