“THE WORST WE HAVE EVER STAYED AT”
Review of Limited Inn

Limited Inn
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We had driven a long way that day and made the reservation for two rooms with a credit card over the phone. We have had good luck with Days Inn properties before and assumed this would be as good. If they did not have my credit information all of us would have walked right back out. I was afraid that they would bill my account if we left and we were very tired.
There was so much wrong with this hotel --if I wrote it all down you would not believe it. I did take pictures and they are attached.
If we heard today that this building collapsed we would not be surprised. The stairs were crumbling --the railings were rusting away from the concrete--the bath area was discustingly moldy and dirty-- the windows have never been washed--bird poop on the door--one room had no locks on the outside door (they had been ripped off and not replaced--we put a chair in front of the door) --the breakfast(?) area was a 6 by 6 room--I don't think the carpet has ever been vacuumed let alone shampooed, Run away from this place--we should have and did early the next morning.
The only thing good was the personnel-- they could not have been nicer. Complaning to them would have been futile as they would not have understood.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank minneapol
There are newer reviews for Limited Inn

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This is an old and old style Motel 6 that changed to a Days Inn, the M6 is still visable under the current sign. The property appears to be clean as was the room, but the property is run down. Pre-cast exterior steps are broken off, the hand railings are rusty and the pool was tarp cover and apparently not open. The room was a little rough with the cheapest of furnishings. The bed was fine except the pillows are wafer thin and seem to be the cheapest of the cheap. The small a/c-heat had a hard time cooling the room down even though it was after midnight when I checked in. The "free" breakfast was typical with a couple of cold cereals, bread and make your own waffles offered. The point proven again, Days Inn apparently has low or no standards, you can get anything from good to very poor. Cost with tax was $46.25 for one person. One plus is this place is close to the highway and is close to several restaurants and other services.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

All the cover for the lamps where broken, the bathroom smell like a urine, came in and had to flush the toilet cuz was urine with paper in it, the gas station had better bathrooms. The health dept. Should go there and close this place and for 55$ a , not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Ricardo M
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed at this crappy motel when my mom and I were heading back home after visiting family. We rented out this room since Motel 6 is generally inexpensive. First thing I noticed was that there was no carpeting, which makes for an uncomfortable stay. The rooms were stuffy and poorly ventilated, dirty, and had stains all over the walls. The orange painted wall behind the bed was an eyesore. Wanted to take a shower but the tub was filthy and moldy. Not staying here ever again.. Would have been better off camping in the van.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Here it is, several years after the first horrible reviews and I have to say, not much, if anything has changed! The lobby is completely "torn out" and don't know if it's actually in process or they just stopped working on it altogether. I'm not sure this hotel CAN be fixed or renovated....it's just TOO far gone! Everything is beat up or has been painted a kazillion times. The heat/air unit was "a goner!" Outside, it was cold and inside, it was either freezing or frying. The room was so small that my bed was almost on top of the unit and I spent all night (literally) trying to regulate the danged thing. Everyone would be too hot and the very second it was adjusted to not blow hot air, everyone was freezing! Motel 6...shame on you for allowing (as someone said LONG ago) your flag to fly here! Either help this place or remove the corporate name before you lose a LOT of customers. I landed there intending to stay "by the week" and left the morning after I got there. I will NEVER book with Motel 6 again until and unless I've checked the place out visually BEFORE booking!!!! The girl (NOT THE OWNER) who worked there was a sweetheart however.... just saying, because it's the ONLY redeeming quality of this dump!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Its hard to give this motel a good review, but also hard to say its completely horrible. We checked in late 10/11 pm wanted two rooms on ground level. Had a hard time understand the guy at the front desk, he wasn't from southern illinois, by the sound of his broken english. Regardless we got two rooms, ground level that connected even, like they did in the old days. Of course this motel was a leftover from the old days, vintage roadside inn kinda place. It was a bit dirty, had some kind a beetle and a couple spiders that we noticed in both rooms. In the one room a corner appeared to be 6 inches higher than the rest of the floor. Beds were worn out, sheets seemed clean. The heater in the room with two doubles worked like a champ, with the connecting door open you feel the heat in the back of the other room. Only one of the rooms had a working exhaust fan in the bathroom. Both showers had good water pressure and plenty of hot water, however the shower head hits an average height person in the chest. The cinder block walls seem to have been a little drafty, even though we ran the heater for awhile when we got in, the room cooled off fast. The walls also didn't keep out any of the sound from adjacent rooms or the sirens that went off throughout the nights. We only paid $100 for the two rooms, your other choices in town are almost that for one room. I can handle roughing it once in awhile, if you need a bed this will work, if you need luxury you should drive on by.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Not as horrible as the reviews I read. All me and my fam needed was a place to sleep, so we were thinking cheap. It was cheap, just a. basic Motel 6 room. My husband went in first to scope it out, since i was skeptical after reading all the reviews. And the room was fine, clean is my top priority and it was. Looks like maybe they tried do some updating after seeing their terrible reviews. New comforters and wood flooring. Not too bad for the price.

• Stayed: October 2012