“Solidly dependable, warm and friendly place”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Manteno
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stay here quite often, and the staff makes me feel at home, from the fresh cookies at night, to holiday decorations, to the great breakfast in the morning. It was recently renovated, and the breakfast area and menu were updated at the same time. There are always several choices for breakfast, and several change daily. I like the breakfast here much better than at many other places. The pool and Jacuzzi are well maintained, and very seldom crowded. There is a small exercise room, but if you need more of a workout they have an arrangement with a fitness center in town. The great ratings below reflect how well they compare to similar hotels.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel for five nights while visiting family in the area. Turned out to be a great deal, with nice, clean, renovated rooms, friendly staff, a nice continental breakfast, and a quiet atmosphere. Its location right off the highway is convenient, and the word "Inn" is used appropriately here in that this place has a cozier, warmer feel than your average hotel of similar size. The property was well-maintained in all respects, including pool, hot tub and fitness center. I often had to stop back by my room midday, and it was always cleaned by then, which means that Housekeeping is timely and thorough. Will definitely stay here anytime I return for visits with my family in the area!

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the 2nd floor (room 200, I think), and it proved to be extremely quiet. Mayb...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The Country Inn and Suites in Manteno is a great hotel! It's clean, which is most important to us, and the breakfast is the best!! Hot, huge variety, and plenty of it! The pool and jacuzzi are well maintained. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We have stayed here in the past and have had a good experience, but this stay was perfect. The place is newly renovated and looks fresh. Free warm cookies in the lobby, complementary coffee and tea, access to a computer and printer to print out our boarding passes for our next day's flight. Breakfast was hot, varied and free. Room had all amenities (fridge, microwave, wifi) and the staff (especially General Manager Terri Caldwell) couldn't be more friendly or helpful. There was even an canine welcoming committee (Chloe) on our arrival. We needed an accessible room and it too had everything we needed. Place was quiet at night and very clean overall. Would recommend to anyone who needed to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Best to reserve online then call the specific property if you have specific needs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed the place. He booked online through hotwire, so I wasn't really sure what to expect when I arrived. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean the place turned out to be. The front lobby has fresh baked cookies available at all times, and a nice seating area with a fireplace and several comfy chairs and couch. There was also a bookshelf with books that you could take to your room and read. The pool/hot tub area was also very nice. It seemed to be well maintained, clean towels for guests and we used it several times during our stay. Our room was great, it had a small fridge and microwave. I felt it was clean and comfortable. I have to say the best part was breakfast! There were so many options both hot and cold. The first morning we had sausage, biscuits and gravy. There is a waffle iron to make your own waffles. They also had cereal and yogurt with toppings. There were donuts and bagels and bread for toast, and hard boiled eggs. The coffee was good, and there were several different juices to choose from. The second day we had french toast and bacon, and there was oatmeal too. I loved it that we could have a nice hot breakfast, not just the usual donuts and juice you get at some places that say they have breakfast. I would recommend staying here to family and friends and I hope to get the chance to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed last friday night for our daughter's college graduation in nearby bourbonnais. Upon checkin we noticed the lobby decorated in the college colors and a large congrats sign hanging from the front desk! It was a very nice touch! Had excellent service, especially by manager, crystal. One of my dresses slipped off the hanger in the main lobby and I did not notice until I got home. Crystal said she would gladly mail it to me without charge! All of the employees we encountered had the same friendly service. The front desk employees also helped us avoid traffic jams on I 57 by giving us an alternate route to the university.
Continental breakfast was adequate. Did not use the pool or hot tub but both looked clean. Wish the bedding would be updated, but it was ok for just one night. One other slight issue was we were on the main floor and could hear walking from the room above. We will definitely stay there again, but will choose the top floor.

Room Tip: Suggest top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights & it was alright. Basic. Clean. Neat. Folks at the front desk were really friendly. Breakfast was good. Overall good experience.

• Stayed: February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteno
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monee

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno? Share your experiences!