“Very nice lodging” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Seattle
“Very nice lodging”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Just back from my grandson;s wedding last weekend in Marion.

My son and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and were quite pleased with that lodging experience. My kind and extremely hospitable daughter and her husband were gracious in picking up the tab for our 3 night stay at this fine hotel.

A convenient location just off the freeway with restaurants and shopping close by. If you like baseball the ball park is just up the hill. Or if the season is over and you just want to take a stroll to look at the empty ball park that option is available to you.

I liked the inviting lobby with the fireplace flanked bookcases and big comfortable chairs with a coffee table with an impressive selection of magazines everything from USA Today to Wired Magazine. Quick, hassle free wif fi all over the hotel. A computer station for printing your boarding pass.

Back to the lobby. Warm fuzziness and inviting complemented by friendly folks behind the desk.

Speedy check in and out.

We liked the beds....very comfortable . Clean room. Nicely appointed. Pretty much quiet although my son reported party sounds comming from room above around 2am. I was into advanced sleep mode and missed it.

And I can't say enough about how much the breakfast buffet meant to us.
So I will, without going into great detail, just say it was not lacking in anyway. Wait. there was a teeny, tiny thing..(Haven't whined in a TA review in a long time so here goes).when I went to the 2% milk dispenser to top off my bowl of raisin bran I felt like Old Mother Hubbard who's cupboard was bare...out a milk. But nothing is perfect and no one knows when you are going to run out of milk as there is no gauge like the one on your dashboard for your gasoline...but this problem was remedied in a jiffy and I can't put into words the unique and ...well...that special moment that comes with being the first person to use a quickily installed, fresh, new milk supply, Kudos to the buffet coordinator for the professional way this was handled.

It's a great breakfast...waffles, fruit, juices, coffee, pastries, bagels...etc. All that one could hope for and even more.

The staff were all wonderful and made us feel right at home with their warmth and attention in serving us.

We didn't use the fitness room, hot tub, or pool but the folks we observed using those facilities seemed to be well pleased.

Country Inn and Suites ...very nice lodging. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank yamhill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Evansville, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

Have stayed at this location mid-week every month for the past five months. They have consistently delivered on clean rooms, comfortable beds, good breakfast all at a rate lower than the other limited service hotels in the area. You must consider this property when visiting Marion

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor...there is a set of stairs taking you right to the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Friendly, smiling, professional staff. Quiet, very clean, fresh smelling room with comfortable bed, microwave, and mini fridge. Complimentary evening snacks. Good variety of hot breakfast. Will definately stay here again. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lady95
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Again, the customer service was great. My nephew was moving back for his second year at SIU and we spent one (1) night at the property. The room was clean and breakfast was well appreciated. Nicole provided an easy check-in and made us feel welcome. The front desk called about 15 minutes later to see if everything was satisfactory in the room.

Thanks once again for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Homer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

This is a very clean property, inside and out. The front desk person was very friendly and helpful. She knew much about the area and provided good suggestions for things to do. There was a question about my reservation but she very professionally worked through it without making it into a problem.

We were able to enjoy the pool and hot tub. There were no problems, plenty of towels, the area was clean. It looked like they had an outdoor patio but it was night time so we didn't go out.

The room was typical, nothing special, but everything was clean and furniture was in good condition. The AC worked very well and was quiet (you can't imagine how much I like quiet when traveling). My wife always checks for bedbugs when traveling and this place was clean, so it's nice that my family be rest easy w/o worry. The doors didn't fit the frame well, not sure what was out of whack but both the room door and bathroom door needed to be forced to close.

The coffee in the morning was just not to our liking. We enjoy really good coffee and if we don't like it we will do without. This was gas station coffee. The juice dispenser didn't have cranberry as labeled but it was lemonaid, but they need to put tape over the "cranberry" to let people know whats really available. The breakfast room is large and decorated upscale like the rest of this hotel, which is very comfortable.

Overall, I would stay here again. It's only 15 minutes from SIU Carbondale and the hotel is surrounded by many restaurants. The locals recommend "17th Street" for BBQ which is across the street.

Room Tip: I was able to book the room through my corporate travel site but this hotel doesn't offer discou...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Not knowing when we would be leaving on our vacation, we did not make any reservations. As we were driving down to Atlanta we were deciding where to stop for the evening. As members of AAA we had their tour books and made some calls to hotels in Marion, IL. The first place we called said they were all filled up as were most of the other nearby hotels. I checked a web source for more hotels and the first one that appeared was the Country Inn & Suites. We called and they had 2 rooms left, we reserved one of them. As we were giving our information, the call was dropped. Almost immediately the clerk called us back. When we arrived, the clerk told us where to go to get a good meal. Our room was larger than most hotel rooms and it was clean. My wife was able to get a good night's sleep, which is rare for her in a hotel bed. It was almost like being home she said. The free breakfast was better than most hotels offer. I have stayed at other Country Inn & Suites and have never been disappointed. We highly reccommend this hotel. Outstanding value.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel three times, but this is the first review I've written for it. I can sum up all three stays with one word ... WONDERFUL! From check in to check out everything was great. The front desk clerk was very polite and helpful. The room was immaculate (kudos to the cleaning staff!). Decent room rates, nice tv, comfortable beds, fast free wifi, and quite honestly the absolute best free breakfast I've had in a hotel in this price range. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family