“Best 2star I've been to!”

Quality Inn & Suites Marion
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Du Quoin, Illinois, United States
“Best 2star I've been to!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel is doing it right!Very clean,friendly helpful staff,excellent continental breakfast very fresh and appetizing.Central location provides easy access to all the attractions and areas of interest.Fine restaurants,gas and convienence stores right next to hotel.very comfortable,quiet,safe and affordable.Good Job !!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your
review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Amy Rogers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
West Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The best place I have ever stayed in Marion and I have stayed in many. the best place of nearly a dozen I have stayed this year on business. i would recommend this facility highly. Great amenities, fair price, very clean and accesible to highways and restaurants.I won't stay elsewhere in Marion again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, 16 August 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife and I travel through Marion generally every year and stay at the comfort suites. This time my wife and i decided to give the Quality Inn a try and we do not regret this choice! We checked in quickly to a nice and clean room. Although it was raining and we did not get to enjoy the pool. Issac (desk) and Jennifer(Breakfast host) were both very friendly and helpful making the lobby a pleasant environment. We will be returning to this hotel for sure!

PS: There is a Cracker Barrel in walking distance which is always a plus!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, 12 August 2013

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My wife and I have lodged many times in the Marion Quality Inn & Suites when visiting family in the Marion area. We have always been quite satisfied with the cleanliness, comfortable beds, and helpful staff. Plus, breakfast buffet is always excellent.

Room Tip: Never choose a room for pets or smokers
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, 1 August 2013

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We got a good deal on this hotel through Hipmunk. My first impression was that I have never seen beds so sloppily made. They had clearly been made, but just not well. Everything seemed clean and was comfortable. The outdoor pool area was nice. The breakfast was included, but was not as nice as Holiday Inn Express. A waffle machine and biscuits and gravy were the hot options each day. Hard-boiled eggs, cereal, donuts, etc. as well. Not a lot of healthy, low/non-fat options other than cereal. Cookies available at the desk during the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. Much nicer view than the interstate or parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not fully meeting your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

So. Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2013

What a nightmare.............. called ahead about a pet room, non-smoking, upstairs, was told no problem. Had trouble finding the hotel because the desk clerk didn't know how to give us directions because she only knew one way to drive on the freeway. OY!

Lugged all of our stuff upstairs to a non-smoking pet room, was charged an additional fee for the dog. Got upstairs, hot and stuffy, smelled like an ash tray and as I looked along the hallway, ALL rooms were smoking except two, got to our room ... SMOKING! Didn't even open the door because the smell in the hallway was bad enough. Back to the front desk, where I waited an eternity for the girl to complete a phone call. Next room...... lights didn't work in between the beds, so we couldn't tell if there were bedbugs but did see that the entire mattress was slashed along the side so the springs were exposed.

Back to the front desk where I was told there are no more pet rooms. I was totally fed up at this point and asked why I was being charged a premium for my pet and being given and inferior room? She finally decided to give us another room, which was mediocre at best. Walked in, hot and stuffy, no a/c on. Checked out the room, it was okay until we went to turn on the TV. Nothing worked. At this point, we were undressed and ready for bed after moving around for nearly an hour. We had to pull out the big heavy credenza the tv was on to plug it in! Seriously????????

Horrible place, that's the best I can say. During one of my trips to the front desk, another patron was changing his room, too.

1 Thank Vouvray
I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all our guest at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and that the appropriate action has been taken. Please contact me directly to resolve this matter. I would like to help in any way I can to make sure we meet your satisfaction.

Amy Rogers

Travellers are raving about these Marion hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked this in advance of what I knew was a long day (14 hours) on the road with 2 grandkids (ages 11 girl and 9 boy) and my wife (age-not available-lol). I knew I needed a roll-away bed and I called to confirm that they would have one available. To my pleasant surprise, the bed was in the room and made up. We all went to the pool and a member of the staff brought out fresh towels for us. After a good night sleep the continental breakfast satisfied the kids and us. The kids love waffles so they were happy. The gravy was salty for the biscuits and gravy for my taste. I would have liked to see fruits available. No bananas, apples, oranges. Kids had yogurt.

1 Thank 1234dave1234
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, 29 July 2013

Also, we do offer three different types of fruit on our breakfast bar, but I will follow up with the staff to see what the issue was. Please except my apology.