Howard Johnson Inn Manteno
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$91
GardenInn.com
US$65
US$59
Red Roof
All reviewsbike racewaffle makerclean roomskankakeechicagointerstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Beware of begbugs!! The staff is in denial about the problem. Found 2 begbugs on the bed when I woke up. They keep telling me that the "test kits" are negative. Just lift the mattress! The bugs are as big as a small watermelon seed. I was only there 6 hours, from midnight until 6am and by then, it was too late.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 765LizzieB
HOJOFD-Manager, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Manteno, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concern. Once you made us aware of the potential of bed bugs in the room, we immediately put the room out of order. We had the room inspected by a licensed pest control company and they found no evidence of bed bugs or an infestation. I would like to apologize that you felt that bed bugs were in one of our rooms but, there is no evidence that we have any bed bugs.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel contained just a whole mess of inconveniences. The biggest one was that the door on the other side of the hotel is an exit only, so you are unable to park over there to have closer access to your room, which really sucked since we had two heavy bags of SCUBA gear we had to bring not only upstairs but all the way to the other side of the hotel. There is no elevator so you have to use the stairs. They also padlocked the bathrooms by the pool/lobby which was really fun when my Husband was using our bathroom and I really had to go.

Their breakfast is just absolutely horrible, even though they call it "deluxe". All carbs and not even any good selections of bread, donuts, or cereals. They didn't even have apple juice or something else to drink. Next time I will spend the extra money and go to the Country Inn & Suites instead of here if I end up coming back down.

Also - they do not allow pets and have a ridiculous rule of a maximum of 4 people per room. Not sure if this is advertised on their website.

Room Tip: Stay at the Country Inn & Suites instead.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank compressedairjunkie
Reviewed 9 August 2013

... stay for the Two Rivers Century Bike Race in Kankakee.

The room was clean, towels plenty and fluffy. The beds were fine and our check-in and out was fast and easy. That was the important thing to us, we didn't book for luxury or extras. If you're looking for a 'spa-type' atmosphere, keep driving -- but that's no fault of the management or hotel.

We did take advantage of the breakfast and were quite satisfied... but if you're looking for dinner in the area, there's not much other than fast-food or pizza. You'll have to head back to Bradley on I-57 to find other restaurants. Again -- not to the detriment of the hotel or our stay, just a HEADS Up to other folks who might consider an overnight stay.

All in all, it suited our needs. Easy on/off the Interstate. Close to where we needed to be. Clean and Quiet for a Saturday evening stay.

Thank you!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Heather C, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Manteno, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us durning for the Two Rivers Century Bike Race. We would like to invite you to stay with us anytime you come back to the area.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Called & made our reservation for 2 adults & 3 kids. Upon check-in we saw signs stating max # of people per room is 4 (including kids). We point out the sign & they tell us it's fine since it's 3 kids. We get in our room & it's 2 queen beds for the 5 of us. I go down & ask for a cot. They only have 1 & it's already been claimed by another room. I ask if we can cancel because I'm not letting one of my kids sleep on the nasty floor. I was told that I could not cancel because it had to have been done 24hrs before. Like it's my fault for 1 of us not getting a bed or pullout when I made the reservation for 5. They then tell me I have to upgrade my room to a suite because that has a pullout sofa but I'm going to have to pay an additional $14 plus tax & fees. It's their mistake but I have to pay more money when it's already not worth what I've paid to begin with. Are you [--] kidding me?! The hotel is outdated. Even though the rooms say no smoking, the whole hotel smelled of cigarette smoke. Other guests were partying until 12:30 & kept opening & slamming their doors & yelling down the hall the entire night. Nice of them to wake the kids up when it should be quiet time. The continental breakfast was nothing like the other Howard Johnson hotel's we've stayed at. This hotel had stale bagels, doughnuts, make your own waffles, oatmeal, frosted flakes & raisen bran. We went out to get our own breakfast instead. We will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Nicole B
Heather C, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Manteno, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortantly, we do have a limited supply of roll-away beds and they are given out on a first come, first serve. However, I do see that we were able to accommendate you when you did ask for a roll-away. As for the noise, we do not tolerate any noise after hours, so we do encourage guest, if there is a problem to notify us and we can correct it. Once again I would like to apologize, and I hope you would give us another chance in the future. Thank you

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We just needed a bed to sleep in overnight and a quick breakfast for the road so this was perfect. The room and bathroom were clean. The towels were soft. The bed could have been more comfortable, though. The price was definitely great. Morning breakfast was pretty minimal, although our daughter loved the fresh waffle. all in all I would recommend it.

Room Tip: first floor was quiet for us.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Heather C, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Manteno, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for your response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We would like to invite you and your family to stay with us anytime you are in the area.