“Worst hotel experience I've ever had.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Manteno
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed here because we had reward points and it was free. Had we paid any money I would have requested a refund. The bathroom had hairs all over it the sheets and pillow cases were stained. It was totally disgusting.

Then there were kids running and screaming in the hall the entire time. When I called the front desk they said they had the right to do that. It was the first time we ever thought about just leaving a hotel.

And to top it all off they CHARGED US for a stained sheet when everything was gross and stain when we got there. We even called and told them the stains were not done by us they refuse to take off the charge!!

Oh and the staff is rude. I won't stay at a country inn ever again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank debbie w
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites standards. Further review of your situation reveals that Customer Care has already offered to fully refund your points for the stay as well as the $20.00. If we can assist you with this matter further, please let us know.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

This was the first time I had stayed at a Country inn and suites. It was very nice appearance and very crowded both nights. The breakfast was very good and varied between the two days. 24 hour cookies and coffee was different from most chains. Late hours for the pool was cool and even later hours for adults. At the front desk you could get a DVD player, board games, and even ladder toss. They had a libaray system where you could read books and if you didn't finish the book you could take it with you and return it to your nearest Country inn and suites when you were done. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only bad mark this place had was our room had a foul smell to it I don't know about the rest of the rooms but the north side of the hotel outside had the same smell. On the plus side once you were in the room a minute you didn't notice the smell, it was not one of those smells that lingered with you. I would stay here again as it is placed conveniently be tween Kankakee and Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Andy P
CISManteno_AGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

First I'd like to thank you for your kind comments. We appreciate that you have taken the time to review our hotel and provide your feedback. Now, more importantly, I want to apologize for the issue you had during your stay. I have informed our housekeeping and maintenance departments and we are working together to ensure that not only our rooms but all areas of the hotel are at their freshest, cleanest state. Nevertheless, we do hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the area.
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed here two nights while visiting my father at the Illinois Veteran's Home in Manteno. There are only two hotels...a Howard Johnson's and this Country Inn...in this town. Both are located right off I-57 at the Manteno exit. The hotel is 100% non-smoking and accepts pets. The "business center" is a computer on a desk in the lobby. The staff members as the desk, breakfast room, and housekeeping were friendly and spoke English. My stay was pleasant, nothing exceptional. My room was clean and the free hot breakfast was good. The decor is dated and showing it's age. There was a sign in the lobby stating that this hotel would soon be undergoing a complete renovation so it is worth checking out if you need a place to stay in Manteno.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Crystal G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay while here. I'm thrilled to inform you that since getting new owners early this summer, we are in the works of completely upgrading the hotel. This will include, all new televisions, furniture, bedding, and much much more. An updated business center is also in the plans. I do hope that during your next stay, you see these changes and it makes your stay that much better.
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2013

The rooms were clean and quiet, the cookies when we arrived were warm and yummy. The staff was very nice. Breakfast was filling and generous, with a fairly wide variety of options. There is road construction that makes it a bit tricky to get to right now, but it was worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Its hard to go wrong here. The rooms are nice, clean, and spacious. The staff friendly and courteous. They have a nice breakfast set up, with many items available. The pool is clean, and I love that they have an adult time for the pool and hot tub. No creepy situations of grown adult men sharing the hot tub with my teens, Its pretty conveniently located to bradley-bourbonais. Easy in and out, and surprisingly quiet rooms for being located right on I57. All in all, this is what I look for in a hotel, I wish all were as nice. We had zero check in problems, we were charged what we agreed to , and that was it.
Thanks

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hotelschmotel36657
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed over Memorial Day weekend. We had two king sized suites for 3 nights. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable. The staff was very nice. Breakfast was very good: the usual make your own waffles, sausage or bacon, french toast, fruit, yogurt. The hotel rooms were quiet. The pool was great. The hot tub was working well. Overall, I had no complaints!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I had booked this hotel via a blind Priceline deal. The ratings given seemed pretty decent, so I wasn't too worried. I'd never stayed at Country Inn before; not sure I would again if they're all built with similarly thin walls and floors. I am certain that I wouldn't stay at this location again.

I will preface this with, I'm a sound sleeper and can sleep through quite a bit and have done so at many a hotel room on many a night. For noisy people to bother me, it has to be BAD.
We arrived about 11:30 PM with no problems at check in. John the front desk guy was efficient.

We walked by the pool area and I took note of the multitude of kids, and a couple of moms in it. I thought to myself, "I sure hope they're not near my room." As "luck" would have it, they were staying very near me, and for the next 2 hours I heard them in the hallway, having conversations, yelling at kids and slamming doors. At one time, I cracked the door and said nicely, “could you please be quiet?" the response from an adult female was, “no thank you". Needless to say, I was steaming, so I called the front desk. John promptly came up and moved them along, but ultimately it was 2 AM before they finally called it a night. The elevator was out of order too, and our room was on the end near a staircase that the rude people were constantly going up and down all the while loudly sharing their conversations with us. If I hadn’t been so sleepy I would've gotten online to find the local law enforcement phone number.
Things to note: The usual trick of turning on the fan on the ac unit to block noise wasn't applicable here, as the fan alone option wasn't an option, so it constantly cycled on and off and couldn't provide the constant stream of background noise. Thicker walls would have been nice, but it wouldn't have blocked the sound of the malcontents & miscreants in the hallway.

We talked to the front desk person in the morning she was sympathetic, but what could she do? She blamed it on a full hotel (hence the reason they couldn't move us).

The good? The bed was comfy and the coffee in the breakfast room was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank squirlgal1
MantenoCIS_GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

After reading your review, I have a few concerns. First I'd like to apologize for the fact that you had an undesirable stay, to say the least. Now, after reading the review I am concerned that you may have reviewed the wrong hotel and if that is so I'd be more than happy to help address the correct hotel. I feel that each guest's voice should be heard. I'm asking, first, because we do not have a staff member named John and while name mix ups are common, our elevator has not been down and we have not had an issues with it. If it fact you did stay here and there was a few mix ups, I'd love the opportunity to speak with you concerning your night here with us.
815-468-2600

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteno
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monee

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno? Share your experiences!